What would your future plans be for AL
2009.Jul.27, 02:42 PM
RE: What would your future plans be for AL
(2009.Jul.27 02:25 PM)biffbaffboff Wrote:  
(2009.Jul.27 01:13 PM)ZeonOne Wrote:  My future plan for AL is....

Able to do something else in addition to the same old training and leveling every day.

Exactly.Gangs controling districts has to be my favorite idea.I think it would add so much to the game.All the planning,tacticts,gang recruitment,gang development,the wars, the profits!

Would it be a loss to zen? Nah I'll bet she would make the same amount in stims/nimbus as giving away with territory.

Its a win/win situation and with a little bit of work...zen... you could make this happen.

its a good idea, something i thought about a while back when i thougt of ways to make 'me' more interested in the game

also, gang gym:
in the drop down box where you pick a trainer, you pick 'gang gym' (or something like that) this give extra benefits/energy loss, depending on how many gang points the gang spends on it

something needs to be done to make gang wars mean something/the game more exciting

c'mon zen, tell us what you think
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.27 02:43 PM by awesomo.

4:18 pm
New! Jack Mort attacked you and lost.

4:15 pm
New! Rafal attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.27, 02:57 PM
If we are going to do a gang control district, we should be able to do alliance.

When two gang allied, they can swap player without losing their gang loyalty day for a day or two. This can create a super active gang for some fun, like taking over a district.

In my opinion, not every district should open up for gang control. Making one district open for this purpose is good enough. This gang capture is like capture the flag, is actually quite fun.

Amend
2009.Jul.27, 03:02 PM
I disagree with only 1 district.There are plenty up for grabs and this is a game of gangs! Gangs control districts its a fact.

I think opening up all of AL to this is much better both froma strategic point and financial.Most gangs I would assume would plump for downtown and rural.This still opens up other areas for smaller/less organised gangs to ply their trade.
2009.Jul.30, 02:09 PM
My plan for District control by gangs would work like this.

All gangs who want to control DTD would add their names to the war.Same for midlan etc.You can only add 1 distric to the gang.I.e your gang gets one shot at one district.All districts are up for grabs each week.

At a set time its gang war free for all.Who is to say the big gangs would win? Lets suppose 10 small gangs collude to take down sv's,collaborate and make a fight of it.Once sv's is destroyed they could fight it out with each other.This tactic would add more to the game through family association and allies.The last gang standing wins the rights to be paid daily 3% of all crimes committed in that district and 10% travel.Any weapons or items purchased would also get a 5% payout.

The winning gang would have control over the district for a week.Then the names go into the hat again.No gang can control any district for more than 2 weeks concurrent.

If this would not bring back the old players or bring in new ones I don't know what would.It would breathe fresh air in to the game.
2009.Jul.30, 02:33 PM
Sounds good enough to me but honestly at this point I don't really care what is done as long as it brings warring back. The game just isn't nearly as fun without warring but no one is really willing to war at the cost of their power level unless you can win something to even it out and GP just isn't good enough.
2009.Jul.30, 09:47 PM
Downtown would have to be neutral. Un-warrable for.

Just like a Saloon used to be, open to all scums, yet property of none. Or, at least, officially.

If the district control thingy started, for sure this would become really a fighting game more than anything else. From there, I'm sure days were you would just crime and gym are gonna become more and more rare.

Downtown would be none to own, place for the lower beings to start there life. But be warned, that outside those gates, you are in danger.

Hell, to make it even more plausible, you could say Jack or Enrico's peeps owns downtown and reduces violence there in order to remain in total control of black market gear and drugs sale control.

You could attack, hosp, berzerk anyone there, just like now. But outside, in a gang owned district, this gang could either have a bonus, or a reward on a leave attack on someone (could be scaled as the gang battles pts) and provide benefits to the gang (money, respect as a side point, like with the current gang points)

Gang pts serve upgrades on the hideout, or bonuses.
Respect points, once earned and spent in the gang, could give like :
- gym bonuses for gang members
- interest on the gang money funds placed in a business account (with possible upgrade on careers as money launderer skills or drug deals outside the country)
- Boost to the GCB
- A trade option to exchange x respect points for x credits
- Personalized battle finishers (when you fight someone, personalize the event he receives. (Ex:
Quote:12:12 am T444e walk away slowly while your head rolls away from your body.)

and so on, I'm sure there are tons of things we'd all like.

And gang controlled districts should advertise it. Since there are popups now, I'd use them to say, once you choose the travel agency destination you were looking for, something like: "Know that this territorry is controled by DISS. Stay out." or "I TOLD YALL I'D HAVE GRENADES SOMEDAY, WE'RE NOT B1TCHES!". Would be fair and scary warnings.

A usefull new rule would be to let everyone know in a automated mail from the admin, when they reach the first lvl to travel somewhere, that out there, there is no help or crying if they get caught by the gangs. Hosp online could always happen.

Meh, I'm gonna stop there.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.31 10:03 AM by JakeBlues.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2009.Jul.31, 11:25 AM
No no carry on.This is my vision too of a future AL.This really would spice the game up.Every district could have a stim store,prices set by the gang who own the district.The weapons shops would be the same but gangs could inflate prices whilst they controll the area.

Carry on Biggrin
2009.Jul.31, 12:26 PM
I would want multiple wars going on multiple fronts. Cyborgs vs Human players, Corporations vs Gangs, Gangs vs Gangs, Corps vs Corps all vying for control of Awakened Lands. Make it harder to trust other players, with each war type seperate from the others, but still having an impact. I'd like to see more player driven content. District taxes, district ownership etc.

I'd also like to see more skills like Electronics allowing the use of special effect items or special abilities.

Lastly, I'd like to see a Mission/Adventuring system inplace with specific goals and rewards, maybe even an actual game Map showing district control or Gang hideout locations. This would set the stage for gang wars to become more logistical as you'd have to have your members physically move to a specific location to attack a hideout while others would need to remain behind to defend. A little graphical feedback would be sweet.
2009.Jul.31, 12:59 PM
The future plans for AL....to retired Ninja

-B- is off from forum...good bye people from forum...good bye ALers...the Bat signal from the sky is off

[Image: bat-signal.jpeg]

He is back....
2009.Jul.31, 01:07 PM
attention whore?

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.