Official Code Change : Jobs AKA Careers
2007.Jul.25, 05:59 AM

Swizzler Wrote:Great idea....

I was getting tired of flipping Krabby Pattys in the Krusty Krab.

So if each week i alternate between scientist and engineer I will finally be able to build a BFG 10000 that hits for 10000 damage, has rapid fire and never misses muhahahaha

...oh yeah the careers... its really gonna put an edge on the game, next time im in hospital instead of using stims i can just shout MEDIC!!!! and nurse moriarty will come along and cure me...

OK no more eating cheese i find under the fridge :s

lol I got tired of that a while ago, now if I'm good enough down at the station I get to go all the way across Downtown Dec., and I get to get coffee and doughnuts for my piglet friends. It all works out well. Biggrin
2007.Jul.25, 06:03 AM

I like the new job code. It should be interesting to see how the stat gains goes. Good job Zen, can't wait to try it out.
2007.Jul.25, 07:09 AM

Intense!! Cant wait to try it out!! [Image: clapping.gif] [Image: dancing.gif] [Image: yahoo.gif]

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Jul.25, 07:36 AM

depending on what the special abilities are for the various professions I can see this job code really affecting the gang wars as well.

It will give us all a bit more of a chance to be unique and get those hard to earn stats like endurance and Inteligence.

Overall it has gotten my attention and I am eagerly waiting to try it out. It may take a small cut of my pedestrian activity level if the hours worked is indeed realtime hours but I think Ill be able to manage.
2007.Jul.25, 07:44 AM

That looks awesome. I'm so excited Smile
2007.Jul.25, 07:57 AM

nice. I look forward to trying this out.
2007.Jul.25, 08:18 AM

thanks! this looks great!
2007.Jul.25, 08:25 AM

Sounds good to me. I am slightly worried about the rep and work exp that i have.
(I have been number 1 and 2 for a long time) I hope they count to something when the switch happens.

Possibly starting in a higher rank. I would hate to go from police captain to head ass wiper at the hospital.

Apart from that i am looking forward to giving it a good go.
2007.Jul.25, 08:43 AM

Zenith,

This rocks. Keep up the good work. Can we get another job added: "Headshop Worker"? That would be great. I'm pretty sure I could rise to the top pretty fast.

Epically Yours, ZF
2007.Jul.25, 09:06 AM

The career points you get per day, can you store them up or do you need to spend them each day?

And if you can store, when you quit for whatever reason, try a new job or go on vacation or whatever, will the career points go away or will they be there still when you switch back to that job?

Oh and special abilities, like medic or lower bailing, you'd lose that ability when you go to another job? Or would it stay with you since you learned it? Like level 10 medic switch to construction loses all medic abilities unless they switch back?