Player ending an account and starting anew rehash...
2008.Oct.01, 01:35 AM
Player ending an account and starting anew rehash...
Follow-up to this topic from awhile ago...

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...php?t=5787

I've had some players who have been gone for a long time wanting to start playing again but want nothing to do with their old account. They've been gone for numerous months and just want to get addicted again.

I think the only fair solution to this requires some important rules to prevent abuse. The account cannot be created without our permission.

1.) Old account must be at least 365 days old.
2.) Old account must be in good standing.
3.) Old account must be fully equipped.
4.) Old account must still have their house.
5.) No transfer of wealth to other players/gang/new account.
6.) Old account is now property of the game and can no longer be logged into.
7.) New account is on a probationary period where all transfers to them will be monitored.

No credits, donations, etc will be transferred. It's a new account, and the old account is forfeited. While I find it odd to give up all the hard work, for some it's the journey and not the destination. And then there are others who don't even remember what they had on their old account.

I feel this is a little different from the old topic as that one was concerning players who are active wanting to restart. This is actually pertaining to retired and/or long inactive players.

Discuss.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.01, 01:36 AM

bring them back Smile

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Oct.01, 01:45 AM

i'm sry, but i really dont get what the big deal is with starting a new account, and transferring the items. i dont see why the player doesnt have the right to keep their items, i mean if they donated to PAY for their items, shouldnt it be legally theirs? i've never actually played WOW but cant you start more than 1 characters? they just have to go thro training, leveling, ect.... all the hard stuff again. i mean... it's one thing to have a multi, but it's another to entirely discard a persons personal belongings just because hes starting a new acct. if he has a p-5, it's not like he'll be able to equipt it right away, if he's got the villa, he has to lvl up to be able to buy that house.

maybe i'm just missing the point, is there something i'm not seeing?
in anycase i dont plan on starting a new acct, so i dont even know why im arguing for those people. i'm actually thinking about quitting, havent really decided yet.

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Oct.01, 01:49 AM

I disagree woah. If you start a fresh then it is from nothing. Why people would want to start over baffles me anyway. All that time and effort for nothing!

Conrad attacked the Wranglers and Lost.

Fighting Phish since 2007
2008.Oct.01, 01:58 AM

LikeWhoa Wrote:i'm sry, but i really dont get what the big deal is with starting a new account, and transferring the items. i dont see why the player doesnt have the right to keep their items, i mean if they donated to PAY for their items, shouldnt it be legally theirs? i've never actually played WOW but cant you start more than 1 characters? they just have to go thro training, leveling, ect.... all the hard stuff again. i mean... it's one thing to have a multi, but it's another to entirely discard a persons personal belongings just because hes starting a new acct. if he has a p-5, it's not like he'll be able to equipt it right away, if he's got the villa, he has to lvl up to be able to buy that house.

maybe i'm just missing the point, is there something i'm not seeing?
in anycase i dont plan on starting a new acct, so i dont even know why im arguing for those people. i'm actually thinking about quitting, havent really decided yet.

That wouldn't quite be restarting. Plus there are those who would like to abuse the "restart" by hiding from people they conned. Or those who have multiple accounts that manage to sneak by the safeguards and transfer wealth. Imagine someone conning a full-set of unique items with no level/stat reqs then restarting.

For simplicity, new account means new. Getting into a U.S. tax-codesque list of exceptions to what can be transferred and what cannot be is just more trouble than it's worth. So if you want to restart, you gotta bite the bullet.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.01, 02:00 AM

Got a few bugs with these

Quote:1.) Old account must be at least 365 days old.

Rule 1-

So you mean to say that those existing players wanting to do that will have to leave for a full year to do the same? I think there is a flaw in your business plan... Anyway.

Rule 3- What does that mean? If I left and had sold everything, I can't come back now? Not getting back money and such is one thing, BUT dont we have the right to sell trash deleate anything we want?

Rule 4- What for? And right there, is that to prevent people with the new borging up trend? I dont see the point.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Oct.01, 02:01 AM

I have no problem with it. Maybe a tag on the person's profile saying who they USED to be. I wouldn't want one of my past enemies starting fresh and not knowing they were sneaking up on me so to speak. Just my $.02...
2008.Oct.01, 02:09 AM

Gornikel Wrote:Got a few bugs with these

Quote:1.) Old account must be at least 365 days old.

Rule 1-

So you mean to say that those existing players wanting to do that will have to leave for a full year to do the same? I think there is a flaw in your business plan... Anyway.

Rule 3- What does that mean? If I left and had sold everything, I can't come back now? Not getting back money and such is one thing, BUT dont we have the right to sell trash deleate anything we want?

Rule 4- What for? And right there, is that to prevent people with the new borging up trend? I dont see the point.

This is why I wanted to discuss it.

I don't mean they have to be GONE for a year, they just need to have the account for a year. This way you can't just make a bunch of accounts and "restart". Plus it makes it easier to manage for yours truly.

As for the fully equipped / house requirement... this is to prevent the "oh I quit but I am going to hide my wealth by dispersing it to everyone I like... then have them hook me up later on". They need to have wealth on the old account to pay for equipment / house if they sold everything. Without this requirement I think too much abuse could result.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.01, 02:10 AM

I see absolutely zero issues, in fact this is so easy it may be confusing some players.

If stupidity bothers you, click here for a solution.
2008.Oct.01, 02:26 AM

Ushanewnewba Wrote:I see absolutely zero issues.

i feel the same way. what's the point of selling anything if theres gonna be a restart anyways? it's not like u can take anything from the old account and put it in the new one.