Zen, Where is my diploma?
2008.Dec.17, 07:45 AM

Basic Networking: 45 days of logging on daily.
Description: You'll learn how to trouble shoot and repair Technical hardware on site. While learning the basic understanding of how computers communicate with each other.

Cost: $12,500
Requirements: Level 20 Energy, 8 Intel

Reward: 400 Dev in Intel, 25 Work Experience

Is this what you mean Zenith?

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Dec.17, 07:52 AM

KcCashBrigade Wrote:The extra schooling should directly correspond to a certain skill or a certain career.

It makes sense for the career to be the choice. For instance. Can take an extra class at level 6 of a career...then 12 then 15 or something like that. It has taken players an extremely long time for them to get all the way up in their careers and the reward doesnt always equal out the effort put into it. Giving players the benefit would be a great reward for all that career work.

Also it was very much like that in the career world where you get way better at your job after a long time put in. You get paid alot more, you have to do less to get more done etc.

Just throwin some stuff out there. Hope some ideas work out!

i think zen wants to keep anything that has to do with careers away from the new schooling system, she could be developing new career abilities and doesnt want to tie it in? we definitely know that career abilities should be updated, since people are starting to get high and higher ranking

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Dec.17, 08:15 AM

Mock8800 Wrote:Basic Networking: 45 days of logging on daily.
Description: You'll learn how to trouble shoot and repair Technical hardware on site. While learning the basic understanding of how computers communicate with each other.

Cost: $12,500
Requirements: Level 20 Energy, 8 Intel

Reward: 400 Dev in Intel, 25 Work Experience

Is this what you mean Zenith?

If the career system is not used as a pre-requisite, I think this is the idea (using the log in counter like humanity uses). One question, is it 45 consecutive days, or 45 days logged in(i.e 50 days with 5 days off)? I don't think I've missed one, but we all have to skip a day sometime...

The level 8 intel shows some effort past the previous classes, and a higher level course could have a higher level payout and a requirement equivalent to a class only character having to buy 1 level of int via credits. This class would essentially give someone with intel 8 a boost to level 9 (405 dev points needed) Make the next class require 10 and give 500 points (605 are needed for level 11).

This type of progression would encourage donation/credit buys as the next requirement would be within reach, but not too close. Throw in the occasional WE or Rep bonus and you could make a 4 class progression into the teens. You could easily see another one for END. This would be a motivator for lower level/stat players and a decent if not outstanding bonus for players already in the teens for both stats.
2008.Dec.17, 10:06 PM
:)
new classes to start in january Smile
2008.Dec.18, 04:38 AM

Guess i should get going on finishing my existing classes :?
2008.Dec.18, 07:24 PM

zenith Wrote:This discussion always evolves into something overly complicated or unbalanced.

Give me 8 reasonable graduate-level courses with their benefits. Let's make this a community project, and see if there can be a general consensus over this topic.

Requirements :
  • These courses cannot be taken unless all other courses in the original school code are completed.
  • Time should not just automatically count down like the original school code. You need to be active.
  • Limit bonuses to dev points only.
  • Just because these are "graduate level" doesn't mean the bonuses should be out of control. Keep the bonuses to respectable levels.

I personally don't think just finishing the original school courses should be enough to get you in. I think there should be more restrictions on these, such as a minimum intelligence / reputation requirement.

Let's see where this topic leads.
No matter what you decide, they should have to wait at least a year after finishing the original courses, in respect for those who were done with it 500 days ago...

p.s. I didn't read all 10 pages, sorry if it has been said before.
2008.Dec.18, 11:02 PM

zenith Wrote:I personally don't think just finishing the original school courses should be enough to get you in. I think there should be more restrictions on these, such as a minimum intelligence / reputation requirement.

and/or career ranks?!

"No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it." - Fernando Pessoa
2008.Dec.18, 11:42 PM

where's mah diploma, got dangit!
2008.Dec.20, 09:43 AM

[Image: 1400637-Funny-sign-0.jpg]