Exp is fucked!
2009.Nov.05, 07:45 PM
RE: Exp is fucked!
(2009.Nov.05 07:41 PM)Punisher Wrote:  look at my post peeps....damage taken needs to be figured in exp...common...are you all blind

that's why i posted the fight with bigrod. i average 350+/- on kane who doesn't even hit me.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2009.Nov.05, 07:46 PM
sorry missed that one....i know its not just high levels....its the whole code....exp should be highest for the hardest fights....just makes sense

doh
2009.Nov.05, 07:47 PM
(2009.Nov.05 07:10 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.05 06:59 PM)Punisher Wrote:  nah man...its the simple fact that people that hurt you should give way more than those that dont scratch you...follow....i get hurt by 2 people in this game other than axel....and i get more exp consistently from weaklings .....needs a fix for sure

yeah, but i was still getting relatively the same or better experience off of sh*tty equipped inactives like slim and dekarr than active strong players.. for an extra 10-20 experience points im not going to pay to have my belt charged 3 times a day because im levelling....

the players right now like Jaysin or some of those lycan legion players have it right, level first, train later...its just easier that way...

I leveled from 27-31. There are PLENTY of active, tough players to PVP. Plenty of weak ones too. If you cant beat the strong ones maybe you shouldnt be leveling yet. Everyone seems to be in a hurry. I get owned by people my level and own people my level. Who is going about the game the right way?

As far as PC people leveling, it only really works if you are extremely active while leveling and hitting the gym later, and have a good chunk of change to throw towards end and housing. There are a good amount of 30+ players in game who are severely weak for their level, because they power leveled. They didnt do it the right way IMO.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Nov.05, 09:32 PM
(2009.Nov.05 07:47 PM)superdude Wrote:  There are PLENTY of active, tough players to PVP. Plenty of weak ones too. If you cant beat the strong ones maybe you shouldnt be leveling yet. Everyone seems to be in a hurry. I get owned by people my level and own people my level. Who is going about the game the right way?

As far as PC people leveling, it only really works if you are extremely active while leveling and hitting the gym later, and have a good chunk of change to throw towards end and housing. There are a good amount of 30+ players in game who are severely weak for their level, because they power leveled. They didnt do it the right way IMO.

Again, please, only post IF you know what you are talking about.

1-no there are not PLENTY of active, tough players within a wide range of my level for me to pvp

2-No, I am not in a hurry, I stated that twice. I am not looking to level. I just don't want to waste an attack when my happy isn't full on someone who isn't worth the exp!

3-only if I'm active?! yeh, ok, I'm not active enough here for it to "work" for me!

4-yes I've thrown a good "chunk of change" at end and housing

5-I didn't power level

6-In your opinion, you don't have the answer to my question, so thank you, not, for your post!
2009.Nov.05, 09:39 PM
(2009.Nov.05 09:32 PM)cheetah Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.05 07:47 PM)superdude Wrote:  There are PLENTY of active, tough players to PVP. Plenty of weak ones too. If you cant beat the strong ones maybe you shouldnt be leveling yet. Everyone seems to be in a hurry. I get owned by people my level and own people my level. Who is going about the game the right way?

Again, please, only post IF you know what you are talking about.

1-no there are not PLENTY of active, tough players within a wide range of my level for me to pvp

2-No, I am not in a hurry, I stated that twice. I am not looking to level. I just don't want to waste an attack when my happy isn't full on someone who isn't worth the exp!

3-only if I'm active?! yeh, ok, I'm not active enough here for it to "work" for me!

4-yes I've thrown a good "chunk of change" at end and housing

5-I didn't power level

6-In your opinion, you don't have the answer to my question, so thank you, not, for your post!

1- please only post if you see who I quoted. *hint, it wasnt you, even though its your thread. Wink
2- see #1
3- see #1
4- see #1
5- see #1
6- see #1
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.05 09:39 PM by Brugada.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Nov.05, 09:43 PM
Cheetah I think he was talking about players in the high 20's to mid 30 range.
2009.Nov.05, 09:43 PM
To be blunt, don't attack. If you think it's a waste to attack someone because of the experience, don't. If you put 2 and 2 together, though, attack the people that benefit you. Someone who beats you up who gives you less than someone that stands there and takes it? Well, I'd throw down on the weaker one with more experience to be gained.

In light of the situation, I know what you're talking about. I've never got decent experience off of anyone, though. Ranges should become involved putting together ratios of level, health depletion, length of the fight, so on so forth. Minimum amounts(Say for level 40) be 200-250 for minimal damage to yourself and kicking the teeth out of someone's head easily, to 450-500 for long, tedious fights with someone who matches you punch for punch. 300-350 for level 50+ as a minimum to 550-600 maximum sounds like a decent throw. So on and so forth.
2009.Nov.05, 09:50 PM
(2009.Nov.05 06:59 PM)Punisher Wrote:  nah man...its the simple fact that people that hurt you should give way more than those that dont scratch you...follow....i get hurt by 2 people in this game other than axel....and i get more exp consistently from weaklings .....needs a fix for sure

i agree with you and the thread in general. what i fear.....is Zen dropping the EXP you/we get off weaklings, instead of raising the EXP for the tough fights.

on a similar, but diff note - Weebs attacked me and lost a couple times. i got 160 and 180 EXP. i did get over 400 when RJ attacked me and lost. kinda weird though.
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.05 09:51 PM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Nov.05, 09:53 PM
Thats because when SV was still the favorites, RJ has Zen secure his spot in the POI. She just hasnt readjusted it yet. He is right below Pun in battle stats.
2009.Nov.05, 09:56 PM
The code needs to be reworked so exp is rewarded relative to your own level and battle stats.

As far as I can tell the level of the opponent relative to your own has no bearing on the exp total whatsoever hence the reason why I can still get good exp from lowly level 30 players and get the same off higher level players while getting the snot smacked out of me. Level should matter more in the final outcome. A possible example could be:

Opponent level and/or battle stats higher than your current level/ battle stats = highest possible exp total for your level

Opponent level and/or battle stats is about equal to your level/ battle stats = very good exp for your level.

Opponent level is equal to or higher than your level but battle stats is lower = average to very good exp for your level (depending how much higher the level is or how much lower the battle stats are).

Opponent battle stats is equal to or higher than your level but level is lower = average to very good exp for your level (depending how much higher the battle stats are or how much lower the level is ).

Opponent battle stats and /or level is less than your level and battle stats = weak exp. This total should drop off significantly if the difference is large to discourage players from hitting very weak targets.

This is only a rough draft of something I think could work. Zen can decide how large the gaps between levels and battle stats can be relative to your own when deciding the potential exp total. Maybe have a smaller gap for lower level players to encourage them to go after some stronger opponents and maybe increase the gap as players increase in level offering some incentive to keep leveling up?.

Obviously this system would still allow for players to find soft targets to get easy exp but leveling up is a natural progression and the gym is there for a reason so it is up to the player to utilize both to become a successful player. The system should also be able to cope with the farming of inactive players as current players will outgrow them as they level and train their stats

A case could also be made for weapon skills to factor into the equation but I could be getting ahead of myself Razz

I really don't want to see damage received being part of the equation like it was with the last experimental system. If you are good enough to win with minimal or no damage loss more power to you. The above example should not make damage a factor.
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.05 10:03 PM by Fallout.