Players Rebirth Revisited
2010.Apr.14, 04:28 PM
RE: Players Rebirth Revisited
(2010.Apr.14 04:15 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  
(2010.Apr.14 04:08 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  I also wonder about career ranks, some people put a lot of timing getting fairly high so it would pay off in the future, but if there was rebirthing there would be a serious waste in dev points to just give it up

i read it as if the "rebirthing credits" could be distributed to enhance your character in those ways.

you'd have to give me quite a bit of credit for what i put into getting to rank 10 in my career, and i mean there are people at or near 20... thats a shit load of dev points to give up to only get a few ranks..

if i did the math right to get to rank 10 construction

22500 x 4(the highest conversion rate available) = 90k dev points

the equivalent of going from rank 1 strength to rank 37+

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Apr.14, 04:29 PM
From what Zen said, all the BS about losing this and losing that killed this idea last time it was bought up. I don't see what the problem is with giving those things up. If you chose to start again then losing skills and career rank is part of it. If you can't handle losing them, don't rebirth. The package Zen has offered is ok IMO.

bite my shiny metal ass

2010.Apr.14, 04:44 PM
yea, i don't think the idea here is to really give anyone a crazy advantage or even persuade people to do it. just gives the option for those that may want to.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2010.Apr.14, 04:45 PM
(2010.Apr.14 04:29 PM)TheHorse Wrote:  From what Zen said, all the BS about losing this and losing that killed this idea last time it was bought up. I don't see what the problem is with giving those things up. If you chose to start again then losing skills and career rank is part of it. If you can't handle losing them, don't rebirth. The package Zen has offered is ok IMO.

Seriously. If someone wants to start over it's their chose. Hell personally I would love to have the opinion to restart and just restart. I wouldn't need all those extras just a fresh start but, it would be nice to get a bonus for my previous hard work. But like I said they're not necessary.
2010.Apr.14, 04:51 PM
I don't hate the idea, i think it sounds cool, but maybe just not something i would be comfortable doing just yet..

I just think if it ever comes into play everything needs to be clearly stated as to what you gain and what you lose so no one can complain afterwards.

It would also be nice if there was like a week trial period or something so you can revert back to your old self if you feel you've made a really bad decision. this option would be only available once, and after you revert back you can no longer rebirth again. maybe make it cost something significant as well so absolutely everybody doesnt just give it a try..

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2010.Apr.14, 04:56 PM
i like the idea. my only problem would be my investment of real $ into my endo. my investment to donator days doesn't matter much to me, but some people it might. i'd consider it at a later point for myself though. still got a long way to go to be a high ranked player

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2010.Apr.14, 05:33 PM
just launch awakenedlands 2.0. that way ppl can start again and keep their current character. a new game where newer ppl can feel they have a chance to get in at the beggining. Smile

give her the bowling ball grip, two in the pink and one in the stink.

all cats are grey in the dark.
2010.Apr.14, 05:45 PM
For the here and now I'd like to see some new content made available.

I like this idea and would like to see something like this introduced down the road but bottom line is it's just a different way to do the same thing.
2010.Apr.14, 06:30 PM
wuld u be able to have the same name as ur old account ? or wuld u need a new one ?
2010.Apr.14, 06:31 PM
(2010.Apr.14 04:56 PM)johnsonhalo76 Wrote:  i like the idea. my only problem would be my investment of real $ into my endo. my investment to donator days doesn't matter much to me, but some people it might. i'd consider it at a later point for myself though. still got a long way to go to be a high ranked player

+1