career abilities
2009.Jan.24, 09:56 AM
career abilities
if no-one really uses them.....arent they useless? im sure some use theirs, but i have not used the Military bonus more than 5 times since they began. thats no-ones fault but mine, but there is a reason for the lack of use.

do you use yours?

think we will have added bonuses / changes to current abilities?

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2009.Jan.24, 10:21 AM

i think we should be able to use other bonuses even if we worked that career....maybe up to a certain level...like only singles above level 5 special or something...now that would be cool

and oh yes...more cp uses please

i know i know youre working on them Smile

doh
2009.Jan.24, 12:37 PM

lol Well, I used to use mine constantly when careers 1st came out... maybe you just picked a boring career conrad...

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2009.Jan.24, 12:39 PM

i still think there should be minor permanent bonuses. for instance, if you're a level 15 or level 20 doctor, you should have a reduced hospital time of 5 minutes every time you're put in the hospital, regardless of points. i mean, FFS, you're an expert doctor, you should be able to give some input to the nurses, right?

military get an automatic +1 or +2 to a certain stat because its just straight up rigorous training (i'm thinking res or strength, and works in combat only). either this, or a bonus to ranged damage, like a 5% bonus.

martial artists get a bonus to dexterity, or at least a bonus to dodging, maybe an extra level or 2 to combat evasion (in combat).

construction workers get a permanent bonus to melee weapons or strength.

manufacturers automatically get a boost to belts, even above the charge they are currently at, in battle. either that, or the charges wear down slower when you're wearing them

politics you get reduced jail sentences and sometimes even avoid jail times when busted for crimes

athletics get a slight bonus to HP in battle, maybe +50 hp, because they tire less easily and can endure long battles

(edit) engineers! ... maybe another bonus to damage with ranged weapons? or possibly a higher chance for critical, like +2.5% chance for a critical hit with a ranged weapon.

science gets an automatic reduced time with borging, and if you are a cyborg, you heal SLIGHTLY faster (happiness and health) since you know how to handle electronics more

... yea Biggrin

keep in mind that these ideas are for PERMANENT bonuses that are earned when you reach a career promotion milestone, like level 15 or 20. and if you ask me, thats perfectly reasonable. if someone gets 3 careers at level 20 for a 5% bonus in dmg, 5% bonus in resistance, and +2.25% critical hits or whatever, and someone else gets level 30 in explosives and spends the rest on accuracy (what would that be, like an extra 20-30 levels in acc, if not more?), then it would sort of even out in the long run. that right there would take years to achieve, too
2009.Jan.24, 12:54 PM

Poptart you're a gosh darn genius!

Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass Ass
2009.Jan.24, 12:55 PM

Canosoup Wrote:Poptart you're a gosh darn sexy genius!

thx 8)
2009.Jan.24, 01:25 PM

i love my job :shock:
2009.Jan.24, 01:55 PM

I`m with poptart on this one. I would like to see some passive abilities introduced for each career, that improve automatically as your career advances, rather than having to spend career points on them to make them viable.
2009.Jan.24, 01:58 PM

Passive ablities would be awesome. But they should be every 5 levels. For example, athletics lvl 5, extra 50 hp. lvl 10, extra 100 hp, etc.
2009.Jan.24, 02:28 PM

thatthingufear Wrote:Passive ablities would be awesome. But they should be every 5 levels. For example, athletics lvl 5, extra 50 hp. lvl 10, extra 100 hp, etc.

i personally agree with this, but i think that the admins would disagree. its been over a year and a half since careers have been implemented and they have been 100% negative on adding passive abilities at all, so my guess is that they would downright shoot this idea down. so what i did was tried to use some mathcraft to give an idea that would be considered :/