Official Code Change : Gang Wars
2007.Jul.16, 08:09 AM

the new code and the addons are adding to and maken the game more fun as they go on, once again thanks for all the hard work you have put into this zen Biggrin
2007.Jul.16, 09:02 AM

zenith Wrote:
badmanbren Wrote:Why is this anyway? If you wanna attack someone on less than half healt can't another box just come up sayin "your health is low are you sure you want to attack ....?"

This is why...

2 friendly gangs "attack" each other, forcing both sides to go under 50%. They are now immune to anyone online declaring war on them. But they can take out any gang offline without fearing anything.

So in essense they found a loophole I had to fix. For the 2 players who notified me earlier I appreciate the heads up. For those who took advantage... shame shame shame Smile

It's kind of like when players stay below "fair" when they know they're being hunted. Are they taking advantage as well?

Smile

Basically I think that if you're going to allow certain things, and players find ways to employ strategies and play within the rules, you shouldnt slap us on the wrist for figuring out creative ways of playing the game. An adjustment here or there, fine, but we should be applauded for finding these things you consider "taking advantage" rather than scolded. Mom. Biggrin

Also, a lot can be taken from the player vs player combat code and worked into the new gang vs gang code.

ie,
-gangs who get attacked spend time in the hosp when they lose
-gangs who attack and lose lose points, but gangs who get attacked and lose don't lose points (like XP with player combat)
2007.Jul.16, 09:07 AM

mtngti Wrote:ie,
-gangs who attack and lose lose points, but gangs who get attacked and lose don't lose points (like XP with player combat)

Also, if a gang attacks the same gang repeatedly, point rewards should diminish, much like (at least I think) XP diminishes when you attack the same meat bag over and over in player v player.
2007.Jul.16, 09:49 AM

zenith Wrote:
badmanbren Wrote:Why is this anyway? If you wanna attack someone on less than half healt can't another box just come up sayin "your health is low are you sure you want to attack ....?"

This is why...

2 friendly gangs "attack" each other, forcing both sides to go under 50%. They are now immune to anyone online declaring war on them. But they can take out any gang offline without fearing anything.

So in essense they found a loophole I had to fix. For the 2 players who notified me earlier I appreciate the heads up. For those who took advantage... shame shame shame Smile

What you consider to be a "loophole" was actually considered to be strategy.

Casting stones because players are legitimately toying with ideas concerning the new code and trying to develop a unique stategy???....shame shame shame Smile
2007.Jul.16, 10:35 AM

personally, I think that would be a decent strategy. It has a definate risk as when you do attack you are at less than full power. You cant even call it a loop hole until there are penalties to losing. and seeing as how Defending is about as useless as can be due to the amount you actually repair if someone declares on you you may as well save your ap and sit there and take the beatdown. Repairing for an average of 9 maybe 10 when they are hitting you fo an average of 2-30 doesnt make any sense at all.
2007.Jul.16, 04:32 PM

The newspaper says the following:

Quote:Hideouts now refresh when the hideout is above 50% defense rating. This refresh rate is generally slower than the under-50% rate. Hideout refresh rating adds to this number.

I have not been in battle for 5 hours and our hideout has not moved from exactly 50%, is this a glitch or is it that slow?
2007.Jul.16, 05:23 PM

Quote:Also, a lot can be taken from the player vs player combat code and worked into the new gang vs gang code.

ie,

Also, if a gang attacks the same gang repeatedly, point rewards should diminish, much like (at least I think) XP diminishes when you attack the same meat bag over and over in player v player.

I agree with all of the above. Especially the attackers losing part.

See the "what should be the penalties for defeat in gang wars" topic for the losing players and losing points for attacking the same gang over and over ideas.
2007.Jul.16, 05:43 PM

Yer it does kinda make sense to have it quite alike to the combat system.
2007.Jul.16, 05:48 PM

I thought it was a great strategy. we were waiting for you guys to come above 50 again all evening.
2007.Jul.16, 05:56 PM

mtngti Wrote:It's kind of like when players stay below "fair" when they know they're being hunted. Are they taking advantage as well?

Smile

Basically I think that if you're going to allow certain things, and players find ways to employ strategies and play within the rules, you shouldnt slap us on the wrist for figuring out creative ways of playing the game. An adjustment here or there, fine, but we should be applauded for finding these things you consider "taking advantage" rather than scolded. Mom. Biggrin

Also, a lot can be taken from the player vs player combat code and worked into the new gang vs gang code.

ie,

When players are below fair they can't attack either so it makes sense. I've used this ploy many times. Only problem is you have to attack right when you hit fair or else you'll get picked off.

*Edited by Eaglefreak. Please watch the pyramids.