A few thoughts on the new war system
2007.Dec.10, 12:55 AM

decadency Wrote:honestly i really liked the old gang war system, it practically FELT more like a war. but only problem with it was extremely powerful gangs declaring on significantly weak ones.. so why not add reputation to a gang? if you declare war on a significantly weak gang your gang rep lowers while declaring and winning against a stronger or equal gang results to gang rep gains? idk.. just a thought.. :lol

Quote:I do agree the gang war system needs a change. I joined the game a few days before the new system was put in place, so I don't fully understand the old system. I don't want to see gangs eleminated from wars, and I understand this could happen in the old system. (I put a lot of my early donations in to my gang) I would like to see players benifit more from a war, it's tough to get members interested in fighting wars. I think gangs should become more vital to the players, and wars more vital to gangs. Maybe the gang system could work more like the PvP system. Members would get exp. for attacking a hide out, the more you attack the more points you get. On the flip side loosing points would be a good way to get ppl to take part in the war. All members of a gang would loose exp. if the gang looses the war. Fewer point loss if you fight in the war.
2nd quote is aqualung

mabey combine these 2 ideas and gang members get a hefty amount of reputation points and some xp. since rep is kinda tough to build on your own that would light a bonfire under they're arses
2007.Dec.11, 08:26 AM

I agree with much of what is being said.
    -PvP attacks during war should be rewarded
    -Persoal stats (XP or REP) should increase after winning a war (in addition to gang points)
    -Loss of points if your gang declares war and is defeated

What the "old" and "new" war code share, is that they are both pretty one dimensional. The new code does have strategy, but that only works iif the gang that is declared upon fights back. There is not enough penalty for being defeated - It does not 'pay' to fight back.

Here is to the 'new' new code combining both singular aspects into a multi-dimensional gang war