Gang Battle Update
2008.Feb.20, 03:39 PM

So far, I like it quite a bit. Thanks, Zen.
2008.Feb.20, 03:41 PM

There are obviously some things to be tweaked and worked out so everyone should just chill and and experiment with the system to see what results are to be had.

Im not a fan of it yet either but Im willing to give it a chance
2008.Feb.20, 03:41 PM

chance Wrote:Its day one people! Give it a few days here..

nah, you have to jump on it immediately, so you can own it. If you wait too long it becomes normalcy... and well you are crud out of luck. Smile

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Feb.20, 03:48 PM

Ok, so lets say we figure out the balance... what is the point of war? What should we use gang points on? There have been some interesting ideas thrown out there, but here we stand... new battle code to gain less gang points than before, yet nothing to really use those earned points on.
2008.Feb.20, 03:56 PM

teamhood Wrote:Ok, so lets say we figure out the balance... what is the point of war? What should we use gang points on? There have been some interesting ideas thrown out there, but here we stand... new battle code to gain less gang points than before, yet nothing to really use those earned points on.

That's what I'm working on now Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Feb.20, 03:58 PM

I want bling!
2008.Feb.20, 04:08 PM

i havent wanted to say anything until we gave it time. plus.. i didnt want to jump down Zen's throat. she' s done a lot of work and it will never be a perfect system. thanks for workign had on it.

now i will whine some...

it def needs some tweeks. we will get there. its fun (and expensive). work some things out and it will be fine.

i was concerned with the "power level" formula from the beginning. i like a lot of things, but dont like a few. i'll comment later on this im sure.

"so if a level 30 hits me under fair, they get gang points? but if I hit them at full, i get nothing? They are rewarded for catching me with my pants down?"

this one concerns me a lot. i stim out of the hosp... still in crit/ser.. and i get taken down and lose points. all the while....i cant attack anyone in that condition. i like it the old way, where you cant be hit unless in fair condition. this will give gangs time to cummunicate and figure out what the heck is goign on.

we're all glad to see pvp come back. it gives that ole addrenalien rush again. it also brings back some strategy.

i thought respect was coming back into play the whole time.

*EDIT*

the gang point thing. i have felt like wars are useless, b/c "gang points" dont help me in anyway (other than combat...a little). its a waste of AP.

if we only gain.."gang points" from battles..then its even more worthless to go to war/battle. i think i spent easily $30k in this last battle...for what?

sorry for the whinning.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Feb.20, 05:50 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:
chance Wrote:Its day one people! Give it a few days here..

nah, you have to jump on it immediately, so you can own it. If you wait too long it becomes normalcy... and well you are crud out of luck. Smile

*****Pictures Ush walking around his house, rubbiing his hands together, working out the master plan to take over Al!******

As Geek said "Been There, Done that":)

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2008.Feb.20, 06:00 PM

i'm glad people are expressing their concerns. almost everyone, while to some may seem to be just complaining, really want this new code to work. it'll take a little while for all the subtle parts to come into light. Zen, I hope you're taking this all with a grain of salt and are open to our concerns.

People can "battle" me when I'm critical. That's fine. What's not so fine is that I can't "battle" someone when I'm serious. Example is the battles I just tried with the same player. We are very evenly matched and generally stalemate. I had him down to critical but the last attack left me in serious condition. Each battle only takes about 100 hp off each of us. I really think I should be able to "battle" below fair condition if others are allowed to battle me when I'm below fair.

so far I've gotten a bunch of stalemates, wins for 0 points, or losses for big points. I'm still pretty optimistic tho.

teamhood Wrote:I guess I'm trying to figure out why upper level player would ever hit lower level players? I'm done with this code

way to be constructive hoodie {whiner)
2008.Feb.20, 06:13 PM

Conrad1103 Wrote:if we only gain.."gang points" from battles..then its even more worthless to go to war/battle. i think i spent easily $30k in this last battle...for what?

sorry for the whinning.

Zenith and I have talked about possible additions for gang points to make them more worthwhile to fight over. I think, and hopefully you will all agree, that we have some very good ones. Like anything they take time to develop but it is our main priority right now. We want this gang battle to work and be fun for everyone, and we want gang wars to mean something again.