Enrico's New Toys
2009.Aug.20, 03:55 PM
RE: Enrico's New Toys
Just to reiterate, the different attack options are not implemented yet. It's merely a test to see how it's received. If it's something that's wanted, then the options will be added to the game.

There are several ways to take out the turrets I was looking into.
  • Attacking in PvP. I think perhaps the person manning the turret will be getting a bonus to attack since they are using a nice gun. However, it will take more thought to get something that seems fair and not exploitable.
  • Sniping the gunner. I always wanted to implement something that allowed for a precision shot rather than victory by total bullets fired. Gunners are open to attack since they are stationary, however they ARE concealed behind a massive weapon. A sniper may be able to take them down. Perhaps the only way to man a turret gun is if you are above 50% health, and if you are sniped below that you get separated from the gun. A cheap hospitalization would suck, but the capability should be there.
  • Attacking the turret. An assault on the weapon itself will be the more permanent solution to disabling its effects, but it should be a difficult task.

I see taking out a turret a battle in itself. If manned, it should be worth GP and perhaps XP.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Aug.20, 03:55 PM
Just my opinion, but if their hideout is that hard to take still, gang pvping should provide points, to add encouragement to get into a never ending war. They are NPCs, no need for actually keeping a tally on their current gang points, just a simple--if you gang battle them, and you win or lose, you should win or lose the appropriate gang points as you would with any other gang based on power level with you and the NPC.

(Sorry Zen, was typing as you were posting) but I still like the idea of being able to gang war pvp them, as some of us don't have that many people worth more than one point.
2009.Aug.20, 04:02 PM
(2009.Aug.20 03:44 PM)cheetah Wrote:  
(2009.Aug.20 03:42 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  
(2009.Aug.20 03:42 PM)cheetah Wrote:  Question for Zen:

Can we gang battle them for pvp?

If we had some pvp points to gain as well, would make it a lil more appealing imo.

yes

You have gang battled and won points off them?

somene in my gang battled. not sure if won pts.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Aug.20, 04:03 PM
PvPing someone in a turret should be more difficult than a normal fight, so being worth more everything is probably where this will lead.

Oh and the ammo cost will not be a big deal. I am not going to make it expensive. I don't want unlimited ammo for these things, and requiring them to be reloaded with ammo is my way to require gangs to maintain them actively. The turret mount point will be a GP option, and the weapons will be something you buy with cash. I plan on having multiple weapon types, multiple ammo types, and required skills/career ranks to use the beefier things.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Aug.20, 04:05 PM
(2009.Aug.20 04:03 PM)zenith Wrote:  PvPing someone in a turret should be more difficult than a normal fight, so being worth more everything is probably where this will lead.

Oh and the ammo cost will not be a big deal. I am not going to make it expensive. I don't want unlimited ammo for these things, and requiring them to be reloaded with ammo is my way to require gangs to maintain them actively. The turret mount point will be a GP option, and the weapons will be something you buy with cash. I plan on having multiple weapon types, multiple ammo types, and required skills/career ranks to use the beefier things.

my head is kind of spinning. i like some of the concepts....but this losing lots of HPs when i attack a hideout is a drag. im not in favor of that atm.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Aug.20, 04:13 PM
My original question, can you gang battle members of
Balazar's Gang?

Also, will the gang points, should you ever win, be worth the ap spent?

We can easily get 100 points off other gang wars, so for the extra ap spent (and assuming a joint effort is needed, which usuallly lowers your points won), will the gang points won be worth the AP to war them?
2009.Aug.20, 04:25 PM
(2009.Aug.20 04:13 PM)cheetah Wrote:  My original question, can you gang battle members of
Balazar's Gang?

Also, will the gang points, should you ever win, be worth the ap spent?

We can easily get 100 points off other gang wars, so for the extra ap spent (and assuming a joint effort is needed, which usuallly lowers your points won), will the gang points won be worth the AP to war them?

In the test it won't be. Sorry. But when implemented with normal gangs it will.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Aug.20, 04:28 PM
Injuries happens in war, right? So... getting hurt in an AL gang war?? Eek Who'd have thought! Its absurd! LOL... i like it.
2009.Aug.20, 04:29 PM
Meh think about it logically.If you attack someone with a turrent/heavy duty machine gun you will be hit...hard and frequently.Its expected to take hp! Thats the whole point of it.

I am sure the rewards will outweigh the cost.This is only a test run though so no need to panic.Just a simple this is a little much/less etc will suffice.Lets work it out to get the right solution.

Yes it may seem complicated right now,but clearly alot of time/effort and coding has gone in to this so lets roll with it..oh and remember their hideout is super strong! Less you forget lol
2009.Aug.20, 04:37 PM
As you attack their hideout, you are hit by 2 turret guns for 283 damage. You manage to resist 71 for a total of 212 damage!

You attacked and hit for 18 damage against their hideout!

Ugh, I think i lost a leg...?
O.o Not sure if i like it so much now. Redface LOL

Are these bullets or bombs? Neutral