New Mobile Menu
2009.Nov.18, 12:14 PM
RE: New Mobile Menu
(2009.Nov.18 11:36 AM)randomjacker Wrote:  yall need to switch to the palm pre.... mine is the same layout as on my laptop and is simple to use...

gotta love the dual touch for zoooming...

Everything was great on the Blackberry Tour (no need to even Zoom in order to click) until the change.

If it has to stay as 1 column, I vote for reordered menu items, with more common ones at the top as someone mentioned earlier.
2009.Nov.18, 01:07 PM
(2009.Nov.18 12:00 PM)bconrad56 Wrote:  Palm can lick balls.

Then you get to work for what you get missy... I can play AL, listen to streaming tunes, play holdem with 6 others online (getting tones when my hand is in play), have msn chat going, my 3 email accounts open and get notifications when anything comes in, and if I have time surf the web in another browser all at the same time....

so you can have yur wussie phone, and I will enjoy juggling my apps and love being occupied Smile

oh and AL looks the same as my PC, and I do not have to scroll to see what should be beside what I want.......

oops... and a qwerty keyboard...
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.18 01:08 PM by randomjacker.
2009.Nov.18, 01:08 PM
this one column thing sux.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Nov.18, 01:09 PM
(2009.Nov.18 01:08 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  this one column thing sux.

what one column thing?
(2009.Nov.18 12:14 PM)mblume Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.18 11:36 AM)randomjacker Wrote:  yall need to switch to the palm pre.... mine is the same layout as on my laptop and is simple to use...

gotta love the dual touch for zoooming...

Everything was great on the Blackberry Tour (no need to even Zoom in order to click) until the change.

If it has to stay as 1 column, I vote for reordered menu items, with more common ones at the top as someone mentioned earlier.

The zoom is used to make selections easier, and because I can...

I would think the iphone would be the same... except AL would be the only thing open...
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.18 01:12 PM by randomjacker.
2009.Nov.18, 02:31 PM
(2009.Nov.18 01:07 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  Then you get to work for what you get missy... I can play AL, listen to streaming tunes, play holdem with 6 others online (getting tones when my hand is in play), have msn chat going, my 3 email accounts open and get notifications when anything comes in, and if I have time surf the web in another browser all at the same time....

My Bberry can do ALL the same, but all my e-mail, texts, etc hit the same inbox, so no need to "open" all my email accounts.

The dual column view was much better and easier to navigate. With the "menu" and "Stats" link at the top of the mobile view, there is no need for the "Home" link really. Most commonly used functions are Mail, Gang, Explore, Crimes, Hosp, Jail, Career, and a few of the donator buttons. The rest can be way at the bottom if I need them, which isnt often, I'll scoll to them.
2009.Nov.18, 02:48 PM
(2009.Nov.18 02:31 PM)mblume Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.18 01:07 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  Then you get to work for what you get missy... I can play AL, listen to streaming tunes, play holdem with 6 others online (getting tones when my hand is in play), have msn chat going, my 3 email accounts open and get notifications when anything comes in, and if I have time surf the web in another browser all at the same time....

My Bberry can do ALL the same, but all my e-mail, texts, etc hit the same inbox, so no need to "open" all my email accounts.

The dual column view was much better and easier to navigate. With the "menu" and "Stats" link at the top of the mobile view, there is no need for the "Home" link really. Most commonly used functions are Mail, Gang, Explore, Crimes, Hosp, Jail, Career, and a few of the donator buttons. The rest can be way at the bottom if I need them, which isnt often, I'll scoll to them.

It can not do the same.... your BB can't open 5 browsers and 4 apps at the same time all the while moving seemlessly through them. soon it will be that all top phones can, but not yet.... especially a BB.... iphone wanted too with the last release but the phone died within an a couple hours...

I can open 6 email accounts with one app... but all the rest is impossible for any other phone
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.18 02:49 PM by randomjacker.
2009.Nov.18, 03:09 PM
(2009.Nov.18 02:48 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  It can not do the same.... your BB can't open 5 browsers and 4 apps at the same time all the while moving seemlessly through them. soon it will be that all top phones can, but not yet.... especially a BB.... iphone wanted too with the last release but the phone died within an a couple hours...

I can open 6 email accounts with one app... but all the rest is impossible for any other phone

Why would I need to simultaneously open 5 browser windows? I don't need to "open" email accounts. My emails hit my singular inbox automatically. Anyways, not a phone pissing contest...
2009.Nov.18, 03:47 PM
(2009.Nov.18 02:48 PM)randomjacker Wrote:  ... but all the rest is impossible for any other phone

I beg to differ rj. I have a G1 and can do everything you listed fine. Including multiple browser windows, as many email account as I want, etc. I've got a QWERTY keyboard too.

The layout they're describing, that you don't see is the "mobile" layout. You're seeing the full layout because your browser is not being detected by the server as a mobile browser.

With my phone, I have the option of enabling or disabling the mobile view. I originally hated the mobile view becuase I was so used to my phone looking and working just like my laptop.

I've grown to like it because it is a lot quicker, even on a 3G network.

That all being said, I don't like the new layout (1 column) much. I can live with it fine, but it seemed tidier without having to scroll.
2009.Nov.18, 08:25 PM
i have a touch screen phone so im pretty much in different it works about the same with one column or two. however i had a touch pro and it fucked up really bad and sprint replavced it with a touch pro 2. i have never wanted to beat the shit out of an entire company so bad in my entire life def would not reccomend this phone period. if anyone had looked at it
2009.Nov.19, 09:53 AM
On my Blackberry (old one) it is worst than before now, all stuck together.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.