Player ending an account and starting anew rehash...
2008.Oct.01, 09:11 AM

Instead of having two accounts to monitor. Just strip the old account?
2008.Oct.01, 09:17 AM

SisterLynx Wrote:Instead of having two accounts to monitor. Just strip the old account?
I agree woudnt be much simpler just to rest account?
2008.Oct.01, 09:18 AM

ZeonOne Wrote:1) Have to retired for 365 days is too long. If a player want to restart and found that they have only quit for 200 days, they have to wait another 165 days to start a new account? It just doesn't make sense. In my opinion, half a year would be a good amount of break time.

2.) Old account must be in good standing.
- Agreed

3.) Old account must be fully equipped. - This is not necessary for two reasons. One, some of the old player have sold their item when they quit. Two, old player would simply buy a set of newbie kit to fully equip themselves. Plus, Rule #5 pretty much does its purpose.

4.) Old account must still have their house. - Not so sure about this one. Similar to 3, player would buy a lower grade house.

6.) Old account is now property of the game and can no longer be logged into. Agreed

zenith Wrote:Rule 1-

So you mean to say that those existing players wanting to do that will have to leave for a full year to do the same?

This is why I wanted to discuss it.

I don't mean they have to be GONE for a year, they just need to have the account for a year. This way you can't just make a bunch of accounts and "restart". Plus it makes it easier to manage for yours truly.

As for the fully equipped / house requirement... this is to prevent the "oh I quit but I am going to hide my wealth by dispersing it to everyone I like... then have them hook me up later on". They need to have wealth on the old account to pay for equipment / house if they sold everything. Without this requirement I think too much abuse could result.
2008.Oct.01, 10:26 AM

i think if players want to start over they should be able to, me personally would not , but i guess we all have our own lil ways, but i agree with zen, if players want to start overthat charater and all belongings become the property of the game and they no longier have access to it
2008.Oct.01, 10:47 AM

Old account = NPC

If God is our father, you thought, then Satan must be our cousin
2008.Oct.01, 10:56 AM

Thor Wrote:I'm good for it too and I agree with Howl, if old character is "forfeited" then it has to be moved out of retirement district. Give it a week or 2 if you don't want players to link the old with the new.
That's what I don't want. I think we should all know who the refreshed players are. It's not fair for a restarter to get a new opportunity if we don't all know who the restarters are. As minimal as it may sound, half of the battle at the beginning is meeting people in the community and forming bonds and friendships.
This will obviously help older players to know who their enemies were and prevent them from slipping into an enemy camp undetected.
If the person has the experience and friendships already established it'd be easy to take advantage of that at the expense of his/her enemies.
I propose a scarlet letter or blurb on their profile saying who they once were.
[Image: Scarlet%20letter.jpg]
2008.Oct.01, 11:11 AM

We could give them the option.

If they wish to remain anonymous, they will forfeit the money and item they had in their old account.

However, if they want to keep the money and items, they will have to be known in their profile stating who they once were. (Like Mccule was saying)

Amend
2008.Oct.01, 11:12 AM

Eaglefreak Wrote:Old account = NPC

I think Aside from that ^^^^ being a good idea, We need MORE NPC's

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.
2008.Oct.01, 11:31 AM

ZeonOne Wrote:We could give them the option.

If they wish to remain anonymous, they will forfeit the money and item they had in their old account.

However, if they want to keep the money and items, they will have to be known in their profile stating who they once were. (Like Mccule was saying)

But that still doesn't change the fact that they have established relations with the community. Relations that would not be public and possibly compromise individual and gang security. The first thing a refresh'd player will do is contact his old friends (which is understandable), but he/she's NOT going to contact their old enemies and say, "hey, I'm back!". So the refresher gets the bonus of having his old friends help him out and not have to pay the consequences for his/her actions when he once played.

Plus, I don't think 'keeping the money and items' is even on the table here. That isn't going to happen.
2008.Oct.01, 11:46 AM

Let say you started a new account and dispose of the old one.
If you make the new account and made it known to the public that it is you, its similar to...

You playing your old account with the exception that ALL of your level, stats and humanity gain got strip away.

It's kind of crazy. All the player that hate you will be able to beat up on you easily. The least they would have is to keep those item that they can not use.

Amend