Zen, Where is my diploma?
2008.Dec.16, 06:19 PM

Duchbag69 Wrote:i like a lot of the ideas i've read..but many of them are unfair for the non-donator..for example the high endurance and intelligence needed for the courses...of course credits can be bought off the market but money often goes into weapons, and new housing...and plus credit prices right now are getting up there lol...

on the other hand...maybe these new courses are added incentive for the non-donator to become a donator...or a regular donator an even heavier donator...
you finish your schooling with 5 end, and 8 int. So you just have to get from 8-10 with zeons idea, and then work a week in politics.
2008.Dec.16, 06:31 PM

Most on them have a level requirement which I really like. But I think a little less time for the completion of the courses would be good.

Maybe a 30, 45, and 60 days rather then have all three take a total year to compete.

And with level requirement you can better gauge how many dev points are needed.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Dec.16, 07:39 PM

The only thing I dont agree with is the need to use yet More of my aps or eps to study. Surely we could keep it as a passive use for being active daily.

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Dec.16, 07:49 PM

I don't think a one off bonus is worthwhile. As moriarty said earlier, the amount of coding would be a waste of time.

A long term benefit should be the end outcome. Small dev point conversions, advanced career capabilities, maybe certain weapon handling techniques.

Realistically, there should be a constantly trainable, advanceable aspect of the game. Possibly utilize these sorts of parameters further individualize their character by creating niche abilities with certain career/level/stat/schooling req's.
2008.Dec.16, 08:32 PM

Marlo Wrote:I don't think a one off bonus is worthwhile. As moriarty said earlier, the amount of coding would be a waste of time.

A long term benefit should be the end outcome. Small dev point conversions, advanced career capabilities, maybe certain weapon handling techniques.

Realistically, there should be a constantly trainable, advanceable aspect of the game. Possibly utilize these sorts of parameters further individualize their character by creating niche abilities with certain career/level/stat/schooling req's.

That's why skills were added and the school has not been coded with additional things.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Dec.16, 08:34 PM

epicly owned
2008.Dec.16, 08:46 PM

The extra schooling should directly correspond to a certain skill or a certain career.

It makes sense for the career to be the choice. For instance. Can take an extra class at level 6 of a career...then 12 then 15 or something like that. It has taken players an extremely long time for them to get all the way up in their careers and the reward doesnt always equal out the effort put into it. Giving players the benefit would be a great reward for all that career work.

Also it was very much like that in the career world where you get way better at your job after a long time put in. You get paid alot more, you have to do less to get more done etc.

Just throwin some stuff out there. Hope some ideas work out!
2008.Dec.16, 09:38 PM

Marlo Wrote:A long term benefit should be the end outcome. Small dev point conversions, advanced career capabilities, maybe certain weapon handling techniques.

I had been thinking about that last statement before. I like the idea of certain skill/career combos creating a bonus ability.

i.e. Pistol 4 and evasion 4 and you can go all 'Matrix-Bullet time' and automatically dodge the first x attacks of a combat.
or, longblade 4 and athletics 4 and you get an iajitsu(quick draw) ability and automatically hit the first attack due to surprise.
or, Military Assault 4 and axe 4 would give a 5% chance of 'hideout critical hit' for 2x damage.

Different topic almost, but something to consider.

On topic, I would be happy with a mechanism (class) that would give a CP and reputation payout. several months in a career(rank 7 or so) + grad school should provide some industry acknowledgement(reputation)
2008.Dec.17, 03:06 AM

So why have this discussion at all. Once you complete school let it lie. Skills were brought in as a progression. If what Zen proposes doesnt seem worth it for anyone then it aint worth her time. Would have been nice to get a small increase on the career returns, perhaps less than I originally suggested, but if Zen wants a one off reward then I say its probably not worth her time.

Having the courses take a while to complete would reward the players willing to stick around and play. Which in the long run benefits the game. Players like JR and Mace that play hard for a year then quit wouldnt see the benefit but players such as druchii, raf, pun and I would. Which seems only fair.

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Dec.17, 06:14 AM

I like the idea of grad and doctoral level courses similar to the vocational ones with the prerequisites of completion of all the courses existing, plus min rep 3 / intel 9 for grad, and then doctoral min rep 5 / intel 12

each section of educational levels would have either similar stat gains just doubled but the time needed to complete would be half. daily logging in would have to be done....grad level work is tough and requires effort

after grad level courses are complete then the doctoral level ones can be begun with stats 4 times the voational ones

just a thought that might not be too hard to code

mixing skills in seems pretty complex and imo skills are way too strong as they are

doh