Combat Weapon Selection
2008.Aug.06, 02:02 PM
Combat Weapon Selection
It has come to my attention that with skills getting to the point where they can really make a difference between certain weapons, in some cases the incorrect weapon is being selected during pvp combat (both attacker and defender). This is an oversight on my part since the weapon-selection code was made more than a year before skills were introduced.

My question is, should weapons in pvp combat be selected based solely on a players' skill level or a combo of skill and weapon strength? I can see issues with both sides... someone who trains up to rank 8 in pistols might very well want the pistol used no matter what other weapon they have equipped.

As Marlo says... discuss.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.06, 02:04 PM

The weapon with the higher combat skill should be used. Also can we get a 10 end rifle and pistol please?
2008.Aug.06, 02:06 PM

Constitution Arms SB-1 1 8.0 Info | Unequip Ranged | Use as PVP choice

That's one way to do it, to avoid hideout weapons being used for PvP unintended.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.06, 02:07 PM

Good idea Druchii I like it.

But their is one that they fear. In their tongue it is nova-king, DRAGONBORN!
2008.Aug.06, 02:07 PM

Druchii Wrote:Constitution Arms SB-1 1 8.0 Info | Unequip Ranged | Use as PVP choice

That's one way to do it, to avoid hideout weapons being used for PvP unintended.

Many targets never log in, so they don't have this luxury.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.06, 02:09 PM

Highest skill level weapon chosen by default during defence, and if you mess up on attack it's your own fault?

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Aug.06, 02:17 PM

I never roll with two weapons equipped at once.Is this an oversite on my part?Is it better to have a melee and ranged equipped at the same time?
2008.Aug.06, 02:19 PM

biffbaffboff Wrote:I never roll with two weapons equipped at once.Is this an oversite on my part?Is it better to have a melee and ranged equipped at the same time?

Some players like to have a weapon for PvP and a weapon for hideouts equipped at the same time. Perhaps their PvP weapon is superior (or they think it is) and sucks against hideouts.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Aug.06, 02:22 PM

you said that the weapon that cause the most potential damage is selected, so if skills make a certain weapon cause more potential damage the another you have equipped i think that weapon must be selected.

This could also make players see the benefits of spending the energy on skills

Member of Comunità di Sant'Egidio
2008.Aug.06, 02:24 PM

Druchii Wrote:Highest skill level weapon chosen by default during defence, and if you mess up on attack it's your own fault?

Sounds good to me. Definitely have hit the WRONG people with the WRONG weapon before and that is totally on me.

Fixing the defending with a paperclip by default thing would be excellent, though!