October Contest.
2008.Oct.03, 11:24 AM

i never said zen can do anything.
i was asking what she was going to do about proxies.
if she can tell when some one is, then for this contest if you or your referrals uses a proxy you shouldnt be counted towards the contest.

im not saying everyone who uses proxies is cheating, but you have to use a proxy to cheat sooo...
2008.Oct.03, 11:30 AM

That doesn't seem fair.

Oh well..It's Zenith's decision.
2008.Oct.03, 12:26 PM

If someone signs up and already has an account they are fed-jailed and it's reflected on the leaderboard. That's why Kang disappeared.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.03, 12:50 PM

zenith Wrote:If someone signs up and already has an account they are fed-jailed and it's reflected on the leaderboard. That's why Kang disappeared.

so basically what your saying is that covers proxies?

and tommi, i dont understand why thats not fair. there is no reason to log onto AL using a proxy.
2008.Oct.03, 12:52 PM

buuddha Wrote:
zenith Wrote:If someone signs up and already has an account they are fed-jailed and it's reflected on the leaderboard. That's why Kang disappeared.

so basically what your saying is that covers proxies?

and tommi, i dont understand why thats not fair. there is no reason to log onto AL using a proxy.

Man, do you really not understand what I'm trying to throw out at you?

It'd be unfair for anyone to be taken out of the competition if one of their referrals was found to have been a multi, or using a proxy to mask such a thing.

It's not unfair to take the person who was doing such a thing away, however some people have to use proxies to play the game, otherwise it won't load right.
2008.Oct.03, 12:59 PM

From what I can tell many users using operamini is stuck on a proxy. Proxies are checked, but not the ultimate sign of cheating. IPs are only one of a long list of things we check to ensure things are legit. I don't want to tip our hand on everything we check, but it's a lot of things. It's not a perfect system but it does seem to work pretty well.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Oct.03, 01:04 PM

I have a feeling Zen is not directly answering the question on purpose. If she lists out all of her detection techniques, someone will find a work around. There are a number of things you can do check to detect multis... There are web sites dedicated to it, and ebay has a whole team of people that do it for a living.

Same IP range/Proxy accounts can be different users, that is why there are probably multiple triggers for getting fed jailed... and why you have the option of mailing the admins to get it cleared up. If you think you might be at risk (same job, same family, etc) just mail Zen as soon as you sign up.

The point is, don't multi.. and if you are wrongly accused, just make your case and trust Zen and Err to the know the difference.
2008.Oct.03, 01:36 PM

TommiTheTaco Wrote:It'd be unfair for anyone to be taken out of the competition if one of their referrals was found to have been a multi, or using a proxy to mask such a thing.

um its sounds extremely fair to me that if someone is cheating and using proxies then they need to be taken out of the contest.
2008.Oct.03, 01:52 PM

And, lets say, one of your referrals made a multi and ran themselves along a proxy without your knowledge. You just thought you had another cool guy trying to help out a buddy.

Should YOU be taken out of the contest because of ignorance towards the situation?
2008.Oct.03, 03:09 PM

i get it tommi :wink:

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.
6.) You hit for 1245 points of damage. **** resists 34 for a total of 1211 damage.