Poll: Do you agree with the Facist like ability to censor everything we write in AL?
Sign me up General!
Free speech is an inalienable human right
[Show Results]

2008.Jan.11, 12:33 AM

Quote:If it is a thread that turns into nonsense, or the idea has run it's course it will be locked.
what if the idea is nonsense?
what then hmmmmmmmm?
2008.Jan.11, 12:38 AM

I''m somewhat new the game, and I read the forums a ton. This is my first post.
mudpies Wrote:maybe it's time to adjust the guidelines
I don't think the guidelines are the problem. I think if people posted useful and constructed stuff while respecting other players in the forum we wouldn't be having this discussion. I see the same people posting nonsense and off-topic crap in almost every thread. A lot of the nonsense probably started off funny in the poster's head, but it really is just junk that needs to be filtered out. Most of the threads I've read that ended up being removed were 1 or 2 good posts and then the rest just complete rubbish.

I don't know the mods very well, but I'd rather have the long topics removed than have to waste my time reading them.
2008.Jan.11, 12:45 AM

"So in order to have all the evidence it needs to be released to have all the story."

Fantastic reasoning. Maybe as Santamod said, I am attacking the entire system and not trying to gradually change things about it...but Jolabent has put it eloquently as usual. That would be a fantastic thing to alter about our current Forum situation. Keep the information accesible...even if the threads that are in question are placed in a specific place. (locked of course) At least people can still be abreast of the happenings without being directly involved.

Some people /enjoy popping some corn, grabbin a brewsky and checkin out the AL soaps. To others, its not their cup of tea. At least let us decide for ourselves. If you are not a fan of drama; do not take the monorail to the dead thread forum.
2008.Jan.11, 03:06 PM

What a stupid poll...
2008.Jan.12, 10:24 AM

your input is appreciated
2008.Jan.12, 03:15 PM

it is like this,when any of us started playing it said PG-13,also can you imagine how screwed up it would be if you could sau anything you wanted and it not being censered,i feel if everybody could act like a adult we would not be having this poll :roll:
2008.Jan.12, 03:20 PM

i don't think that was the point of this poll. no one wants to be able to swear or anything.
2008.Jan.13, 12:31 PM

I must have been confused; what back alley hick area of this world is making my own meth lab follow pg-13 standards?
2008.Jan.13, 02:51 PM

KcCashBrigade Wrote:I must have been confused; what back alley hick area of this world is making my own meth lab follow pg-13 standards?

troof ya'll
2008.Jan.13, 03:33 PM

I can't see that this is a Pg-13 forum. There are a lot of examples that we let adults talk like adults.

What I want from each and everyone of you is that you follow a common decency or a common courtesy code. All of you or at least 90%, knows how to behave in public. Just do it here.

To quote George Carlin: "There are no bad words, it's the context we put them in that decides if a word is bad or not."

I think it went like that, and I moderate by those words.

And about having an own section for the public where we display locked threads, I don't think Zenith will ever agree to that. It beats the whole purpose of locking the thread and stopping the discussion, offspring from the locked thread will pop up at once. The threads are removed so that the involved might avoid getting long term repercussions from it if they get overheated in the discussions, which in turn can lead to players leaving because people can't get over their differences.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.