zen, i say we go back
2009.Jul.21, 04:02 PM
RE: zen, i say we go back
(2009.Jul.21 03:41 PM)Jocasta Wrote:  I'm happy if it stays as it is, but I'm just as happy if it goes back.

+1
2009.Jul.21, 04:04 PM
Why poll it? The admins are revamping the game its what has been needed for a very long time.Its much better now.My opinion anyways.

How about letting the driver drive the car and not have some back seat driver.

Keep the changes Zen just add some npc's for the big guys.
2009.Jul.21, 04:12 PM
(2009.Jul.21 04:04 PM)biffbaffboff Wrote:  Why poll it? The admins are revamping the game its what has been needed for a very long time.Its much better now.My opinion anyways.

How about letting the driver drive the car and not have some back seat driver.

Keep the changes Zen just add some npc's for the big guys.

agreed, everybody just sit back and enjoy the ride,i really hate back seat drivers, they are annoying as hellEek
2009.Jul.21, 04:55 PM
So no matter how bad the changes are people are supposed to sit back? do nothing?

fed back has led to as many or more changes then the admins input alone...

if people do not discuss what is right and wrong the game will hit new lows and everyone will vanish...

reword or rethink cause that is not the answer!
This post was last modified: 2009.Jul.21 04:56 PM by randomjacker.
2009.Jul.21, 05:10 PM
This new changes will slow down the high level strong player while boosting the lower level and weaker player.

Eventually, it will come to a saturation point. When it happens, things should be more interesting.

Amend
2009.Jul.21, 05:23 PM
(2009.Jul.21 03:59 PM)LikeWhoa Wrote:  can someone make 2 polls?
1st poll if the xp code should be tweaked, revert bck, or stay. (no bacon option)
2nd poll if hosp code should be changed back. (bacon option optional)

no need for polls
just change the hosp code back
the game is getting boring as it is. one of the main things people enjoy here in my opinion is the lack of implication from the admin side in player issues(fight and what not)
changing the hosp code pretty much kills that. it's turning the game into pony land or what ever

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Jul.21, 05:36 PM
From our past logs, players were actually catching the higher ups faster with the old system. The majority of fights were against opponents who don't even have anything equipped. Free XP. Of the players outside the top 50 levels, these types of attacks consisted of 76% of all fights.

I would like to see more fights where players are trying to take on more than they usually do. The 2nd half of today, 85% of all attacks have been standard XP. The community has obviously figured out what not to do now. Of the non-standard XP fights, when averaged together the XP is actually exactly the same as the average XP from normal fights. So I do believe in the long run this won't actually speed things up or slow things down for the majority.

With that said, I can see that the higher ups need more targets. If this means more NPCs or taking inactive accounts and equipping their unequipped items, it will be done. But other than that, no one is really catching up to them at an accelerated rate. For those who were taking the easy way to leveling and attacking unequipped players, it is indeed slower. But this behavior has diminished since mid-day as everyone got used to the system.

I'll continue to monitor everything and attempt to make the best decision based on the data. Feedback is always taken into account. Now to figure a fair way to punish those who unequip intentionally.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Jul.21, 05:45 PM
Empty the retirement district and put there weapon/armours on!
2009.Jul.21, 05:45 PM
(2009.Jul.21 05:36 PM)zenith Wrote:  From our past logs, players were actually catching the higher ups faster with the old system. The majority of fights were against opponents who don't even have anything equipped. Free XP. Of the players outside the top 50 levels, these types of attacks consisted of 76% of all fights.

I would like to see more fights where players are trying to take on more than they usually do. The 2nd half of today, 85% of all attacks have been standard XP. The community has obviously figured out what not to do now. Of the non-standard XP fights, when averaged together the XP is actually exactly the same as the average XP from normal fights. So I do believe in the long run this won't actually speed things up or slow things down for the majority.

With that said, I can see that the higher ups need more targets. If this means more NPCs or taking inactive accounts and equipping their unequipped items, it will be done. But other than that, no one is really catching up to them at an accelerated rate. For those who were taking the easy way to leveling and attacking unequipped players, it is indeed slower. But this behavior has diminished since mid-day as everyone got used to the system.

I'll continue to monitor everything and attempt to make the best decision based on the data. Feedback is always taken into account. Now to figure a fair way to punish those who unequip intentionally.

that still doesn't fix the hosp problem

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Jul.21, 06:38 PM
(2009.Jul.21 05:36 PM)zenith Wrote:  The majority of fights were against opponents who don't even have anything equipped.

I quit hitting wook a few weeks ago, when he was no longer worth my exp for the energy spent.

I would like to see more fights where players are trying to take on more than they usually do.

So I do believe in the long run this won't actually speed things up or slow things down for the majority.

It is only going to slow things down for the top few.

With that said, I can see that the higher ups need more targets. If this means more NPCs or taking inactive accounts and equipping their unequipped items, it will be done.

Please, yes, more NPCs per district, and equip the inactives! Please, bc some of us have no hope of leveling now!

Now to figure a fair way to punish those who unequip intentionally.

If they unequip intentiionally, we should get absurd exp for beating them.