Poll: Should there be a Retirement District
Yes
No
Don\'t Care
[Show Results]

Retirement District
2007.Jul.01, 01:18 PM

i agree with Druchii. All people who are in retirement district asked personally Zenith to be moved there so obviosly they didnt want to be train bags for other players. I think we should respect their decision.
2007.Jul.01, 02:33 PM

Druchii Wrote:There is a big difference in going inactive and making a choice to quit playing

So you're saying those that went inactive woke up one day and forgot their password or sth... Or maybe they forgot AL's website! lol

I don't think so - they made a conciencious decision to quit playing and they did - they didn't care what happens to their accounts anymore, they acctually moved on, which is obviously something someone here needs to do.
It's still fair play if everyone can do it - it's only a "gap opener" if only certain players can do it, and others can not. So NO to retirement, and NO to self-confusion.

Druchii ask yourself - do you really want to stop with AL?
If yes, then why would you want to stay in the forums?
I'm sorry if you think I'm rude - that is not my intention by all means...

I'm just bedazzled by your persistance to stay in that bubble of yours you call Ret.District :?
2007.Jul.01, 03:39 PM

Booooooo. If you dont want to play anymore thats fine. You shouldn't care what the rest of us do. If everyone that quit "Retired" there'd be noone left to attack. Imagine what it would be like at certain times of the day with the highest activity. Everyone would be fighting over that handful of offline players to attack and you'd always log in in the hospital.
2007.Jul.01, 09:24 PM

Why do I stay in forum?

Well, obviously cause I like it here, isnt that obvious? I quit the game, but here I am. I've been moderating forums before, but this forum is one of the easiest and funnest to moderate. The amount of cursing and foul play is so low you understand at once that its mainly adults playing the game,

That being said. I've stated my piece of mind, and I cant repeat it to the ends of the earth.

Just think it over, if you quit later cause you really dont like whats happening, or you getting bullied until its no longer fun playing. What would you like to do with youre account? Leave it there to be attacked by the people who made you quit, or make a final break?

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Jul.01, 11:05 PM

Dru is only defending himself because he is the only one in retirement that still logs into the forums.

In no way, shape or form was this thread targeted at any one particular person.

Each person is entitled to their own opinions. The only reason why I am posting this is to make sure, before it goes too far, to please refrain from personal attacks.

I disagree with some, from both sides of the standpoint, but am not here to criticize anyone. Everyone has a reason for the actions/opinions that they take, just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they are wrong.

again, just wanted to post this before things started to get out of hand.

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2007.Jul.02, 08:17 AM

This makes no sense unless you plan on playing again someday. If you quit, you quit and your character really isn't you anymore. Why care what happens in the game anyway if you're not involved?
2007.Jul.02, 10:34 AM

What happens in the game can be against your wishes. You might not want people to gain xp from attacking you when you have quit playing, or you might not care. Zenith doesnt move those that doesnt care. She moves those who do.

Well I'll take the climb down from the soapbox, but yeah Eagle, you hit the nail on the head, most people who feel the way I do are already in the retirement district or have already retired and doesnt visit forum anymore.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Jul.02, 01:55 PM

But, lets explore this further.....you don't want people to gain exp from you.....why....that is how people advance in the game. So you dont want other s to advance, yet you don't want to play. I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. Either you want to play or you dont, imo. If you don't, your character needs to be left out there for others to hit....btw...dont tell us that you gained all you exp from players that were active. I know that I could not have, and would not have climbed to my level by hitting active players alone. At level 23 and above, it is very difficult to find good targets, and having some of those rare gems being removed purely for personal satisfaction or saving face is ridiculous.

We all play the game to have fun, but if you arent playing, why should you have a say so what happens to your character. If its purely to save money that you would be earning...then we are getting somewhere.

Being attacked is part of the game, why should retired members be exempted from it?

You say you want to play someday....well then join us and be attacked like we all are.

Once you hit these higher levels, you know as well as I that attacking lower levels is considered bullying and hitting the same few over and over again becomes very difficult cause the other guys are doing the same thing.

Notice how many people hit matts, george, and mort.....i gained lots of exp on matts as im sure you did.

I personally think the more players out there to hit, the better the game is.......without targets...the game becomes stale, repetitive and uninteresting to most. My hats off to zen for keeping the competitions, districts, weapons, and armor out there and changing...so that doesnt get "old"

my 3 Smile

doh
2007.Jul.02, 04:30 PM

I'm also against the ret. destrict.

I understand the not giving an advantage to the top players but in your case, for example, no top players will take advantage of you for a max of xp. hope this won't sound rude but you're not worth 300 xp to any1 above lvl 28, maybe not to lower ones too.

What if it's a lvl 10 retiring? It would become a target for a bunch of players but only like lvl 9-12 or so. No matter who retires, he/she will always become a target for a limited number of players. That cannot be used as a valid reason IMO.

I do agree with the delete account button though but have a confirmation time (48 or 72 hours where the account is locked), so no1 deletes his on an angry move and regrets it the next day when he wokes up and realize he has nothing fun to do no more. Most games have it and if you really really want to quit and you're sure you will never come back for any reason, then be my guess and delete your account. If it's not there for me to see, it doesn't bother me and it doesn't affect any stats or aspect of the game.

There's a lot of good and bad for both side in this thread like Chief said but I just don't understand why retired players are protected from being attacked or mugged. We argued long enough in the past about mugging and every1 has to understand it's part of the game. It was made an option to be used, let's use it on any1 we can, active or not, period

This is also the first time I see this kind of protection/safe place for retiring players and I've played dozens of online games, with 100 as much as with 100k players. Inactive account could be deleted after x period (6 months in my mind looks good) of time though, to clear up a bit, just add a note about it when registering so no1 complains why they lost their account if they come back after a year. Maybe even make it to delete fed jailed after 30 days or something.
2007.Jul.02, 04:44 PM

How about instead of a deleting button, a RESTART button? If you where allowed to restart, something in the lines of attacking level Cap for certain districts (has been discussed in other threads) would have to take affect though cause if you restart because of how people around your level are acting, you would just become a permanate resident in AL Memorial Hospital! Smile

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin