October Contest.
2008.Sep.30, 11:15 PM

bigchaz Wrote:
Saerin Wrote:The problem I see with this is that some people are using their referral link on the voting sites.

i think that is how i got here

Ya but you aren't someone's referral.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Sep.30, 11:18 PM

I think ima referral but not quite sure.
2008.Sep.30, 11:19 PM

I to cannot remember how I got here. Somedays I think I might be Thor's bastard child, others the aliens dropped me off and left me for dead.
2008.Sep.30, 11:35 PM

friend from FFXI invited and referred me to this game to help me pass time by while Looking For Party in FFXI. helped me greatly. and after i retired from the game, i guess i became a full AL resident... until school started...
2008.Oct.01, 04:36 AM

zenith Wrote:
Saerin Wrote:The problem I see with this is that some people are using their referral link on the voting sites.

Will already be taken into account. I know a few voting sites have ref ids in them and will calculate that in. Most of those refs don't stay active however, which is a bummer.
Why?!? Is a referral from a voting site better or worst then a guy at school/work or from a different site? This is discrimination. If a referral plays, no matter how he came in, he should count for the same as every other. And if I bring in 20 players that don't play, I don't see why I should get less then some1 bringing 20 non active from another forum.

You said the goal is to increase referrals, not to see if we can steal a few from elsewhere...
2008.Oct.01, 07:10 AM

I've been trying to get my referral count up but no one wants to play or talking about other games is illegal. I'm going to crash and burn at this contest but might as well try.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Oct.01, 07:17 AM

I have to agree with Thor... Using voting sites or other methods is just better personal marketing. All of us have different interest bases/groups of people we can market to, if I had known about the voting sites earlier, I might have tried them as well. It's kind of like networking in the career world. Some people network with just their group of friends and others 'place tiny little adds'..

I don't see how someone spamming a forum/emailing their friends and pulling in 5 players should be rewarded over someone who has spent a year working their AL entry into the top of a voting site. If one of them pulls in the next top tier player, or any player for that matter, more power to them.
2008.Oct.01, 09:53 AM

LikeWhoa Wrote:Time Event Actions
11:08 pm You have earned a referral DarkFate [26953]! Check your referral page for a listing of all your referrals.

lol

omg thats sooo wack, no wonder i'm not on that list, i did it an hour early!!!!
technically it was 12:08am my time! thats no fair man! thats the only reason why i even referred him =(

kick the real world in the sac
2008.Oct.01, 09:55 AM

I'm sorry, Likewoah..
2008.Oct.01, 05:48 PM

Thor Wrote:Why?!? Is a referral from a voting site better or worst then a guy at school/work or from a different site? This is discrimination. If a referral plays, no matter how he came in, he should count for the same as every other. And if I bring in 20 players that don't play, I don't see why I should get less then some1 bringing 20 non active from another forum.

You said the goal is to increase referrals, not to see if we can steal a few from elsewhere...

I don't think you really have to worry Thor. You'll probably get 10 to 20 sign-ups from them in a week and still finish 5th because they don't stay active. Meanwhile someone will get 3 actives that stick around and finish 3rd. I never quite understood the voting sites because they bring in a bunch of players from other games but never stick around. Meanwhile, a post in a forum about cars brings 2 actives and then never another sign-up.

Besides, I seem to remember you telling me that you'd share the ref link if others complained lol.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin