Lack of upper level players to attack
2008.Jan.15, 11:22 PM

WOW Zen great ideas but i honestly dont think i'd says lvl 30 was easy to get to. Its pretty much a work for lvl. ie: If you want it bad enuff u have to work for it.

I wouldnt mind losing once in awhile if i knew i had a shot for an ultimate gain. Unfortunately until thats implemented we're going to need something in the meantime.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Jan.15, 11:26 PM

Keep in mind, especially as the game grows, that the average player most likely not have access to an inactive player to farm exp from. If the only players you know are active, even at level 15-18 its easy to run out of offline targets. Scalable solutions mean the game rules change less often sparking fewer "waaa, tha gme achages are unfair" posts.
2008.Jan.15, 11:29 PM

"Hospitalizations are used to express anger, while plain old attacks would basically just be for experience."

i know. im just suggesting to show less anger and do more "leaving" for exp gains.... as opposed to gaining nothing for Hosp. plus, less stims for the loser. if everyone adopted that, it would benefit both parties more and its less to complain about for the loser. i think i will start doing that, anyway.

Edited by Zenny
Watch the masking of words please.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Jan.15, 11:34 PM

pfft, anger drives this game. don't make me stalema...I mean don't make me hosp you.
2008.Jan.15, 11:39 PM

zenith Wrote:I was going over on paper what it would take to open up a new type of combat system for player vs. computer opponents that doesn't involve the current NPCs.

I feel using player vs player combat mechanics for NPCs is just not an answer. NPCs are using player code, and don't evolve and grow like players. Some sort of combat method that will ALWAYS provides a challenge based on your strength is probably the best scalable solution. However, I'm not sure how it will be received since people don't attack players they think can beat them.

For example, what if some crimes resulted in you getting an option to fight cops to avoid jail time? What if some crimes were all about combat? How about busting people out of jail resulting in a fight with cops if you fail miserably? Or a gang having an option to spend gang points to "tip off the police" so they attack another gang/player the next time they log in?

I am sure people would love to be able to have cops to blast, or borgs, or virtually any type of enemy that didn't involve other players. I'll have to do some more planning so the game stays balanced and pbp-centric though. But adding this type of option could basically change the entire way the game is played.

I'm all for change, but don't want to diminish player accomplishments with our current code. It wouldn't be quite fair to see someone fight hard to reach level 30, then add something to the game that makes level 30 easy to get to.

I respectfully beg to differ. What makes a level difficult to reach is the number of experience points it requires to achieve it.

People are not going to attack a bot when there;s a big chance they'll lose. It would just be a waste of energy especially if you are determined to level. I think short of added NPCs, online attacking is the answer.
2008.Jan.15, 11:42 PM

Unfortunately, I am unable to think of any remedies that are sound. I honestly don't mind the occasional attack online, I realize targets are hard to come by at such high levels. I admit, I have been "forced" to hit online/away to just get some exp. I try not to do it often, but sometimes it does indeed become frustrating not having any targets.

Since ADMIN is aware of issue, and everyone is giving input in a tactful manner I do not feel aything needs to be done by players as of yet.

This game IMO was designed to keep players from powerleveling as Pullo did. However, no one in this game before Pullo has ever been as hardcore. Gangmates not attacking each other is a good example, normally higher level players migrate to each other, and join the same gang, as in the past. This does not work if they are in a two-person gang. Which by all means is the players absolute right. If I were interested in powerlevling, I would not be in a 23 person gang.

Something needs to be done to give us more targets, I hate coming with problems and not solutions. No ideas have really caught my eye. I will think on this more.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Jan.15, 11:44 PM

Conrad1103 Wrote:"Hospitalizations are used to express anger, while plain old attacks would basically just be for experience."

i know. im just suggesting to show less anger and do more "leaving" for exp gains.... as opposed to gaining nothing for Hosp. plus, less stims for the loser. if everyone adopted that, it would benefit both parties more and its less to complain about for the loser. i think i will start doing that, anyway.

Edited by Zenny
Watch the masking of words please.

you're forgetting the satisfaction one feels after hospitalizing one of the gang members who foolishly attacked a gang with stronger players.

Your idea is nice in a fuzzy bunny pillow fight sort of way, but I don't think the stronger players will subscribe to it.
2008.Jan.15, 11:52 PM

so now im a fuzzy, bunny- pillow fighing weak player.

HOSPITOLIZATIONS ARE BACK ON!

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Jan.15, 11:55 PM

Howlsong Wrote:WOW Zen great ideas but i honestly dont think i'd says lvl 30 was easy to get to. Its pretty much a work for lvl. ie: If you want it bad enuff u have to work for it.

I didn't really mean level 30 was easy. I just don't want to make it easy by adding something that alters the game balance.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jan.15, 11:55 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:Unfortunately, I am unable to think of any remedies that are sound. I honestly don't mind the occasional attack online, I realize targets are hard to come by at such high levels. I admit, I have been "forced" to hit online/away to just get some exp. I try not to do it often, but sometimes it does indeed become frustrating not having any targets.

Since ADMIN is aware of issue, and everyone is giving input in a tactful manner I do not feel aything needs to be done by players as of yet.

This game IMO was designed to keep players from powerleveling as Pullo did. However, no one in this game before Pullo has ever been as hardcore. Gangmates not attacking each other is a good example, normally higher level players migrate to each other, and join the same gang, as in the past. This does not work if they are in a two-person gang. Which by all means is the players absolute right. If I were interested in powerlevling, I would not be in a 23 person gang.

Something needs to be done to give us more targets, I hate coming with problems and not solutions. No ideas have really caught my eye. I will think on this more.

I don't see what I did as "powerleveling." I'm online between 14 to 16 hours a day and I don't just twiddle my thumbs while online. I play to win.

As far as my choosing to be in a 2 member gang, that was due to my dissatisfaction with the "new" gang code. IMO the old code was way more fun and relevant. After trying out the new gang code, I felt it was a waste of energy and time so I decided to add a new dimension to the game that required no work for Zen. CAPITALISM. :shock: