New Mobile Menu
2009.Nov.17, 10:04 PM
RE: New Mobile Menu
I have a touch screen phone. Just more scrolling for me.

I liked the other one better - but this one isn't going to ruin my day.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Nov.17, 10:32 PM
(2009.Nov.17 10:04 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  I have a touch screen phone. Just more scrolling for me.

I liked the other one better - but this one isn't going to ruin my day.

Kiss a$$

Wink
2009.Nov.17, 11:20 PM
(2009.Nov.17 09:21 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  it would be nice if zen got rid of the four paragraphs that you have to scroll through, before you can attack the hideout during wars on the phone - if thats possible.

i second this. its a pain to have to scroll that far on the phone.
2009.Nov.18, 12:18 AM
(2009.Nov.17 02:57 PM)zenith Wrote:  What phone do you use?

The change was because some phones just couldn't handle 2 columns of links, or would scroll back and forth between the two columns (which made scrolling take longer). For touch screen phones it now behaves similar to the forums where you just have to click the box rather than the actual word.

I use a G1.. The old setup was great, everything in 1 place, no scrolling, worked great with the touchscreen. New set up, not a fan.. lots of scrolling...

Granted, the only parts I really use that I need to scroll for are the donator section, but I did like it better before.

Maybe if we could re-organize the list for phones... put the links most used from the phones at the top. I'm sure the Gym, skills, career,jail,etc are most popular, but you could pull some stats on page requests from phone browsers to see what people use and organize it that way... Just an Idea
2009.Nov.18, 12:48 AM
I have a palm pre and it looks the same at first glance.... what area has been changed? or do the changes not apply to my phone?
2009.Nov.18, 03:05 AM
I use an iPod Touch most of the time and IMO the new menu is more difficult to use on this device. I have also used it on my phone and the new menu works better on my phone. It looks like it depends what device you are using. I (if possible in the future) like to see the menu appearance choice appear in your preferences.

Only my oppinion and the new menu is far from terrible on the iPod Touch just adds scrolling time.
2009.Nov.18, 03:21 AM
i use an ipod touch as well, the old menu and new menu are both fine for me, it may be a tiny but more difficult the new way but i dont mind spenind .5 seconds zooming in abit to click it easier. scrolling isnt a problem as i dont need to scroll..

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.
2009.Nov.18, 08:43 AM
I'm just using my laptop now. The new menu seem to work better with keypad phones though. I loged in from both my iphone and my nokia and if I'd have to use a phone again for AL I'd go for the Nokia with the current menu.

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Nov.18, 11:36 AM
yall need to switch to the palm pre.... mine is the same layout as on my laptop and is simple to use...

gotta love the dual touch for zoooming...
2009.Nov.18, 12:00 PM
Palm can lick balls.

That's what she said