Poll: Should there be a Retirement District
Yes
No
Don\'t Care
[Show Results]

Retirement District
2007.Jun.30, 08:41 PM

I voted no as well. Doesn't make sense to me. Either ur playing or ur not. This is a game involving gangs and wars... and now u don't wanna play so u find somewhere to hide? Thats pathetic.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2007.Jun.30, 10:12 PM

It's better attacking inactive players because you don't have any drama brought on along with it, unless they return.
2007.Jun.30, 10:13 PM

I would really like to see a red light district added. A place kinda like oaksterdam.
2007.Jun.30, 10:24 PM

having a retirement district is stupid. why should people who aren't actively playing be protected in any form whatsoever?
2007.Jun.30, 10:47 PM

How about a retirement district with a minimum stay time.. at least one or two weeks?
2007.Jun.30, 10:53 PM

2 weeks isn't very long at all. if you choose to retire and hide you should never be able to take it out of hiding.
2007.Jun.30, 11:28 PM

Well the original intent was for players who were completely done with the game and were in good standing. But some players (no names mentioned here) decided to use it as a safe haven. The retirement district pretty much restricts everything, you can't train or do any crimes. You can't buy or sell items.

The Chief asked me what the purpose was today via mail, and wanted to know if I would ever think about eliminating it from the game. I asked him to post this topic, since I wanted to know what everyone else was thinking about it. I sort of knew the higher-level players without numerous combat targets would agree it probably should be removed.

Yes I am thinking of removing it because it's usefulness has seemed to diminish. That doesn't mean my mind has been made up already though. So discuss the pros and cons of it Smile

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.30, 11:32 PM

I could probably say YES, but sugggest a limited use of the district - like once or twice (tops) per account. So i.e. if a player that is lvl 30 wants to go explore self and not have anything to do with technology Razz he can choose to retire - but then if he decides to come back from "the dead" that should be his last time...
But only for lvl 26 and above.

well?!?
2007.Jun.30, 11:38 PM

Dormagonn Wrote:I could probably say YES, but sugggest a limited use of the district - like once or twice (tops) per account. So i.e. if a player that is lvl 30 wants to go explore self and not have anything to do with technology Razz he can choose to retire - but then if he decides to come back from "the dead" that should be his last time...
But only for lvl 26 and above.

well?!?

No one who has been placed in the retirement district has been in there more than 1 time.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2007.Jun.30, 11:40 PM

I feel that instead of having a retirement district, if someone is worried about being mugged or losing experience, Zenith could put a "lock" or freeze on their money and exp.

During the "retirement" of such person, their event log would not record the attacks. Also instead of having online, offline or inactive.........have retired.

If someone is just wanting to "observe" being in the hospital would be almost equivalent to being in the current retirement district.

Just my thoughts.

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin