Poll: Should there be a Retirement District
Yes
No
Don\'t Care
[Show Results]

Retirement District
2007.Jul.05, 10:26 PM

For me the choice is simple.
The retirement zone allows me to return and continue from were i stopped.

I am selfish pure and simple, I consider my character a part of myself as I have put a lot of time,effort and cash into it.
I dont want to be a punching bag,step ladder or exp bag for others.

Its really that simple. if the retirement district is no longer an alternative.then iI request for an option to delete my character.

If at some time I do decide to come back then Ill start all over if I have to.

I do sign on and read the forums see whats going on.look in the path to see who has passed me in stats but thats alll I can do.hard to break the habit ,

I think it should be up to the individual what he wants done with his character.
well ive said enough

hello to all my friends and enemies.
2007.Jul.06, 03:46 PM

even though I'm against the idea of a retirement district, i can understand how someone would be selfish and want to go there, if they're going to be *away* from the game for an extended period..

however, i can't understand why someone would want to be able to delete your account.. it's simple. it's called *don't come to awakenedlands.com* -- problem solved. if you want to quit the game for GOOD, who CARES if you're used for an EXP punching bag? why would you care at ALL? unless you plan on coming back?
2007.Jul.06, 04:07 PM
Re: Retirement District
Eaglefreak Wrote:So what does everyone think of the retirement district? In there a player can not do ANYTHING but read mail and travel out. Quite a few players have asked Zenith to put them their so they wouldn't be attacked. IMO I think that is a copout and their should not be any retirement district.
everyone's thoughts?

I agree with you 100%, Chief. Moving to the retirement district is like taking the ball and going home when things don't go the way you think they should. It's almost as bad as sticking around and crying! Biggrin
2007.Jul.06, 05:50 PM

There's no such thing as retirement. Bring all the retired people back so we can get experience off them. If they are offline for more than a year delete their account and send them to the cemetery district.
2007.Jul.06, 11:41 PM

thawdgharp Wrote:even though I'm against the idea of a retirement district, i can understand how someone would be selfish and want to go there, if they're going to be *away* from the game for an extended period..

however, i can't understand why someone would want to be able to delete your account.. it's simple. it's called *don't come to awakenedlands.com* -- problem solved. if you want to quit the game for GOOD, who CARES if you're used for an EXP punching bag? why would you care at ALL? unless you plan on coming back?

Because we care, we have money and time, alot of time invested in our accounts. Might not care to play, but we care about the account.

You can't remove the inactives from the retirement district for the same reason that you wont remove the custom weapons from the inactives that won it in the competition during christmas. They just joined and played one day, why should they get it? They will never log on again, why would they care if a make believe weapon is removed from their account?

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2007.Jul.07, 12:05 AM

Quote:You can't remove the inactives from the retirement district for the same reason that you wont remove the custom weapons from the inactives that won it in the competition during christmas.
Since you dont play you shoudnt mind if we auction your house and credits to lol
2007.Jul.07, 03:18 AM

Do away with the retirement district.

It would be beneficial to the overall game dynamics to have more targets to hit.

it's that simple. Smile

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2007.Jul.07, 07:40 AM

What I'm seeing is that retired people may want to come back and not be too far behind. They dont want others using their inactivity as a means to get farther ahead of them. I think this is total drek (yes, I actually typed in the word drek that time.) If you retire for 6 months you should start out 6 months behind everyone else, not 5 months behind because you were taken out as a target. We've seen through Pullo, and recently Evilscotsman that players can come in late in the game and through enough hard work catch the players with a lot more days invested.
I think the best thing to do would be to only let players that have NEVER attacked an inactive player be allowed in the retirement district. This would eliminate everyone currently in the retirement district. I think its complete hypocrisy for players that have farmed respect off other inactives to not want the same thing done to themselves.
2007.Jul.07, 07:55 AM

I also cherish my acount because of the work time and money put in, so I think their should be a retirement district for those who WANT to be in there, and people that don't care, they have the choice to hang around as a lil hookers for on-comers. Just my oppinion. Razz
2007.Jul.07, 09:28 AM

You cannot retire for 6 months, you can only be away or on vacation. Retirement is a lifetime thing.

So let's start to use the real words. Those who retired shouldn't care, have to worry or even have a word to say to what happens to their accounts, because they retired and will never play again. Did Wayne Gretzky call the Kings after his retirement to tell them how to run things? No, he bought another team instead. *hint hint* lol

For those on a break, I don't even understand why they are in the retirement district, since they're not retired... :wink: