Official Code Change : Jobs AKA Careers
2007.Jul.25, 03:03 AM

Ooh this just seems awesome, cant wait =D
2007.Jul.25, 03:26 AM

But I want to be a career criminal! Oh yes you have politician, sorry.
2007.Jul.25, 03:46 AM

Quote:You are probably going to get loads of suggestions for more careers but one to bear in mind perhaps would be charity worker whose abilities improve humanity?

THIS IS A OUTSTANDING IDEA ANDY WHICH WOULD BENEFIT THE PLP WHO MADE MISTAKES BUYING TOO MUCH BORG. :cry:

If zen impliments this there are gonna be a allot more xmas, B/Day, valentines cards sent to zen from now on lol lol lol
2007.Jul.25, 03:51 AM

It would be fantastic if the first people who reach the top lvls of these jobs do aquire titles. i.e.

politician - Mayor of Decateur
military - General of AL Army
martial arts - Master Sensei

I can see whole new gangs forming out of this, groups of martial artists etc.

I really should stop thinking and get some real work done

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2007.Jul.25, 04:21 AM

these ideas are pretty sick, im enjoying the possibilities.

whats gonna happen to work exp and reputation?? :O i just finished pe400 and got +20 rep Sad police sergeant T_T T_T T_T

i also hope that if there are so many ways we can use our work points that its assembled in a simple way because this sounds really complex - is there gonna be like a YOUR JOB!! thing with <points> so that we can use them simply and effectively? i guess its probably already planned, but the idea of having 50,000 things that i can use points for seems frustrating almost

and why do we have to use job points to get promotions? shouldnt it be based on activity and job working? unless you want us to choose whether or not to use our points to train or to get better jobs? shrug, that part throws me off just a little bit, im not sure if the gains are gonna be worth it like that to get the later promotions

and i hope these are implemented like ... tomorrow Smile lol
2007.Jul.25, 04:28 AM

i'm speechless... (in the good way) I want to see this implemented, the sooner the better Biggrin

P.S. If I quit a job, do i keep my rank?
2007.Jul.25, 04:34 AM

andyscho Wrote:It would be fantastic if the first people who reach the top lvls of these jobs do aquire titles. i.e.

politician - Mayor of Decateur
military - General of AL Army
martial arts - Master Sensei

I can see whole new gangs forming out of this, groups of martial artists etc.

I really should stop thinking and get some real work done

I like this Idea as well. Maybe top 5 in each profession could have a special ranking put on their name?

Can't wait for the new career code to start!
2007.Jul.25, 05:02 AM

the hour you work if it an hour(s) real time or do you just pay the AP and it assumes you have already worked your hour(s)

When you leave your job you dont loss any of your stats, points or level in that job does that mean if someone wanted they could be a jack of all trades by doing a different job everyday(week)

The martial arts job as you level up will there be any advantage for fighting with bare hands? as most martial artists dont fight with weapons or guns

Remember reading about this ages ago and really liked it then cant wait for it to come in means everyone will stop been the same cookie cutter builds, Im guess reading the jobs that two of them when they get up the levels will become hideout wrecking balls and bob the builders when repairing.
2007.Jul.25, 05:35 AM

saradon27 Wrote:the hour you work if it an hour(s) real time or do you just pay the AP and it assumes you have already worked your hour(s).

sounds like a realtime hour to me, therefore rewarding the most active players, i assume every hour you pay 2APs, up to a max of 12 hours per day.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2007.Jul.25, 05:48 AM

Great idea....

I was getting tired of flipping Krabby Pattys in the Krusty Krab.

So if each week i alternate between scientist and engineer I will finally be able to build a BFG 10000 that hits for 10000 damage, has rapid fire and never misses muhahahaha

...oh yeah the careers... its really gonna put an edge on the game, next time im in hospital instead of using stims i can just shout MEDIC!!!! and nurse moriarty will come along and cure me...

OK no more eating cheese i find under the fridge :s