Poll: What sort of penalties would you like to see for gangs losing wars?
Some/All of losing gang sent to Hospital
Loss of gang points
Random chance of gang losing a member slot (low chance, like 1 in 20 or so) and newest member being kicked
More than one of the above
None of the above, but something else entirely
Don\'t change it, it\'s fine.
[Show Results]

Gang Wars : Defeat Penalties
2007.Jul.17, 05:19 PM

Definite good idea there. Too long fighting and the Man gets you again. HEHE
2007.Jul.18, 10:05 PM

How about the loser loses exp points like failing a crime (failing to win a war) and award the winning team (the members that contribute to the war) with an above average amount of exp points compared to crimes. the reason for that is some member mihgt not come on to fight a war cause they care about building their exp level.
2007.Jul.18, 10:19 PM

konyen Wrote:the reason for that is some member mihgt not come on to fight a war cause they care about building their exp level.
Awesome team players! I wish I had a ton of those in my gang!!
2007.Jul.18, 11:08 PM

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If members login and do not want to contribute to the war then they can hit the road when the war finishes. Either by their own choice or by a big boot going up their rear because of their selfishness.
2007.Jul.19, 06:17 AM

how will you know if he could attack 20 times but only attact 14. I'm just saying that i won't be surprise that there are players like that out there
2007.Jul.19, 06:27 AM

imo, if someone doesn't want war they shouldn't be in a gang. I can respect that someone wants to spend AP criming or busting, but that person wouldn't be a good addition to a gang.
2007.Jul.19, 07:30 AM

I think that one of the main reason of wars are money.
So i think winers should get some money and loser lost it.
2007.Jul.19, 07:46 AM

I think there should be a compensation from the mixture of what Mudpies and Rafallol stated. Quite a few non donators rely on crimes for $ in order to buy credits off the market, and using them on a war is looked at a "waste". BUT being within a gang you need to be supportive of your gang and that is what gangs are all about, warring others, which cost AP. If there was a "payout" for winning wars, IMO think that more people would look into warring.

I don't like the idea of "stealing" money from the other gang cause then you would have the issue of 1 dominate gang (different issues but same problem as old combat code). But even though I don't like it, doesn't mean that it isn't more realistic. Maybe implament a 10% from gang's next OC per war with limit of 20% that one gang can take from another (still have wars but would only get gang points, no additional $)

Just an Idea

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Jul.19, 03:32 PM

Just a step further on Eagles idea what if there was a fee to go to war so both have to put up to be in a war ...now once money is put up it is not returned ever and you can be attacked at anytime after that..winner takes all. Only gangs that have put up will be able to declare multiple attacks will be either split or which ever winner does most damage gets BOTH pots the loser and the one who jumped in...make ya think about jumping in huh?
2007.Jul.19, 03:49 PM

Snyiper Wrote:Just a step further on Eagles idea what if there was a fee to go to war so both have to put up to be in a war ...now once money is put up it is not returned ever and you can be attacked at anytime after that..winner takes all. Only gangs that have put up will be able to declare multiple attacks will be either split or which ever winner does most damage gets BOTH pots the loser and the one who jumped in...make ya think about jumping in huh?

Too much room for exploit. 2 or 3 gangs could attack one and "split" the money.

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin