Term limits for mods
2009.Jan.03, 10:18 PM
Term limits for mods
I think after a certain time like a year perhaps there should be new mods added and older mods removed as I and I bet others think they can no longer fairly mod the forums here. We all like our newer mods Weebay and Jolabent and at some point before or just when they started AL liked the other mods but I think after a year there either needs to be new mods in place of them or if they think they are still doing a good job they can petition AL to keep their job whereas like in congress they will need a 2/3 majority approval to keep it or Hasta La Vista.

Otherwise the impression of a tyrannical dictatorship starts to take effect.

Let's have somebody create a poll for the old mods to see if they are still wanted and see if they get a 2/3 vote of approval. Otherwise out after a year.
2009.Jan.03, 10:27 PM

sounds like a good idea,political vote i am up for it Biggrin
2009.Jan.03, 10:31 PM

I like it, but Jola is never on the forums, so in my opinion she's not a good mod, if she were more active on the forums then I'm sure she would be a better mod.
2009.Jan.03, 10:33 PM

sounds good to me....
BUT ages 18+ though right?
Make it legal hahaha
2009.Jan.03, 10:36 PM

How do we know she is not on the forums? Just because she is not on at the exact time something gets posted does not mean she doesn't frequent the forums, right? But, when you see two other mods posting away at something how can a new mod tell them otherwise? You can't stop the president from doing something you do not like. You have to vote him and possibly some day soon her out of office.
2009.Jan.03, 10:37 PM

BSOXXX Wrote:sounds good to me....
BUT ages 18+ though right?
Make it legal hahaha

Anybody and everybody who has access to the forums here.
2009.Jan.03, 10:38 PM

You should make a poll about this. If the majority say yes, then make one for all of the older mods. Even if Zen doesn't do anything it will let them know they are doing a poor job.
2009.Jan.03, 10:45 PM

They already know. It has even been stated in the past but Zenith had a comment for that.
2009.Jan.03, 10:48 PM

< General Discussion ~ We need new mods
PhisheVA Posted: 06 Aug 2008 17:03

-X- Phisheva

Userid: 3874

Level: 37

X Pats
I realize that the mods are an all volunteer staff and sometimes have a hard job. With that said, the curent crop of mods pretty much blows.

I really think its time for a fresh perspective in the forums.
2009.Jan.03, 10:57 PM

Do you guys have any specific issues with the mod process?

What is being over-modded? Or even under-modded?

I have only seen one issue in the forums and that's all that has been modded in the past few months on my end.

IMO the community is doing a fantastic job at self-moderation with the exception of the obvious few.

You guys/gals have made the job pretty darn easy as of late.

So if you have issues, please let us know, try to give us as much detail as possible.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.