Poll: What sort of penalties would you like to see for gangs losing wars?
Some/All of losing gang sent to Hospital
Loss of gang points
Random chance of gang losing a member slot (low chance, like 1 in 20 or so) and newest member being kicked
More than one of the above
None of the above, but something else entirely
Don\'t change it, it\'s fine.
[Show Results]

Gang Wars : Defeat Penalties
2007.Jul.16, 02:33 PM

ok well i wasted my vote this morning... however i like the hosping with stims idea!! for the record

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Jul.16, 05:21 PM

the hospital is more real than the others and it does kinda go with the old ways so those that like that would be happy too,lol,but that would be my choice 8)
2007.Jul.16, 05:41 PM

i like the hosp idea and def think you need to be able to stim. I'd feel bad if we just sent someone to the hosp for the points and they couldn't get out.

no bad enough to stop tho Biggrin
2007.Jul.16, 05:52 PM

well...If we take laughing man's formula and take :

Last hit * 1 = Hospital time

we could change that and do this:

Points below 0 that the hideout is * 1 = haspital time

Thus most hospital time would only be 10-20 minutes and thus wouldnt cause severe problems for a war. either one would be fine....and I have changed my mind...I suppose that being able to stim out would be fine...I guess it really doesnt matter too much
2007.Jul.16, 06:13 PM

For what its worth, I'm for loss of gang points with a loss, so that there is something of value on the line in these gang wars. I do think it should be more worthwhile to win against more highly ranked gangs, and less so to win against lower ranked gangs. That would be much like the present situation with individual experience points in combat with higher or lower level players. It would be a relative (but not an absolute) disincentive for very strong gangs to pick on the weaker ones.
2007.Jul.16, 08:27 PM

Are not having your hideout wiped out and not being able to declare on other gangs until it is rebuilt penalties?
2007.Jul.16, 10:03 PM

abysmalpoptart Wrote:i think that for the losers you lose gang points

the gang points you lose are equal to the points earned by the victor, divided by the amount of gang members participating in the winner's side, multiplied by the amount of people NOT participating in the winner's side

soo for example

gang with 5 members (4 online and fighting) defeats a gang with 3 members (1 online and fighting) to earn 20 points

20 / 4(victors's fighters) X 2 (loser inactives) = 10 lost points

i think that would be fair

Don't have losing gangs lose points but instead:

I think it would be more fair to have it rated according to how many players are online from the winning and losing gangs. I.E. If you normally would have got the above 20 points for having 4 out of 5 members online (winning gang) you now get 25 points because of having less than full compliment of gang members online (Even one second by the 5th person would count as online whereas you only get the 20), then divide it by the percentage of the other gangs members online. I.E. 1 player of a 3 player gang. (same applies to even one second by other gang counts as another player online). Divide your points by their percentage.

25 points (4 members), now 1/3 of defending gang was online so your take home points are now 8 1/3 or just round up all fractions whereas 9.

Will minimize inactive gangs getting farmed for the points. Good strategy will be to attack when high amounts of gang members are online from opposing gang to lock in the ratio.

I.E. You see a gang with 5 members whereas 4 are online now. You have 10 players in your gang but only 2 are on now. So far you are at 5 times the points for being 1/5 of your gang online but 80% of the score because of only 4 of the other gangs members are on. NOW, if that 5th person logs in because he or she wants to bank their job cash that day now you have all 5 of their members active during the war so now you can get the full amount.

The above 20 points times 5 since 2 of your 10 members were on during this time and now you just gained 100 points from a 5 member gang. LOL
2007.Jul.17, 07:12 AM

Sounds like a disincentive for people to participate; if anything, people should be encouraged to be active.

I don't have a problem with inactive gangs being victimized; they should be motivated to play. Gang presidents should be motivated to recruit active players and to dump the lumps.
2007.Jul.17, 05:05 PM

i have seen wars go on for 2 days,i feel there should be a thing happen like with crimes,if they go on for that long the gangs could get caught in a organized crime by the law enforcement ang go to jail for a while
2007.Jul.17, 05:14 PM

I like that idea; the wars can get pretty tedious