October Contest.
2008.Oct.02, 12:31 PM

All I got is one active ref the rest I had to keep them going just to keep leveling. But if my one reaches level 20 then I win Smile

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Oct.03, 12:13 AM

zenith Wrote:
Thor Wrote:
zenith Wrote:I don't think you really have to worry Thor. You'll probably get 10 to 20 sign-ups from them in a week and still finish 5th because they don't stay active. Meanwhile someone will get 3 actives that stick around and finish 3rd. I never quite understood the voting sites because they bring in a bunch of players from other games but never stick around. Meanwhile, a post in a forum about cars brings 2 actives and then never another sign-up.

Besides, I seem to remember you telling me that you'd share the ref link if others complained lol.
I did a lot in the past, did any1 complained "officially" about me using a topsites yet?

Not until this topic.

Just wanted to say that I wasnt complaining. I could really care less if Thor has 3 million referrals from the voting sites/s as I believe the more players the better. I was just voicing a concern with the contest is all.
2008.Oct.03, 12:28 AM

whos to say people arent just using proxies?
2008.Oct.03, 07:26 AM

Quote:whos to say people arent just using proxies?

Zen would catch them. Yes the IP would be different but the trick is to look at the whole picture. All she does is track to where the IP is and if it's a proxy then bam you lose all your point and get to join bren.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Oct.03, 08:30 AM

Mock8800 Wrote:

Zen would catch them. Yes the IP would be different but the trick is to look at the whole picture. All she does is track to where the IP is and if it's a proxy then bam you lose all your point and get to join bren.

She would catch 'em, but I doubt the person who referred them would get the axe along with the person for it. Too circumstantial to put the blank on the referring person, unless it blatantly obvious that they did such a thing on purpose.
2008.Oct.03, 10:17 AM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:
Mock8800 Wrote:

She would catch 'em, but I doubt the person who referred them would get the axe along with the person for it. Too circumstantial to put the blank on the referring person, unless it blatantly obvious that they did such a thing on purpose.

what is circumstantial about using proxies to unfairly win a referral contest? if you refer someone who uses proxies, they better have a damn good reason why. if not, you cheated and should be banned.
2008.Oct.03, 11:10 AM

Circumstantial for the referrer. If you're just throwing the link around like I am, you don't know if someone who's already got a name on here might sign up again, not having known the rules or haven't played for a long time and think it would be fine.
2008.Oct.03, 11:18 AM

think about it though, if you allow it for one referral, who can prove i didnt use them for all my referrals.

its either none or all.
2008.Oct.03, 11:20 AM

And didn't we both say 'She can catch 'em'? I'm pretty sure she can tell which ones are related and which ones are not.
2008.Oct.03, 11:24 AM

And the prize it a rare BUTTER KNIFE!

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.