Term limits for mods
2009.Jan.03, 11:28 PM

chance Wrote:General rule of thumb for me is if a post makes me wince, it probably needs and edit. There is not a specific outline of what Mods can or can't do. It is more common sense than anything else. I tend to like the drama more than most so if I lock a thread there is usually a good reason. I usually contact the person who started the thread before I do it unless it is really out of hand. So to answer your question Phis, I shoot from the hip and wing it. I skipped the Mod101 class.

So, in other words if it is something he may be able to poke fun at it is OK. However, others' humor is wrong?

I give you three older mods kudos for not flaming on the war threads but I think you three are past your time or at least two of the three that can post comments on things, edit "some" posts but allow others to continue.
2009.Jan.03, 11:30 PM

if the community is doing a great job of self modding,,,why do we need mods at all?
2009.Jan.03, 11:30 PM

sure is funny you all take my photo out of mocks thread , but you will not remove traids links, as for as mailing in game i feel it should be seen by all of al what is going on
2009.Jan.03, 11:31 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:Off the Wall allows more freedom when discussing topics.

If you see someone off topic, notify a moderator.

We would love to make everyone feel absolutely equal, as it should be.

Thanks for the information.

EDIT:

After looking at the thread, it looks fine to me. It's a topic about the reading the bible, which is about religion.

People have the right to represent the opposing view of the religion.

Now, had we modded that, we would be accused of oppressing anti-bible reading members of the community. Smile

And again, it's in OTW. Things get a little crazy in off the wall sometimes. Smile

But there still seems to be homo pictures in this general discussion section of which two mods posted them yet others have been modded. Should not equal treatment go for all.
2009.Jan.03, 11:35 PM

Yeah, I can see that. All mods are different and react to different situations differently.

We have our marching orders, and as I said before.. When the community is peaceful and courteous to each other, there is no need to mod. People posting just to post or posting up random pictures in almost every new thread grabs attention more than words.

I generally do not have issues with off topic topics UNLESS the original creator contacts me in some way, or complains about the off topic replies in the thread. That will get a thread edited, or moved back on track.

Generally, if a topic is so long gone and only causing more issues than it's worth, it is locked. If there are MANY personal attacks, or the topic is just completely off the hinges, it is recycled. "Moved" to a mod/admin area.

If you feel some are being shown favoritism, PLEASE mail us and let us know.

If you feel a topic was closed wrongly, or wanna know why something was edited, mail us!

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2009.Jan.03, 11:36 PM

redz28 Wrote:if the community is doing a great job of self modding,,,why do we need mods at all?

Exactly. Why do we need mods who pick and choose and not go across board on all.

shadowinc Wrote:sure is funny you all take my photo out of mocks thread , but you will not remove traids links, as for as mailing in game i feel it should be seen by all of al what is going on

Looks to be mod abuse again. Looks like a typical "This person is criticizing me so I will mod him to death" situation here. Another example of mod abuse.

Can somebody please link the mod abuse thread so comments can be added on? Otherwise I will find it and post on it again.

Also, in game mail and not on the forum for all to see? WOW.
2009.Jan.03, 11:38 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:Yeah, I can see that. All mods are different and react to different situations differently.

We have our marching orders, and as I said before.. When the community is peaceful and courteous to each other, there is no need to mod. People posting just to post or posting up random pictures in almost every new thread grabs attention more than words.

I generally do not have issues with off topic topics UNLESS the original creator contacts me in some way, or complains about the off topic replies in the thread. That will get a thread edited, or moved back on track.

Generally, if a topic is so long gone and only causing more issues than it's worth, it is locked. If there are MANY personal attacks, or the topic is just completely off the hinges, it is recycled. "Moved" to a mod/admin area.

If you feel some are being shown favoritism, PLEASE mail us and let us know.

If you feel a topic was closed wrongly, or wanna know why something was edited, mail us!

Thanks for that info there. Appreciate it. I can now go through all my threads I may have created and let you know the replies that can be modded then.
2009.Jan.03, 11:41 PM

Scorpious Wrote:But there still seems to be homo pictures in this general discussion section of which two mods posted them yet others have been modded. Should not equal treatment go for all.

Okay.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...c&start=60

#1, original author of topic never requested the convo be put on track.
#2, I see a pic from you AND SG right along those of Chances...

I am not seeing the issue.

Nor, until now, have I received one complaint about the topic, or it's replies.

2009.Jan.03, 11:43 PM

being a mod sucks....have fun guys and girls

doh
2009.Jan.03, 11:46 PM

Scorpious Wrote:
redz28 Wrote:if the community is doing a great job of self modding,,,why do we need mods at all?

Exactly. Why do we need mods who pick and choose and not go across board on all.

The only issue in the past couple of months that I have seen other than small issues, is the posting of pics everywhere. I have received complaints from community members, and other mods.
And again, when peaceful little to no modding is done, when things get out of control more modding is done.

shadowinc Wrote:sure is funny you all take my photo out of mocks thread , but you will not remove traids links, as for as mailing in game i feel it should be seen by all of al what is going on

Triads link IMO is on topic, and is in OTW.

Looks to be mod abuse again. Looks like a typical "This person is criticizing me so I will mod him to death" situation here. Another example of mod abuse.

No, modding and editing were before this discussion ever started.

Can somebody please link the mod abuse thread so comments can be added on? Otherwise I will find it and post on it again.

I have posted the link.

Also, in game mail and not on the forum for all to see? WOW.

In game mail for after this discussion, by all means we can talk this thing to death. Public discussions are great, and healthy. Clears the air. ONE issue with posting in a thread about why something was edited knocks subjects even more off topic.

And you cannot post in a locked topic.

So by all means if you see favoritism, mail a mod or admin.