Gang Battle Update
2008.Feb.20, 12:06 PM

also...PVPgang exp pts seem to be all over the place. For instance I hit one guy and got 80 exp for the gang attack and he was full energy. Then the second time I hit him, he was only in fair condition, and I got around 120 exp pts. Third time I hit him, I only got 22 pts. What is this based on?
2008.Feb.20, 12:07 PM

doesnt seem like 4 points for a gang war is much

does the amount of points for finishing the war work inversly with the time it takes to finish their hideout off?
2008.Feb.20, 12:19 PM

If you aren't getting many gang points, maybe you should try to challenge yourselves a bit more than just farming someone you know you're going to win against.
2008.Feb.20, 12:28 PM

dawilz Wrote:i have an issue with pts during a gang battle being based off of the opponent's power level. last night during a war, i gang battle attacked someone a level higher than me and received 0 points for it. why should people be penalized by not getting points for hitting someone a level higher than them? it's not my fault that my stats are better than someone a level higher than me, so why should i receive no points for it?

You did 2,129 damage while receiving 424. That's utter destruction. I am sure you never lose to this player, and could stalemate if you took all your items off. This is why the power level system was developed and actually worked with the old code.

Over time I think people will figure out who is a worthy target and who isn't. I see you only tried it one time since we went live with the code. Give it some time.

P.S. Please remember that if the gang you are attacking has NO gang points in their vault, attacking is not going to squeeze any more out of them.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Feb.20, 12:45 PM

so let me understand this, we get declared on. My level 20 attacks the level 12 player online and because of the gap, no gang point awarded for the hit?

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2008.Feb.20, 12:48 PM

zenith Wrote:
dawilz Wrote:i have an issue with pts during a gang battle being based off of the opponent's power level. last night during a war, i gang battle attacked someone a level higher than me and received 0 points for it. why should people be penalized by not getting points for hitting someone a level higher than them? it's not my fault that my stats are better than someone a level higher than me, so why should i receive no points for it?

You did 2,129 damage while receiving 424. That's utter destruction. I am sure you never lose to this player, and could stalemate if you took all your items off. This is why the power level system was developed and actually worked with the old code.

Over time I think people will figure out who is a worthy target and who isn't. I see you only tried it one time since we went live with the code. Give it some time.

P.S. Please remember that if the gang you are attacking has NO gang points in their vault, attacking is not going to squeeze any more out of them.

sweet.....so there's 5 people or so i can get pts from during "gang battles"?

this isn't fair for ALL levels in the game. imo, if you hit someone who's your level or higher, regardless of "power level", you should get some points for it. yet again, why should i be penalized and get zero points for someone who is higher than me in lvl but didn't work up their stats?
2008.Feb.20, 12:55 PM

Ok I got another question:

Look at my pvp logs can someone explain this too me:

February 20, 2008, 12:11:45 pm Level 22 MrChameleon overpowered loss 10
February 20, 2008, 12:09:36 pm Level 21 MrChameleon overpowered loss 0

One gave me 10 pts for level 22 taking on level 26 while level 21 taking on level 26 got nothing. I don't understand why.

***Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your arse will be disconnected!***

**The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.**
2008.Feb.20, 12:57 PM

as a test we declared a completely offline gang and finished them off pretty quickly and got 19 points and a few pvp. so I think the faster you finish them the more you actually get for beating the hideout.

if so, I guess this would deter you from pvp'ng a gang to death.

I may be wrong though
2008.Feb.20, 12:57 PM

From my understanding, your equipment goes into your powerlevel as well. We've all (me included) got into the habit of wearing the best possible items allowed by requirements. Weapons and armor get more effective as you increase your stats above the requirement. Yes, typically you see a small boost in defense/damage for upgrading your items, but in my opinion, not as much as if you would hold onto them for a few stat points to put you into that 'sweet spot' well above their required stats.

Basically what I'm saying is, as an example, a lvl 30 player wearing equipment from a lvl 50 area is probably throwing his power rating way up and not reaping the damage/defense he would from lower equipment, thereby pidgeon holeing yourself into a smaller group of people that you can hit for gang points.

IMO, the changes are a welcome addition and with a bit of time to figure out and master, they'll be way better than the old pillow fights...
2008.Feb.20, 01:01 PM

Maybe this means that tactics must change. If I understand you correctly Zen, higher level weapons and armor apparently are more of hindrance than a help in these new gang battles, and should apparently be discarded, or at least taken off for gang war attacks.

While I see the evening of the palying field there, I also the condemnation of the stronger player. Using w00k as a hypothetical here, one can understand that he will absolutely 'Decimate' any brawler on the streets. With that in mind, there are next to none that can give him a run for his money let alone yeild GP's for him or his gang.

So, he has a couple of choices as far as I can see from here. The first being to take a vacation form the game, in order to allow players to catch him, or, take off all the weapons and armor he has worked so hard to attain and master in order to gain a miniscule amount of gang points.

Is this fair? Maybe. Does it promote activity and stat growth, I would have to say no. Does it make this style of battle enticing for the overly active, probably not.