Meh, Where's the Official Review?
2009.Sep.27, 12:55 PM
RE: Meh, Where's the Official Review?
(2009.Sep.27 12:14 PM)peteycrack Wrote:  im not hating on SV's it just so happened to be SV's who did it.

and with that we come to the point, if it had been any other gang who had done it to a player or one of ours, their would have been lots of patting off back, cheers, dancing in the streets, but it was the big bad who did it. I would love to see what was posted if we did even half the stuff we have been accused of over our time. Eek
2009.Sep.27, 01:24 PM
(2009.Sep.27 12:55 PM)MrHyde Wrote:  
(2009.Sep.27 12:14 PM)peteycrack Wrote:  im not hating on SV's it just so happened to be SV's who did it.

and with that we come to the point, if it had been any other gang who had done it to a player or one of ours, their would have been lots of patting off back, cheers, dancing in the streets, but it was the big bad who did it. I would love to see what was posted if we did even half the stuff we have been accused of over our time. Eek

I completely disagree. Anyone else and fed jails would have already happened. You guys aren't the big bad, if anything just the opposite. While I don't really care who, if any, Zen's favorites are, all of the afore-mentioned things are not on my mind

At this point, I've seen most people don't care about what you guys did, they are miffed that Zen completely side-stepped what was being asked. We want to get this fixed, if nothing else. If we did queue the server packets, you all say it is a tenth of a second or less that this window of opportunity would be open. Lets say all of our attacks are queued for three tenths of a second. So, basically my individual clicks take one and half seconds to load rather than just one? Not a problem for me.

4:30 pm FuN2PwN attacked you and lost. Zerkin ain't easy.
2:50 pm SuP3Rn00b attacked you and lost. Zerkin still ain't easy.
13.Aug.14 SuP3R1 attacked you and lost. See above.

2009.Sep.27, 01:27 PM
(2009.Sep.27 01:24 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  

I completely disagree. Anyone else and fed jails would have already happened. You guys aren't the big bad, if anything just the opposite. While I don't really care who, if any, Zen's favorites are, all of the afore-mentioned things are not on my mind

At this point, I've seen most people don't care about what you guys did, they are miffed that Zen completely side-stepped what was being asked. We want to get this fixed, if nothing else. If we did queue the server packets, you all say it is a tenth of a second or less that this window of opportunity would be open. Lets say all of our attacks are queued for three tenths of a second. So, basically my individual clicks take one and half seconds to load rather than just one? Not a problem for me.

Are you reading what your typing? That is about the biggest load of bullshit I've ever read.
2009.Sep.27, 01:28 PM
There is not a chance on earth that the multi mugging is fed jail worthy. Can you drop it already. Its a known glitch that has never been fixed. Zen herself has stated that we did not gain money that didnt already exist in game. We took it from a player who hadnt banked.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Sep.27, 01:38 PM
It's def not fed jail worthy. That's ridiculous. HOWEVER, it is an issue that lots of people think needs resolving.

No other multiple attack, planned or by luck or by divine prophesy stacks its result, so why should this one?

And if members of SV want the subject dropped, you probably shouldn't have brought it to the forums in the first place.

1.) You hit for 1445 points of damage. XXXXX resists 29 for a total of 1416 damage.

2009.Sep.27, 01:48 PM
(2009.Sep.27 01:38 PM)Weathers Wrote:  It's def not fed jail worthy. That's ridiculous. HOWEVER, it is an issue that lots of people think needs resolving.

No other multiple attack, planned or by luck or by divine prophesy stacks its result, so why should this one?

And if members of SV want the subject dropped, you probably shouldn't have brought it to the forums in the first place.

+1

Good post.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Sep.27, 02:01 PM
XP for attacking "stacks". So multiple people can get the same XP for one opponent. No one really complains about this, since it provides extra XP.

Now that I reread all the posts, the notion of the complaints is dawning on me. It's not the possibility of extra money being generated out of thin air that is really the complaint (but that's what I was thinking about). The issue that is being discussed here is the fact someone lost more money than they should have all at once. If the attacks didn't happen all at the same time, the victim would have been in the hospital with 1/3rd the loss in that instance than normal.

I'll review everything that has happened and go over some possible solutions for preventing the issue in the future without adding unneeded lag to the game. Anything needed on behalf of the SVs participating I am sure will be appropriate. Just give it some time while I go over what happened in the logs.

And no I wasn't ignoring the issue. I had some internet issues the last few days, so I couldn't even access the site without some extreme lag (10-15 min lag).
This post was last modified: 2009.Sep.27 02:05 PM by zenith.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Sep.27, 02:54 PM
(2009.Sep.27 01:24 PM)InPaceRequiscat Wrote:  

Ask him yourself:

Quote:2008.Jun.15, 11:28 PM Post: #4
Err
Administrator
Err
Userid: 3
Level: 14
AL Admins
Every now and then 2 people attack at the same time. I have seen people attack each other at the same time (both end up in hosp) and I have seen 1 person attack while being attacked at the exact same time. My guess is the second situation happened to you. This is just one of those fluke things were the timing is tenths or less of a second apart.

And for my own curiosity, I'd like some1 to point me what event, thing, post or etc, beside stupidity and the dear desire to complain just for complaining, started this whole thing about SV being favorites.
2009.Sep.27, 04:43 PM
(2009.Sep.27 02:01 PM)zenith Wrote:  XP for attacking "stacks". So multiple people can get the same XP for one opponent. No one really complains about this, since it provides extra XP.

Now that I reread all the posts, the notion of the complaints is dawning on me. It's not the possibility of extra money being generated out of thin air that is really the complaint (but that's what I was thinking about). The issue that is being discussed here is the fact someone lost more money than they should have all at once. If the attacks didn't happen all at the same time, the victim would have been in the hospital with 1/3rd the loss in that instance than normal.

I'll review everything that has happened and go over some possible solutions for preventing the issue in the future without adding unneeded lag to the game. Anything needed on behalf of the SVs participating I am sure will be appropriate. Just give it some time while I go over what happened in the logs.

And no I wasn't ignoring the issue. I had some internet issues the last few days, so I couldn't even access the site without some extreme lag (10-15 min lag).

I must be an idiot because I have played this game for almost 3 years (minus a few months of fed jail time) and I had no idea two people could attack the same player. I do remember talking about the possibility of 2 people teaming up on a stronger player & that idea was shot down.

If I knew it then I probably would have coordinated with others when I cred-mugged in the past. In reality though, the mug system was set up for a certain amount of wealth ti be taken at any one time. Not any one time X 3. If that was the intent and I am misinformed then I would ask why have the limit in place at all? Why not let me mug someone for 100% of their cash every time & then I don't have to wait on them getting back to fair.

Def. not fed jail worthy but I personally think the additional funds from multi-simultaneous mugs should be returned.

9:42 pm
New! WilliamR (aka Punisher) attacked you and lost.

3:07 am
New! Howl attacked you and lost.
8:53 pm Conrad attacked you and lost.
2009.Sep.27, 04:52 PM
(2009.Sep.27 02:54 PM)Thor Wrote:  And for my own curiosity, I'd like some1 to point me what event, thing, post or etc, beside stupidity and the dear desire to complain just for complaining, started this whole thing about SV being favorites.

I cant remember the thread but it was when myself and several others had access to every single forum secret and admin forum within these forums, including SV's. Myself and everyone else did a lot of reading those couple days.

Support your local 81
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

()()
(ºº) Biffi ----->
(__)

I own inpaces left nut. See here.