New Mobile Menu
2009.Nov.21, 02:55 PM
RE: New Mobile Menu
(2009.Nov.19 09:53 AM)Gornikel Wrote:  On my Blackberry (old one) it is worst than before now, all stuck together.

Kinda confused by that statement.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Nov.21, 03:20 PM
(2009.Nov.21 02:55 PM)zenith Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.19 09:53 AM)Gornikel Wrote:  On my Blackberry (old one) it is worst than before now, all stuck together.

They are confused by the english language

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2009.Nov.21, 03:23 PM
(2009.Nov.18 12:00 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  Palm can lick balls.

rosie palmer?

let's play Auction Tycoon 3: Diablo Edition
(._.) ~ ︵ ┻━┻
2009.Nov.21, 04:58 PM
(2009.Nov.18 01:08 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  this one column thing sux.

kick the real world in the sac
2009.Nov.21, 05:33 PM
I don't hate the new layout, but I did prefer the old two column style. I have a touch screen phone and it worked great for me the old way. Is there a way to set it up so that we have a choice with the display we want?

That's what she said
2009.Nov.21, 07:19 PM
(2009.Nov.18 03:47 PM)snorkelbill Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.18 02:48 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  ... but all the rest is impossible for any other phone

I beg to differ rj. I have a G1 and can do everything you listed fine. Including multiple browser windows, as many email account as I want, etc. I've got a QWERTY keyboard too.

The layout they're describing, that you don't see is the "mobile" layout. You're seeing the full layout because your browser is not being detected by the server as a mobile browser.

With my phone, I have the option of enabling or disabling the mobile view. I originally hated the mobile view becuase I was so used to my phone looking and working just like my laptop.

I've grown to like it because it is a lot quicker, even on a 3G network.

That all being said, I don't like the new layout (1 column) much. I can live with it fine, but it seemed tidier without having to scroll.

What is a G1?? As far as I knew only a pre could open multiple apps and have them functioning in the back ground... I think a driod may be able to but haven't taken the time to make sure... but the driod looks wicked cool anyway.... so who makes the G1? if it has a qwerty and can play texas hold 'em with live players and 3 web games at the same time I might wanna switch!

sounds interesting...
Ah yes... the G1 is the driod.... looks pretty kool 2 me... It got some pretty crappy reviews though... but yes it can do what the pre can, we are no longer alone LOL...

all multi media phone will eventually be this way and i love it... I think I will stick with the pre for a bit though.

has the layout changed with the droid? I wanna get my hands on one and check it out for myself Smile
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.21 07:25 PM by randomjacker.
2009.Nov.21, 07:37 PM
Actually the G1 runs Android, same as the Droid, but it's a different phone. It's been out for a bit over a year now.

I don't know a lot about the Droid, but I'd assume it's probably got a faster cpu, more memory, etc.

The G1 has both a qwerty keyboard and a soft keyboard. The soft is great for sending a quick text when you either don't want to take the time to flip the keyboard out, or say if you're driving (not that I'd text while driving of course).

What Hold'em are you playing? I'll check and see if there's an app for it Smile
2009.Nov.21, 07:48 PM
The droid works great with the new layout. Andoid 2.0 is an awesome OS for a phone. Yea it can run multiple Aps in the background also.

You hit for 1123 points of damage. XXXXXXXXXX resists 18 for a total of 1105 damage.
2009.Nov.21, 11:29 PM
(2009.Nov.21 03:20 PM)g2o2d4wp Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.21 02:55 PM)zenith Wrote:  

They are confused by the english language

They confuse themselves. When did you sober up that much?

What I meant Zen was that, on my Blackberry (wich is one of the oldest models still on the market), the way the page settings show on my browser is actually worst than it was just before that last layout update.

The categories and section links are all one after the other, with no spaces, wich makes clickwheel browsing much more of a challenge if you want to maximize your AL routine time and efficiency. Visually, it ain't as clear as the others.

Also, for mobile view, a good option if you want to keep your links small and all together on a smaller page, color codes might help for better user browsing experience.
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.21 11:32 PM by JakeBlues.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Nov.22, 09:28 PM
I have used the new menu a couple times, I liked it. Wasnt a hassle at all.