Zen, Where is my diploma?
2008.Dec.16, 03:10 PM

to tell you the truth, it's been months since i've last used my cps for stats.

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Dec.16, 03:38 PM

Same I can think of better things to use my CP's on than saving gym trains...

Using your Riot Axe you hit for 4724 points of damage. XXX resists 102 for a total of 4622 damage.

steve says
chesticles?
steve says
you sure got some big chesticles, howl
2008.Dec.16, 03:44 PM

To be honest, I have been using mine for the first time in ages. Having to train from 40 to 50+ in strength can get a little taxing, it really is nice to cash in 500 every 6 days for a couple thousand dev points!
2008.Dec.16, 03:46 PM

I do the same, I rarely train Str in the gym, but chip away at it using CPS. It would be nice to make it worthwhile using CPs to gain a bit of END, more than the 12 Dev points you get at lvl5 athlete for sure

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Dec.16, 03:55 PM

Moriarty Wrote:At lvl 5 athlete I get around 100 career points each day. If I spend them on Strength I get a return of 200 strength development points. I can train 200 Dev points in just over 2.2 trains.

The old courses give you a one-shot bonus. What you suggest is a daily bonus almost on par with one of the expensive old courses. This is not quite what I had in mind.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Dec.16, 04:08 PM

IMO the one shot bonus was way off by the time you complete all the courses. The last one barely made a dent as your character is quite well developed by then. A 500 Dev point bonus at lvl 36 is hardly worth your coding time Zen. Developing a character to get 5 rep, 12 INT, lvl 40 and career lvl7 does take a long time and the reward match it if you plan on implementing this addition. Otherwise I dont see it as a full use of your coding time, the game could be improved better in other ways

What would you see as a fair one shot bonus?

2008.Dec.16, 04:35 PM

what about a dev pt multiplier? Take martial arts for example. When you complete the graduate courses, you get a 2x multiplier for dev pt conversions. So instead of being able to turn a career pt into 4 dex, you'd get 8 per pt. The multiplier would work for all conversions in that field.
2008.Dec.16, 04:38 PM

That is pretty close to what I was thinking about. A standard multiplier increase across the board.

Maybe:

.5 increase for 1st graduate level.

1.0 increase for 2nd graduate level.

2.0 for the third graduate level.
2008.Dec.16, 04:45 PM

Moriarty Wrote:IMO the one shot bonus was way off by the time you complete all the courses. The last one barely made a dent as your character is quite well developed by then. A 500 Dev point bonus at lvl 36 is hardly worth your coding time Zen. Developing a character to get 5 rep, 12 INT, lvl 40 and career lvl7 does take a long time and the reward match it if you plan on implementing this addition. Otherwise I dont see it as a full use of your coding time, the game could be improved better in other ways

What would you see as a fair one shot bonus?

i'm gonna have to agree with mor, it took me 3xx days to finish all the classes, after 60 days, the dev pts didnt do much to help me.

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Dec.16, 04:50 PM

Marlo Wrote:That is pretty close to what I was thinking about. A standard multiplier increase across the board.

Maybe:

.5 increase for 1st graduate level.

1.0 increase for 2nd graduate level.

2.0 for the third graduate level.

Thats what I said just not quite as articulate

ie. usually 4,

x .5

=6