zen, i say we go back
2009.Jul.21, 07:46 PM
RE: zen, i say we go back
I think if Conrad feels strongly enough to make a thread about it, the changes must be REALLY good, and we should make more just like them.

And I would like to see Deathwing's hospital code request done, then have someone hosp the daylights out of him for months on end like he does to others, but only when he has the protection of higher ups

“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
2009.Jul.21, 07:46 PM
(2009.Jul.21 07:33 PM)cheetah Wrote:  Or can you run the numbers...those of us who have literally 3 targets for good exp, 1 goes unequipped (for which he is paying, as should be expected), and the other is in another high cost district, so I'm supposed to pay 10k plus, all day long to go back and forth to get any exp?

This is obviously geared to benefit lower levels. But if highers had to work our butts off to get here, why are the low levels suddenly getting a free ride for exp, as once we got here, this new code gives us no chance to level?

Devil's advocate here:

Maybe because we'd never catch you and they're trying to promote a more (eventual) level battlefield.

I do understand how this could be a kick in the proverbial "balls" to older/stronger players though.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Jul.21, 07:50 PM
(2009.Jul.21 07:46 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  
(2009.Jul.21 07:33 PM)cheetah Wrote:  Or can you run the numbers...those of us who have literally 3 targets for good exp, 1 goes unequipped (for which he is paying, as should be expected), and the other is in another high cost district, so I'm supposed to pay 10k plus, all day long to go back and forth to get any exp?

This is obviously geared to benefit lower levels. But if highers had to work our butts off to get here, why are the low levels suddenly getting a free ride for exp, as once we got here, this new code gives us no chance to level?

Devil's advocate here:

Maybe because we'd never catch you and they're trying to promote a more (eventual) level battlefield.

I do understand how this could be a kick in the proverbial "balls" to older/stronger players though.

NO you don't understand.

Some of us have put years into this game.

Leveling was leveling. Now, basically, some of us can't. But some people just behind us can, and can quickly. So what was our effort worth? NOTHING! Bc now those close behind us can catch us with no effort, whereas the top few will have to tick hunt like mad to get any experience off of a couple, if not a single, target.
2009.Jul.21, 07:52 PM
What about a system something like the following:

Damage Dealt | XP (ratio)
------------------------
less than 25% | 1.0
less than 50% | 1.25
less than 75% | 1.5
less than 90% | 2.0
90% or more | 2.5

For example, if you get 300 xp from an attack, you'd get the following:

Damage Dealt | XP (total XP from battle)
------------------------
less than 25% | 300
less than 50% | 375
less than 75% | 450
less than 90% | 600
90% or more | 750
2009.Jul.21, 07:53 PM
I like the code. I am sure there are players who are near my level and activity also like it.

I'll make you a star in the back seat of my car.
2009.Jul.21, 07:58 PM
I like you, chance

“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
2009.Jul.21, 08:00 PM
(2009.Jul.21 07:50 PM)cheetah Wrote:  
(2009.Jul.21 07:46 PM)NastyFO Wrote:  

Devil's advocate here:

NO you don't understand.

Some of us have put years into this game.

Leveling was leveling. Now, basically, some of us can't. But some people just behind us can, and can quickly. So what was our effort worth? NOTHING! Bc now those close behind us can catch us with no effort, whereas the top few will have to tick hunt like mad to get any experience off of a couple, if not a single, target.

I can not empathize... but I do understand. I really do. I sympathize with the fact that the older more dedicated players may feel like this is a huge slap in the face.

It's not a mystery that you, Pun, Ush, and the "top" people are the only ones truly upset about this.

It'll let people like me catch DW sooner though!!!!!
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.21 08:03 PM by NastyFO.

5.) You hit for 1073 points of damage. (xx) resists 20 for a total of 1053 damage. <-- My first crit over 1K - no candy. :-) 2/14/10

29.) You hit for 1120 points of damage. Xavier Halcon resists 54 for a total of 1066 damage. <-- 2/15/10!
2009.Jul.21, 08:02 PM
(2009.Jul.21 07:46 PM)thrillhouse Wrote:  I think if Conrad feels strongly enough to make a thread about it, the changes must be REALLY good, and we should make more just like them.

And I would like to see Deathwing's hospital code request done, then have someone hosp the daylights out of him for months on end like he does to others, but only when he has the protection of higher ups

or maybe youre one of the weak ass p#0$$$ies.
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.21 08:03 PM by Conrad1103.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Jul.21, 08:07 PM
(2009.Jul.21 07:53 PM)chance Wrote:  I like the code. I am sure there are players who are near my level and activity also like it.

Yes, it is a dream come true for mid levels.

Those of us who have very few targets worth any experience...it is a total nightmare. And makes us wonder why the hell we put so much into the game, if suddenly, we can't level. Yes I now train more than I attack, but now, there's virtually no attacking for me that is worth my exp. So my character is virtually frozen.

Good for you, and all it helps, but those who worked their asses off just got screwed big time!
2009.Jul.21, 08:09 PM
(2009.Jul.21 08:02 PM)Conrad1103 Wrote:  
(2009.Jul.21 07:46 PM)thrillhouse Wrote:  I think if Conrad feels strongly enough to make a thread about it, the changes must be REALLY good, and we should make more just like them.

or maybe youre one of the weak arse p#0$$$ies.

9:06 pm
New! Conrad attacked you and lost.