Please pray for our Soldiers
2009.Nov.06, 02:21 PM
RE: Please pray for our Soldiers
i have a quick question for those of you that are saying profiling a discrimination and such is wrong. im not arguing that it is just a quick question.

eff, not calling you out just rember your posts in particular lets say you own a buisness doesnt matter what kind. two gentlemen come in to apply for an open position. one of the gentlemen is very qualifed for the position if not over qualified but happens to be a convicted felon. the second gentlemen is considerably less qulified then the first and perhaps even under qualified for the position. which one do you hire?

now giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming your a good hearted person youll hire the felon. however 99% of ppl dont think like that and there immediate response would be what kind of conviction. people prfile felons based on there charges and assume if you screwed up once youll do it again. now that is often not the case however this thought process and discrimniation of ppl trying to get there lives back on track is often times supported by state laws.

how is saying you know 5% of felons screw up again so im not gonna gove you a chance different then saying 5% of muslims are extermists so i dont want to give any of them a chance

i guess the point im trying to make is yea profiling is cool when its talking about specific races or sexes but when its something like being a thief or violent its totally cool
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.06 02:33 PM by Budweiser.
2009.Nov.06, 02:44 PM
(2009.Nov.06 02:21 PM)guiniyeyo Wrote:  i have a quick question for those of you that are saying profiling a discrimination and such is wrong. im not arguing that it is just a quick question.

eff, not calling you out just rember your posts in particular lets say you own a buisness doesnt matter what kind. two gentlemen come in to apply for an open position. one of the gentlemen is very qualifed for the position if not over qualified but happens to be a convicted felon. the second gentlemen is considerably less qulified then the first and perhaps even under qualified for the position. which one do you hire?

now giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming your a good hearted person youll hire the felon. however 99% of ppl dont think like that and there immediate response would be what kind of conviction. people prfile felons based on there charges and assume if you screwed up once youll do it again. now that is often not the case however this thought process and discrimniation of ppl trying to get there lives back on track is often times supported by state laws.

how is saying you know 5% of felons screw up again so im not gonna gove you a chance different then saying 5% of muslims are extermists so i dont want to give any of them a chance

i guess the point im trying to make is yea profiling is cool when its talking about specific races or sexes but when its something like being a thief or violent its totally cool

some descent points there, for an italian-cokehead Smile for the record, profiling isn't discrimination... affirmative action and title IX both are.

You're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. -Ernie McCracken
2009.Nov.06, 04:08 PM
(2009.Nov.06 02:44 PM)Troopermccue Wrote:  some descent points there, for an italian-cokehead Smile for the record, profiling isn't discrimination... affirmative action and title IX both are.

just figured id throw it out there i deal with discrimnitaion the likes of which most ppl just talk about and read about in magazines on a daily basis and bc its not racial or sexual it gets tossed aside like one of dingos used socks.

for those of you that dont understand where im coming from just think about it.
2009.Nov.06, 04:14 PM
don't agree with most of the thread, but i do agree affirmative action is shit Neutral

1.) You hit for 1407 points of damage. xxxxxxx resists 16 for a total of 1391 damage.
2009.Nov.06, 04:24 PM
(2009.Nov.06 02:21 PM)guiniyeyo Wrote:  i have a quick question for those of you that are saying profiling a discrimination and such is wrong. im not arguing that it is just a quick question.

Discrimination is a form of rejection based on a class or category. You can discriminate because of race, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, economical status, handicaps, the list is endless.

Racial profiling is the inclusion of race in the likelihood that a person will commit a crime. It is used (or was used, and still is used but not as publicly) by law enforcement personnel. As such, it casts a net over an entire race as more likely to engage in crime and creates a set of "second class citizens" (which goes against Amendment 14 since we're talking about the US - other countries have similar legal texts).

Being a convicted felon is a choice (in an overwhelming number of cases), race is something you're born with and can't change (spare me the Jackson drama).

You say 5% of felons are recidivists...

Of the 272,111 persons released from prisons in 15 States in 1994, an estimated 67.5% were rearrested for a felony or serious misdemeanor within 3 years, 46.9% were reconvicted, and 25.4% resentenced to prison for a new crime. (Dept. of Justice)

Not 5%. 68%.

Are you saying 68% of Arabs are :

A - Muslim? (not all Arabs are Muslim)
B - Extremists? (not all Muslims have the same interpretation of the Qur'an)
C - Terrorists? (not all extremists are violent)
D - All of the above?

Do you see where this slope leads? Remember the Japanese American internment camps? Cause this is where this conversation is headed.

And even at 68% - I'd hire the ex-felon if the law allows it and he's more qualified. I'd hire him if he's Muslim, too. Even if it's a she in a wheelchair. I want the best candidate - not the one who resembles me the most.
2009.Nov.06, 04:35 PM
D

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

* The message is too short. Please enter a longer message

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.
2009.Nov.06, 04:48 PM
How many of those reconvicted felons had steady jobs within those 3 years is an interesting statistic I would like to know... I have a feeling that the number of unemployed amonst those who ended up getting reconvicted, would be quite high...

i have a feeling there may be a correlation there that make the statistics somewhat flawed...
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.06 04:49 PM by Duchbag69.

Condom is the glass slipper of our generation. You slip one on when you meet a stranger. You dance all night... then you throw it away. The condom, I mean, not the stranger.
2009.Nov.06, 06:31 PM
(2009.Nov.06 04:48 PM)Duchbag69 Wrote:  How many of those reconvicted felons had steady jobs within those 3 years is an interesting statistic I would like to know... I have a feeling that the number of unemployed amonst those who ended up getting reconvicted, would be quite high...

i have a feeling there may be a correlation there that make the statistics somewhat flawed...

I dont exactly agree that the statistics are flawed simply because I know a lot of people who have been convicted, and reconvicted of felonies.

The people who only got convicted once, they dont want to go back and I know at least 2 who have been unemployed for the first couple years they were out of jail. Unemployment or lack of being able to find a job IS NOT AN EXCUSE for those who re-offend, it's because thats all they plan to do anyway.

Of the reconvicted ones, well lets just say that I only know of one who got a job, and they stole from their job. The people who constantly reoffend do so by choice, not force. Breaking into someone's house to get food or money isnt legal, it's not moral, and it's wrong. Simply put, those who just keep breaking the law should be punished more severely.

Take for instance, a thief. In some countries, at least it used to be, if you got caught stealing they cut a finger/hand/leg ect off. I'm for this, if we set examples with those who decided to keep committing crimes, in the end we'll end up with a more civilized country simply because no one wants their fingers, balls, heads ect cut off.
2009.Nov.06, 07:06 PM
all we have to do is wrap all dead muslim terrorists in pig carcasses and this whole thing is over

no virgins no reason to meet alahussein

doh
2009.Nov.06, 08:42 PM
(2009.Nov.06 01:19 PM)JaySin Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.06 12:07 PM)BadLuck Wrote:  
(2009.Nov.06 08:57 AM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  Or deport no one, and bar no one from becoming a part of the united states.

Actually at the present point in time with the unemployment rate at record breaking highs, we shouldn't be allowing ANYONE to immigrate here regardless. Shut the damn immigration off so that the people who live here, were born here can get freaking jobs. America needs to start looking out for itself rather than catering to the rest of the world. Sorry if that offends anyone, just my two cents.

+ 1 Million.

It is unbelievable how high the rate of unemployment has gone in the US. On paper it looks like like a mere 4% but when you consider that that 4% used to be employed and constitutes of about 400k people nationwide its a pretty large number.

Obama added the extension program for those on Unemployment but when you consider that over 3/4 of the people out of work don't even qualify for benefits that seems like a huge waste of time and effort and falls more so under visual propaganda.

Lets make the US flourish not just appear that it is.

are you f'n serious or really that f'n stupid

unemployment is over 10% you idiot and nearly 200k jobs were lost just last month. if it was 4% and only 400k it would be a miracle.
great source of info http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
turn down the mickey avalon and read the news.
(2009.Nov.06 07:06 PM)Punisher Wrote:  all we have to do is wrap all dead muslim terrorists in pig carcasses and this whole thing is over

no virgins no reason to meet alahussein

I'm truly shocked by some of your responses in this thread. You always seem to be so politically correct in AL.
This post was last modified: 2009.Nov.06 08:47 PM by Leopard.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.