Poll: Should Mods have to be reelected after one year?uld
Yes, they may be unquallified by the communities standards
No, we want biased unfair mods to run our forums and not be able to do anything about it
No, Zenith picked them for a reason lets honor it.
[Show Results]

Reelection for the Mods
2009.Jan.04, 02:49 PM

Lucky666 Wrote:i picked
No, we want biased unfair mods to run our forums and not be able to do anything about it
cause there was no BACON

what he said!!!

seriously, what's wrong with the mods we have? i think people are getting upset about being modded, if they didn't act like a bunch of pre-pubecent idiots posting for the sake of posting, or to get to someone, or to waste time, or to show that they were there and read all that garbage. or to have word fights.they should all get some kind of restriction, somthing like 10 posts a day maximum, might teach them to hold the tounge here and there

i have a hard time trying to read through 20-30 pages of garbage to get the 10 decent posts out of it. i say MORE MODDING
2009.Jan.04, 03:04 PM

our mods are fine...Have that job I would not

doh
2009.Jan.04, 05:12 PM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:
BSOXXX Wrote:I have mixed feelings about it, I do think that Zen chose who she chose for a reason, I respect that, However, after time PEOPLE change, that includes mods, im not saying it is for better or worse.
So having said THAT, I do think that their should be a vote, but ZEN would pick the ones to vote for, and if any of the current mods were appreciated by the people on the forums, they could go up for re-election....
Any comments?
:?:

My only issue with reelections would be campaigning...

Mods are picked by zenith and looks to be a life long appointment.

If mods have to be reelected, unfortunately it would be a popularity contest, and or in-game actions would make reelecting a good mod, impossible.

I disagree there. I do not think in-game actions would matter. People are more mature than that. If in-game actions mattered I would have been campaigning in having a mod removed shortly after I started because I lost an item I won in a raffle to somebody. He did not get me a item I was promised in exchange for a PIA and cash. I chocked it up as an in-game issue and learned my mistake. I could have asked Zenith to step in since I mailed her initially asking her if it was an alright trade at my starting level. I did not. Therefore, since I was newly starting and was mature enough to seperate in-game from forum I left it at that.

Having to be re-elected to a mod position would require good modding on their part. Otherwise if I considered your in-game action I would say you needed to go since you promised to pay me for voting for you in that contest in which you did not. None of that was brought up in these discussions.
2009.Jan.04, 05:14 PM

I would vote me scorp i hope you would do the same Biggrin.
2009.Jan.04, 05:17 PM

Scorpious Wrote:I disagree there. I do not think in-game actions would matter. People are more mature than that. If in-game actions mattered I would have been campaigning in having a mod removed shortly after I started because I lost an item I won in a raffle to somebody. He did not get me a item I was promised in exchange for a PIA and cash. I chocked it up as an in-game issue and learned my mistake. I could have asked Zenith to step in since I mailed her initially asking her if it was an alright trade at my starting level. I did not. Therefore, since I was newly starting and was mature enough to seperate in-game from forum I left it at that.

Having to be re-elected to a mod position would require good modding on their part. Otherwise if I considered your in-game action I would say you needed to go since you promised to pay me for voting for you in that contest in which you did not. None of that was brought up in these discussions.

Thanks for your opinion! I still strongly disagree due to hearing about all the.. "HEY! You are a mod, why did you hosp me??"

That tells me straight up what would happen.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2009.Jan.04, 05:26 PM

I still feel people are more mature than you think. You feel they will mix the two together. Sure there are some that may but I feel the majority will not.

And I too would vote you SK because I think you point out relevant issues in different posts. Smile Smile However, if you run and we vote for it try to get it before I deploy in late March or early April.
2009.Jan.04, 11:56 PM

If there WAS a vote, I would not vote, because i would not know who was best for the job, because i do not really know anyone outside the game, i have no idea how people are in the forums, with the exception of a select few....
BUT I think that most people would go more by the forums than anything though because that is what they are dealing with, not the game...
2009.Jan.05, 01:11 AM

Holy crap, I hope you're kiddin', Scorpious..SK as a moderator? The place would be in flames the moment that happened.
2009.Jan.05, 01:14 AM

you cant assume that everyone is mature enough to vote for the best person for the job. its much more likely that they would vote for more aesthetic or superficial reasons, since it is difficult to measure a person's ability to moderate without talking to the personally or witnessing them in action
2009.Jan.05, 01:16 AM

He may surprise you. However, as previously posted have a vote. If a majority wants to vote in a new mod or a 2/3 vote wants to re-elect a current one then all the more to them. Even having a 2/3 vote to recall before a year would be an option.

I actually think you may be surprised if he was a mod as well as others people may have doubts about. Smile