AwakenedLands Forums

Full Version: Term limits for mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Scorpious Wrote:Still not happy I need to login to see OTW. Should have stayed the old way IMO.

Search engine issue, nothing more.
Time limits for admins?

Discuss!
Dingus Wrote:Time limits for admins?

Discuss!

Of course! Say every 150 years switch them out.
I do make blunders myself, but I also do my best to realize when I have messed up and then work on not repeating them.

We always have the eye on us if we are being biased, and because of that we have to work on disproving that all the time.

Out of the mods I think I am the one that lets the most slide, because it promotes tension, and lets people express themselves more freely. The product of this is a forum which more people feels free to post what they want. It makes for a more active forum.

I have both been a moderator and a participants in forums where adults had to talk like children, because "we wouldn't want to give the young'ins who played a wrong outlook on life".

There will always be complaints on either me or the other moderators, and I do hope that people will take it up with me on msn or in game mail. If you do, do so in a respectful manner where you explain your case.

And about the threads you have been talking about, I believe that the OP (original poster) can decide a lot in his thread. And if he feels the topic is being diverted to be about something else he can approach a forum moderator to help him bring back the topic on track, but again do so in a non-demanding and respectful manner, and always thank for the help after it is done. It doesn't cost much to be polite and the result is always better. The only problem I see with OP's wanting to control his thread is when he wants to make a one sided discussion, which also should be avoided.

I have been here on and off for 2 years now as a moderator, and I have seen what the forum was in the beginning. The activity has picked up quite a lot and it has been for the better, since I believe that the forum is 50% of the game, since it is here people come to play out their character.

And from my experience changes comes easier when you suggest changes to the admins that might be for the better of the game and or forum, instead of publicly fighting the system and putting everyone on the defenses.

shadowinc

well dru i can speak from exp about you , you have helped me in the past with some of my threads with players going way off topic, and you took thier post out at my request
Dru,
Your writings are to long and will not be read by many!

Thanks!

Dingus Razz
Dingus Wrote:Dru,

Thanks!

Dingus Razz

Unfortunately I don't have your handicap and use 3 hours to compose a 14 word post. Otherwise I might have been forced to short it down.

ShadowKid

Druchii Wrote:
Dingus Wrote:Dru,

Thanks!

Dingus Razz

Unfortunately I don't have your handicap and use 3 hours to compose a 14 word post. Otherwise I might have been forced to short it down.

Dru there was no need for that really some people do have a handicap at reading so please do keep that in minds thanks.

SK.

shadowinc

i agree with sk on that one dru, some people have handicaps(not saying dingus does)but others do, so be nice

Marlo

People with handicap's shouldn't throw crutches.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's