Poll: Do you agree with the Facist like ability to censor everything we write in AL?
Sign me up General!
Free speech is an inalienable human right
[Show Results]

2008.Jan.10, 10:24 AM
... Lets see how long it takes the AL secret Police to shut this one down :?
2008.Jan.10, 10:28 AM

Somewhere in between would be good.
2008.Jan.10, 10:34 AM

a question for the ages
2008.Jan.10, 11:04 AM

Why should we shut this poll down?

Would be nice if you could point at some occasions where we have gone to far in locking/removing posts.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Jan.10, 11:07 AM

That would be nice. But the posts are gone. Smile
2008.Jan.10, 11:08 AM

the people who read this thread and have their ear close to what is going down on the tracks know exactly what I mean. Also; its tough to cite posts that have been removed...but im sure i could dig up some subversive posts that have been moderated if neccesary
2008.Jan.10, 11:18 AM

Spirit of the game comes to mind. It was completely deleted because a few posts were "off-topic".
2008.Jan.10, 11:20 AM

This is what I classify as a pointless discussion, cause you fail to understand that to post on the forum you have to obey to a few simple rules, that aren't at all strict.

We move threads that have been so dragged out of topic they are nonsensical, we move offensive threads that target single people, we move threads made by people in moments when they may be blurred by a bit of rage and post something they may regret later. We do this because we want the well being of people and want to try to not let single episodes stalk people throughout the time they spend playing Awakened Lands.

What we moderators do is to give all posters the most room to have fun and enjoy themselves as we can, without letting it ruin threads with good discussions.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Jan.10, 11:20 AM

free speech is protected however much hate speech is not.

a person cannot utter a racial or ethnic epithet or make comments to incite another if those words are likely to cause the listener to react violently. However, under the First Amendment, individuals do have a right to speech that the listener disagrees with and to speech that is offensive and hateful.
2008.Jan.10, 11:25 AM

g2o2d4wp Wrote:free speech is protected however much hate speech is not.

a person cannot utter a racial or ethnic epithet or make comments to incite another if those words are likely to cause the listener to react violently. However, under the First Amendment, individuals do have a right to speech that the listener disagrees with and to speech that is offensive and hateful.

In fairness, this is a private forum, and Modssolini can do as he pleases when it comes to removing posts.

That being said I have proposed a happy medium to the real boss - hopefully it's a go!