Combat Weapon Selection
2008.Aug.07, 07:11 AM

Discrimination?

Inactive = Gone.

How can you discriminate someone who is not there?

Just like immigration, when they come, they have to adjust to the laws. Once inside, they can ask for equality.

Judgment should be based on actual active population, and not on the dead or travelling ones.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Aug.07, 07:20 AM

zenith Wrote:True. But going forward there will be inactives with skills in weapons, and we have to account for them too.

There is the reason Zenith thinks that we should worry about inactives.

Furthermore, if skills are going to be a part of the power code and help determine XP received then I think that the weapon that allows for the best damage potential w/ skills should be the weapon that is used in PvP.
2008.Aug.07, 07:24 AM

Over time, logic dictates that only 1 weapon skill will be developped anyway...

1 weapon makes you lighter, and ends the debate.

Even tough I'm just a few lvls in my specialty, going back to a different weapon choice would be unconceivable.

8:50 pm BlackHand attacked you and lost.
2008.Aug.11, 09:33 AM

bumpies? :oops:
2008.Aug.11, 10:17 AM
Re: Combat Weapon Selection
zenith Wrote:It has come to my attention that with skills getting to the point where they can really make a difference between certain weapons, in some cases the incorrect weapon is being selected during pvp combat (both attacker and defender). This is an oversight on my part since the weapon-selection code was made more than a year before skills were introduced.

My question is, should weapons in pvp combat be selected based solely on a players' skill level or a combo of skill and weapon strength? I can see issues with both sides... someone who trains up to rank 8 in pistols might very well want the pistol used no matter what other weapon they have equipped.

As Marlo says... discuss.

We would add another option in the Player's Preference.

PvP Weapon's auto Selection base on Skill. (On / Off)

Be default, the we would leave it base on the skill and strength of the weapon as the attack PVP preference of choice.

Amend
2008.Aug.11, 04:05 PM

Druchii Wrote:Constitution Arms SB-1 1 8.0 Info | Unequip Ranged | Use as PVP choice

That's one way to do it, to avoid hideout weapons being used for PvP unintended.
best way, people that dont log in, quite simply, should log in Razz

4:18 pm
New! Jack Mort attacked you and lost.

4:15 pm
New! Rafal attacked you and lost.
2008.Aug.11, 05:30 PM

Saerin Wrote:There is the reason Zenith thinks that we should worry about inactives.

Furthermore, if skills are going to be a part of the power code and help determine XP received then I think that the weapon that allows for the best damage potential w/ skills should be the weapon that is used in PvP.

Wait, skills are going to be part of the power level code? I have level 1 in a lot of different skills. Meh, any way to delete skills for half cost?
2008.Aug.11, 06:07 PM

"My question is, should weapons in pvp combat be selected based solely on a players' skill level or a combo of skill and weapon strength?"

skill level.

Round 1
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1338 damage.
Round 2
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1373 damage.
Round 4
Conrad hits g2o2d4wp for 1151 damage. g2o2d4wp sulks.
2008.Aug.14, 09:13 AM

rebump!

This must be difficult to implement.
2008.Aug.14, 10:54 AM

Loki Wrote:rebump!

This must be difficult to implement.

It is more difficult to implement than making sure you pick the right weapon when attacking :shock: :shock:

Only kidding.