AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: A few thoughts on the new war system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Let me just start off with explaining why I made Gentrification.

Wars for me as they are now, got a tad bit tiring. Every 15-30min we gathered up people and say "attack on tick", and after 2min the war was over. No hard feelings, just a bombed HQ, and some gang war points.

So I began to think, where is the personal bit of the war. The old war system was flawed in many ways, but it had the personal touch. You formed alliances, and you got enemies that made you fight so much harder to get to the top.

Then I asked a few mates what they wanted out from the game, and it turned out they was tired of the same unpersonal touch of the new wars, and wanted to break out. So we made the no war policy, and first thing that happened once we got more then 3 members was that Super Villains declared war on us. And since we had the policy we had, we had to retaliate. And it lead to a 4 day hospitalization war, with no winner declared.

But it felt more like a war then it had in a long, long time. I really did enjoy fighting people that were evenly sized in power and in dedication.

What I missed about that war, was a chance to declare a winner without letting tempers go too far.

So what I'm basically asking you is, what can be done to the gang war system as it is now, to make it more personal? At the moment, attacking another gang and hospitalizing is punished by making the gang war point gain lesser. I hope that player versus player fights is introduced into gang wars again, either to subtract points gained or to increase the points gain.

My off the shelf suggestion is to make hideout hp alot bigger, and slowing down refresh rate. And reward PvP combat during the war.

If a much stronger person attacks a member of the opposite gang without any chance to lose, nothing happens.

If two evenly sized in power meets in combat fights and the winner from there gets war gang points in reward, maybe subtracted from the winning gangs points or added to the winning gangs points.

The whole point is to make the wars last longer then they do now, but reward it in bigger war gang payouts.

I realize that we can't go back to the old system, but I feel that we shouldn't neglect the fun it could be, and the competition it inspired.

Any inputs?

ShadowKid

i agree 100% mate i find that there is no feeling to the "New" war system like there was in the old war system so i agree with what you say mate 100%

biffbaffboff

To make it more personal then pvp attacks would have to be introduced. However i feel that as long as stim prices stay as they are then this wont be a welcomed idea.On the + side if stims were reduced in price and pvp attacks were allowed in wars without the possibility of losing gang points (or even increasing war points) then this would go hand in hand.It would reflect more of what would happen irl in an irl warzone!

Spider101

I entirely agree. The new war system does get pretty boreing after a while. When you think about it the old war system did have some good points and would help the situation with the massive gang list. In the old system when your respect reached 0 your gang was disbanded now some may think this is a bit harsh but when you think about it its not all that bad. Sure you are loseing an investment but maybe next time you might go about things a bit better.

Maybe the respect thing and the new system wouldnt be so bad. It might be better as opposed to riseing gang price 25k....Just a thought
The new war system was a rather drastic change form the old system, but it didnt really change anything.

Old system = wait until your opponent was offlinf attack the ones that you copuld beat, get an ally to take care of the ones you couldnt and walla. no real fun for the lower level players getting their butts kicked repeatedly by the same people. It also led to a lot of hard feeling when people donated real life money to start and expand their gang just to have some one attack it until it got deleted. Some people would do this to any gang that a certain person happened to be apart of causing tempers to flare even further.

New system while not having a personal touch is, overall, an improvement. their are still options that can be explored and changes that can be made that will make it better. For instance the loss of gang points, or upgrades due to not having a certain point level. This would add a reason for a gang to fight back once attacked. They lack that motivation now. Even if you do attack people in a war to try and fight back and give your gang a chance you get angry mails saying how much of a jerk you are and how online attacks are for noobs.

No matter what is done to the war system there will always be those that complain, those that are not satified or those that think they are getting jipped as no matter what is doen there will always be the strong feeding on the weaker. My personal opinion is this. you want to have a PvP war. set one up with a gang and make a deal where the winner of the PvP war gets to attack the others hideout without fear of retaliation to claim the gang points.

The real problem behind all of this is that the community is in general more concerned with being polite to other players Than playing the game the way it was intended to be played. It started that offline attacks were looked down on, that progressed into waiting for them to be offline for 20 minutes or more, The more the community offers in courtesies the more it demands.
personally, i look at wars more like this:

Loss:
lots of action point usage, time, career points

Gain:
Pride

aside from combat bonus (which is relatively miniscule), there is no benefit to war except for that pride. thats really about it...

what if we had a system in place that, when your hideout has not been destroyed, you get small - and i mean small - bonuses to exp and crimes? this wouldnt affect people being hospitalized, but if you lose a war, then you lose EXP and crime cash!! or maybe other small bonuses that would be significant enough to keep you from wanting to lose and actually give reason to surrender a war, since right now there is honestly no penalty for losing, other than "oh no, i cant declare war yet." just a minor concept... other ideas?

Marlo

"...since right now there is honestly no penalty for losing, other than "oh no, i cant declare war yet."."

This is true...Kinda makes winning anti climactic.
thanks bro, i'm glad you agree on that point

also i just want to point out, i'm glad that zenith changed the original war code, and she changed it to something that was completely original and surprised us all, and i think that if she has time to do it, maybe she could make it even better, because right now, it seems like extra effort for little gain.

i heard rumors of her working on some new surprises, so i would personally like to see those before a new war code Razz zenith always comes out with something cool

Spider101

Saerin Wrote:Old system = wait until your opponent was offlinf attack the ones that you copuld beat, get an ally to take care of the ones you couldnt and walla. no real fun for the lower level players getting their butts kicked repeatedly by the same people. It also led to a lot of hard feeling when people donated real life money to start and expand their gang just to have some one attack it until it got deleted. Some people would do this to any gang that a certain person happened to be apart of causing tempers to flare even further.

The old system was little more than just simply beat who you can beat, most good and well organised gangs had tactics for the old system. People used together to take down people stronger than them, im not saying they dont now but they actually did it because they wanted to take down the gang or just simply beat them. Now its just farm the weaker gangs and get a few points to slightly improve your combat or HQ hitpoints. Im not saying the new system is bad it is good but in my opinion it would be better if there was maybe a combination of both old and new.

As for people donating real life money, sure it might be a waste of 25 to maybe 95k but next time around they wont make the same mistakes. If people attack your gang for no reason it would be a smart idea to make aliances or hire someone to help with the money you have just donated to the game.

Most people probably wont agree but i thought i just speak my mind anyways. Smile
The old war system wasnt much more than that.

as I recall the majority of the wars we were in occurred when we were offline. we would surrender as we rarely stood a chance against most of the gangs that declared on us. They would accept and two days later they would declare again. we would surrender. they would wait a few more days and then declare on us again. Now this was usually a gang that had at least 2 members that Elmo and Myself couldnt touch in combat even ganging up two on one.

When we had PvP all people did was complain about it, now that it is gone people are complaining that it doesnt exist but when you PvP during a war now what happens? It leads to hard feelings, angry mails and lots of time in the hospital. Again I dont see how much has changed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's