Poll: Should Mods have to be reelected after one year?uld
Yes, they may be unquallified by the communities standards
No, we want biased unfair mods to run our forums and not be able to do anything about it
No, Zenith picked them for a reason lets honor it.
[Show Results]

Reelection for the Mods
2009.Jan.04, 01:21 AM

i think you guys need to chill out, mods are fine.
if you honestly see something thats offensive to you then msg ANY of the 10 mods zen picked out. i pm them all the time to delete certain posts and they have no problem doing it. i'll also pm them to make sure my thread doesnt go off topic, mainly my FS threads, cause you people piss me off the with 1$ bids.

i'll say it again, msg them in game.

the end.

kick the real world in the sac
2009.Jan.04, 01:26 AM

If there were established guidelines/SOP that were published for all to see this might not be an issue. I have been moded but I hold nothing against whomever did it.

I think it is a good idea for the mods to be replaced now and again. That is not to say they are derelict in thier duty only that just with everything in life, it is good to take a break once in awhile.

Obama's balls, your chin...............Suckers..........Duped again.
Benders face, my ass....................Sucker Dupe
2009.Jan.04, 02:48 AM

Zen chose them for a reason. She sees things we dont and from this has a better understanding of each moderators abilities and temperament. If a player has an issue with a mod those concerns can always be taken to the admin for mediation. Basically if a mod isnt doing his/her job that mod more then likely would be replaced.

I also dont see a need for a SOP to be public. I hope that there is a standard, but any standard made would be set between admin and mod and not really up for public debate. If such a thing were to be public I am sure there would be many out there pointing fingers and jumping all over the mods the moment they make the slightest mistake or deviation from that SOP which would only undermine their authority. Just my opinion.

[Image: cartman.jpg]
2009.Jan.04, 03:59 AM

There are a lot of players who flat our refuse to be mods, either because they don't want the responsibility, don't have the time, or don't think they have what it takes. When I bring someone in, it's normally until they no longer want to or no longer have the time.

I'm proud of the group we have. I may post some pointers or things to watch, but overall they manage themselves well. They aren't afraid to admit to a mistake to each other, and as a group usually learn from the experience.

The community for the most part behaves very well compared to a lot of other communities out there. Overall I'm very happy with our entire community and our moderators.

With that said, if we had a rogue moderator run amok I wouldn't hesitate to remove their status.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2009.Jan.04, 04:26 AM

zenith Wrote:There are a lot of players who flat our refuse to be mods, either because they don't want the responsibility, don't have the time, or don't think they have what it takes. When I bring someone in, it's normally until they no longer want to or no longer have the time.

I'm proud of the group we have. I may post some pointers or things to watch, but overall they manage themselves well. They aren't afraid to admit to a mistake to each other, and as a group usually learn from the experience.

The community for the most part behaves very well compared to a lot of other communities out there. Overall I'm very happy with our entire community and our moderators.

With that said, if we had a rogue moderator run amok I wouldn't hesitate to remove their status.

Perfect.No need to explain to them.
2009.Jan.04, 10:00 AM

i dont see what the big deal is.they seem to be doing an ok job,what brought this on to begin with?
2009.Jan.04, 10:04 AM

i picked
No, we want biased unfair mods to run our forums and not be able to do anything about it
cause there was no BACON

"I wasn't resisting arrest, I was resenting arrest."
Some people are like slinkies they are really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
2009.Jan.04, 10:14 AM

no bacon!this is an outrage.someone does need to lose their job then,lol
2009.Jan.04, 10:21 AM

biffbaffboff Wrote:
zenith Wrote:There are a lot of players who flat our refuse to be mods, either because they don't want the responsibility, don't have the time, or don't think they have what it takes. When I bring someone in, it's normally until they no longer want to or no longer have the time.

Perfect.No need to explain to them.

Need a tissue ?.
2009.Jan.04, 10:22 AM

deaf ears and blind eyes