Skills
2009.Aug.09, 02:59 AM
RE: Skills
Yeah yeah bleat bleat.Protect what you have screw the new players.I hear you all.
2009.Aug.09, 03:05 AM
Hmm..
2009.Aug.09, 03:35 AM
(2009.Aug.09 03:05 AM)TommiTheTaco Wrote:  Hmm..

??... Oh and congrats on 40.
2009.Aug.09, 03:36 AM
Thanks. I don't think that's the point people're trying to make, though..
2009.Aug.09, 03:39 AM
JR, i am sure this is something that comes up in every MMORPG. There will always be those stronger than you... and that serves as motivation for some to work their hineys off on their stats. Wink

Remember that even the big guys takes breaks from time to time - you yourself were not playing for a while? ... those breaks allows for the playing field to level out.

I had some RL issues that kept me from playing for a few months... i come back to the game and now Zhuseth can kick my butt six ways from a yellow sunday all of a sudden. LOL. Eek

I think its nice that you want to watch out for the newbies, but then, i also see a lot of players around that are relatively new and have strong accounts that they are proud of... they enjoy playing the game, regardless of who's stronger than them.
2009.Aug.09, 03:46 AM
I know what you guys are saying and can understand your argument.However your skills were bought free on a day to day basis.I am only asking for the field to be levelled out for new players,with the "option" if they so wish to buy extra skill trains with credits.It will cost them alot more than it has all of us.I just don't see how you can penilise new players in this way.

I have laready put forth the difference skills make so won't repeat it.No matter what you say about skills they do make a huge difference in game play.Stats can be overcome with skills.

I would bet the result of this match would be a win to the lower stated player

Player 1 level 35 age 200 days, skill level 4 shotgun.Stats 40/40/40/40/40 weapon sb1

Player 2 level 35 age 500 days,skill level 11 shotgun.Stats 35/35/35/35/35 weapon T450

Winner player 2 due to skills.
2009.Aug.09, 03:51 AM
(2009.Aug.09 02:59 AM)biffbaffboff Wrote:  Yeah yeah bleat bleat.Protect what you have screw the new players.I hear you all.

You profess to have been thinking about this for a while, yet you havent thought it through at all. The strength of AL is it rewards dedication and longevity. I knew one day I would beat pullo, not through thousands of dollars but time and effort. She spent big and burnt out. I have dedication and effort, I will pass her, one day Ill leave and a new person will work up and beat me. Noobs need to have goals to strive for or the game wouldnt work. With time and effort they will have the skills and they will pass us.

Dont dismiss our arguments against you as bleating, or whats the point in a debate?

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2009.Aug.09, 04:00 AM
(2009.Aug.09 03:39 AM)Pixelle Wrote:   JR, i am sure this is something that comes up in every MMORPG. There will always be those stronger than you... and that serves as motivation for some to work their hineys off on their stats. Wink

Remember that even the big guys takes breaks from time to time - you yourself were not playing for a while? ... those breaks allows for the playing field to level out.

I had some RL issues that kept me from playing for a few months... i come back to the game and now Zhuseth can kick my butt six ways from a yellow sunday all of a sudden. LOL. Eek

I think its nice that you want to watch out for the newbies, but then, i also see a lot of players around that are relatively new and have strong accounts that they are proud of... they enjoy playing the game, regardless of who's stronger than them.

She makes good points..........

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe
2009.Aug.09, 04:06 AM
(2009.Aug.09 03:46 AM)biffbaffboff Wrote:  I know what you guys are saying and can understand your argument.However your skills were bought free on a day to day basis.I am only asking for the field to be levelled out for new players,with the "option" if they so wish to buy extra skill trains with credits.It will cost them alot more than it has all of us.I just don't see how you can penilise new players in this way.

I have laready put forth the difference skills make so won't repeat it.No matter what you say about skills they do make a huge difference in game play.Stats can be overcome with skills.

I would bet the result of this match would be a win to the lower stated player

Player 1 level 35 age 200 days, skill level 4 shotgun.Stats 40/40/40/40/40 weapon sb1

Player 2 level 35 age 500 days,skill level 11 shotgun.Stats 35/35/35/35/35 weapon T450

Winner player 2 due to skills.

wtf? i totaly disagree. this gives old players who have been faithful to this game for a long time an advantage, of course noobs are ment to get there arse beaten by old players...

if a player who has been playing for 2 years gets beaten by a 2 week old player then that spells FAIL.

19.) You hit for 1195 points of damage. XXX resists 2 for a total of 1193 damage.
2009.Aug.09, 04:18 AM
You know, a skill can't be bought, it needs to be learned.
And learning takes time.

Unless of course you can convince Zen to put new cyborgs implanted in the brain to 'download' new skills.