Enrico's New Toys
2009.Aug.20, 02:55 PM
Enrico's New Toys
"How many fargin times do I have to rebuild", screamed Enrico Balazar, president and Chief Criminal of the gang with his name.

Enrico and crew looked over the hideout, torn to shreds by countless axes and shotgun slugs. While he liked the urban look, he wasn't quite fond of paying for repairs.

"Hey boss, why don't we take Mort's advice and get some big guns to help protect the place? He might be...", Mats Fullar said meekly, before he was snapped at by Enrico.

"Don't you think I already know this Fullar! We got something shipped this week, just been busy with people trying to infiltrate the gang to mount them to the walls. Follow me..."

The crew followed Balazar into the warehouse, filled with ammo and weapons they've never seen in action. He brought them to a large pile of boxes covered with a military canvas.

"Behold men, my new favorite toy", boasted Enrico while pulling the canvas off the boxes like a magician doing a new trick.

Before the men stood relics from the past, three Browning M2 mounted machine guns, glowing a brilliant silver in the low light of the warehouse. Col Vincent nearly fainted with joy.

"Yup, these babies will be mounted on the walls today. No more will we be easy pickings," proclaimed Enrico.

Jack Mort lifted one up with ease and handed it to Col. Col collapsed under the almost 100 pounds of weight.

"How the heck am I supposed to use this in town Jack? It's not even loaded and I can't lift it", said Col with a whiney voice.

Over the next few moments, Jack and Enrico explained how the new turrets required a gunner, a hideout turret mount, and expensive ammunition.

Enrico finished by saying, "We're still working on automating the turrets, but that's extremely expensive. Plus, they don't reload themselves. For the time being, we'll have the task of aiming these with our own bare hands. If these catch on, we will sell them like hotcakes!"

-----

In-game
The Balazar hideout has been equipped with three M2 Browning Machine Guns in turrets as a test-run. No one in the gang has the appropriate skill (heavy artillery) to use them, but they all have been in the military so they do know the basics (military career).

When attacking the Balazar hideout, you have a chance of getting hit by one or more turrets. If hit, hopefully your resistance and armor will be enough to avoid damage. On occasion, you will get hit and not be injured, and other times you will be sent to the hospital. Be wary of your hit points when attacking them.

If this is something that the community likes, we can add turret mount points as a gang upgrade. Some tidbits...
  • Mounted weapons and ammo (different types) will need to be purchased.
  • Weapons can be damaged.
  • Ammo is not infinite like PvP since the ammo is so expensive.
  • Hideout attacks will have two options... attacking the hideout as normal or attacking a turret.
  • Turrets are only usable with a gunner controlling them. A player in the gang must enable this to aim the gun and/or reload it.
  • Taking out a turret requires more precise weapons than taking down a hideout. Some weapons that are excellent hideout weapons may not be as good taking out a turret, and vice versa.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Aug.20, 03:03 PM
RE: Enrico's New Toys
As you attack their hideout, you are hit by 3 turret guns for 565 damage. You manage to resist 114 for a total of 451 damage!

The turrets work well.....Eek

9:17 am BenderRodriguez attacked you and lost.
20.Feb.13 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.

4488 SV pUn 69 16 Lost in an individual gang battle to Mac.
12.Oct.11 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.
2009.Aug.20, 03:03 PM
ooh ooh ooh we like new toys

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Aug.20, 03:05 PM
so whats the benefit of takign out a turret? you still get the same GPs?

sounds like it just cost more money to war....instead of costings APs?

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Aug.20, 03:06 PM
(2009.Aug.20 03:05 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  so whats the benefit of takign out a turret? you still get the same GPs?

Taking out hideouts with active turrets will provide more GP.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Aug.20, 03:09 PM
Is their hideout any easier to take down or will it take thousands of Aps again?

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Aug.20, 03:10 PM
(2009.Aug.20 03:09 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  Is their hideout any easier to take down or will it take thousands of Aps again?

lol, their hideout is tough. It's merely for testing, so I wanted to get a lot of attacks on them.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Aug.20, 03:12 PM
(2009.Aug.20 03:10 PM)zenith Wrote:  
(2009.Aug.20 03:09 PM)Moriarty Wrote:  Is their hideout any easier to take down or will it take thousands of Aps again?

lol, their hideout is tough. It's merely for testing, so I wanted to get a lot of attacks on them.

Damn turrets are tough as well....
As you attack their hideout, you are hit by 3 turret guns for 415 damage. You manage to resist 95 for a total of 320 damage!

9:17 am BenderRodriguez attacked you and lost.
20.Feb.13 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.

4488 SV pUn 69 16 Lost in an individual gang battle to Mac.
12.Oct.11 TheGeneral attacked you and lost.
2009.Aug.20, 03:18 PM
"Mounted weapons and ammo (different types) will need to be purchased.
Weapons can be damaged.
Ammo is not infinite like PvP since the ammo is so expensive. "

where do we get weapons and ammo?
"Hideout attacks will have two options... attacking the hideout as normal or attacking a turret. "

i didnt see the option to attack as normal? looks as though only option now for them is turrets?
This post was last modified: 2009.Aug.20 03:23 PM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Aug.20, 03:23 PM
Behold! This rocks.Great work zen.I hope you figure out any problems or bugs as getting this to the community is going to work big time.