Poll: What sort of penalties would you like to see for gangs losing wars?
Some/All of losing gang sent to Hospital
Loss of gang points
Random chance of gang losing a member slot (low chance, like 1 in 20 or so) and newest member being kicked
More than one of the above
None of the above, but something else entirely
Don\'t change it, it\'s fine.
[Show Results]

Gang Wars : Defeat Penalties
2007.Jul.19, 05:23 PM

i agree chief there is alot of room for that
2007.Jul.21, 04:59 PM

Well is was a idea to toss out there that could be refined That was just a rough draft...
2007.Jul.21, 05:42 PM

konyen Wrote:how will you know if he could attack 20 times but only attact 14. I'm just saying that i won't be surprise that there are players like that out there

Just saying that if they did not want to participate at all then Hasta la Vista. I have a newer member that wants to use his APs in wars. I told him if he wanted to do 1 or 2 attacks that would be plenty for him but I would rather he trained instead but it was his choice. He did 7 attacks in one of our wars for a decent amount at his level. Felt bad he used all those but I will reward him for his gang loyalty here. Smile Smile
2007.Jul.22, 05:17 AM

Saerin Wrote:I chose hospitalization...and I think it should be like the cyber upgrades where you cant stim out.

The losing points will just hinder those gangs that for Real Life reasons just cant be on 24 hours a day to defend themselves, and lets face it unless you have people that can donate insane amounts of cash in your gang few gangs are ever gonna pass 7 or 8 people as the cost to upgrade them gets rather pricey. Due to not having as large of gangs they will have fewer on at any given moment and that makes them much more vulnerable to attack and a loss of points.

I like this, not being able to stim out after losing.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Jul.23, 11:32 PM

I like the lose points idea. It would be enough of an incentive to strategize more thoroughly but not enough of a penalty (losing a member slot) to be a drag on the game.

The hospitalization idea would slow everything down immensely and would change how things are done at the moment.
2007.Jul.24, 02:59 AM

With the integration of any new system there will always be a need for adaptation. It is entirely up to the gang members now if they want to hospitalize their opponents during a war or not. Even though lower levels would not be able to do such a thing against higher level characters they can still harm themselves enough to avoid going to the hospital; thus providing them with the ability to contribute despite their injuries. This would hold true to an injured person in real life being able to fight back from the safety of his/her hideout. ItÂ’s the player that must choose how to adapt to the changes in the new gang system and I see no reason to change anything. Strong leaders with reliable gang members had the advantage with the old process of war and this holds true with the new warring process as well. If your gang was not organized enough to prevail in wars before the new gang hideout format went into effect then no matter what changes are made only complaints will be made by those same people in the future.
2007.Jul.26, 06:17 AM

I agree with the idea of gangs being hospitalized, but the length of time should depend on the lvl, acc, dex, res and str of the individuals in the gang.
2007.Jul.28, 07:49 AM

yep hospitalize the loosing gang or just keep it the way it is Razz
2007.Jul.28, 08:30 AM

I think this poll should be started over now that the gang war code has been tried out a little. I personally like the way it is now. If you make it to harsh on the losing gang you know darn well an attacking gang is going to do whatever they have to to win. The multi gang attacks and hospitalizations will start up again to win. The large gangs will just end up running the game again because they now can not lose or they will be punished in some way. At least now they may let a smaller gang win once in a while if they are close to winning instead of putting them all in the hospital.

You attack Evil Elf 13. You hit for 1735 damage. Evil Elf 13 resists 11 damage for a total of 1724 damage. You have killed Evil Elf 13! Congrats, you found a candy cane!
2007.Jul.28, 11:39 AM

what is the current penalty for your hideout going below 0, or what do you get when you win a gang war?