Official Code Change : Gang Wars
2007.Jul.14, 03:02 AM

just start each gang back at 100 respect and have both war tactics. Imagine all of the weapons and stuff that we could store at the hideouts, than we could get stuff during organized crimes like armor and such.. ALl of the extra things would be stored at the hideout, than we could have our respect give us a rating scale to compare are selves to. Getting respect from attacking the hideout and actual gang wars... This is really needed. I am positive I have spent over 200 dollars in the last 60 days, thats crazy to have the game suddenly change, change enough that its not fun anymore, just tapping a button rather than exchanging personal energy. Im already play with a machine using text, at least keep the emotion in it..

Thirdeyewarrior
2007.Jul.14, 03:54 AM

You use energy to attack or train, you use AP to do Crimes and nothing else, to me this seems to add a good balance. Thechoice between personal gain or improving your gang.

There is nothing stopping you fighting wars exactly the same way, you just receive fewer points.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2007.Jul.14, 07:09 AM

It also prevents those that donate a ton from buying energy refreshes to keep attacking you. It gives non-donators the chance to contribute. Using AP is about the most fair way Zen could have set it up.

There still remains a few tweaks that could make it even more fun but it has improved and is getting better with every update.

and with the PoI rating gangs by points eraned from battle(which could be looked at as respect)) you have something to work for again.

Furthermore It is my understanding that at some point in the futrue you may be able to lose points as well it will make the wars even more personal and competitive.
2007.Jul.14, 07:41 AM

Thank you Zenith for the addition of the gang war history page. I especially love the summaries addition. Great work-thanks!
2007.Jul.14, 09:35 AM

I totally agree with you Cheetah. The war summaries are awesome. Kudos to you again Zenith.

For those of you that dont think this new war system is as personal as the old one all I have to say is Sorry *shrugs*. I enjoy this new system. A war takes 5 mins or less. This works much better for those that only have a few mins a day to play. Couple of mass mails from the gang leaders saying be on at this time..ATTACK and poof a member that couldn't contribute squat in the old system is now able to deal the final blow to overcome the other gangs defenses. How cool is that? I really enjoy this system. I hated wars before. All the talking smack BS. "you give us 15K and the war will be over" things like that. It made this game no fun for me before. But I sat through it all and held my gripes because my RL friends love this place.

Zenith has worked her tail off to provide us with a wonderful place to play. Although we can give our opinions to her, she still has the final say. She has obviously worked extremely hard to make this system much more fair between donators & non donators and high & low leveled persons. The least we can do is play together to help her test her new code. Y'all new it was gonna take some tweeking to get it to its final stage so just sit back & watch. You may learn to like this after all.

And remember it's just a game!
2007.Jul.14, 11:26 AM

Yes Zen, I believe I am luving this New system now! I enjoyed war before but now hell I can't get enough!! :wink: Biggrin

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Jul.14, 11:31 AM

As mud said...a big down side is not earning if you chose to war.....def cuts into my fun money Smile....but i like it....def not as personal or drawn out Smile

doh
2007.Jul.14, 11:49 AM

Just a note on the summaries. If your gang doesn't participate in a war with a gang (by attacking for instance), then the summary will state it is unavailable to you since you weren't involved with the war.

So if you see a war that you lost and click on the summary and it says "You cannot view war results of wars your gang did not participate in!" it means no one in your gang did anything for that war.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jul.14, 12:14 PM

I noticed early it was mentioned that you dont like to take away from the game. I see this as a huge gash being taken out of my fun. Cant we just keep them both, add on instead of subtracting. I know alot of my fellow gang members have recently talked about quiting. It just makes sense to keep both techniques...
2007.Jul.14, 12:51 PM

FarToNear Wrote:I noticed early it was mentioned that you dont like to take away from the game. I see this as a huge gash being taken out of my fun. Cant we just keep them both, add on instead of subtracting. I know alot of my fellow gang members have recently talked about quiting. It just makes sense to keep both techniques...

Chances are gang penalties for losing a war will happen. But the old system is no more and I won't be doing any knee-jerk reactions to the new code. As time goes on and the new gang code is used, we will understand more what needs changing and what additions to it will be appropriate.

There will be plenty of additions to the new gang war code, and many of them will merely be new ways to use gangs. Penalties to losing wars most likely will prevent these new gang options from being usable for a time instead of subtracting gang points.

So you might not like it now, but the possibilities the new code has opened up will be far-reaching. Then again, you may never like the changes and move on. I can't make everyone happy.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin