end the madness
2006.Oct.11, 11:53 PM

Even though this thread went from "I need some time off" in the case of 6x6 to "How can low levels beat high levels", I like the ideas.

The hiring of hitmen to take out tough players I wanted to reserve for players (hey I can't beat level 15 boy, can I give you 10K to knock him down Mr level 17?), but all the high-levels are in the same gang! Perhaps an NPC hitman option, where you spend credits/cash on to hospitalize an opponent is something the playerbase would be interested in.

Example, say you want to take out a level 10, and you are leve 3. Perhaps hire a level 10 hitman to give it a shot. The combat would look similar to normal combat, but you are viewing the attack log of your hitman. Perhaps this hitman would cost $10K or so, and if he failed you'd go to jail for awhile for conspiracy to commit murder or something like that. And of course, it will cost energy to find the hitman Smile

As for gang attacks, the gang code in combat already boosts defenders a bit. But with the switch to one-click combat attackers will no longer have an advantage (no running, no switching weapons options yet, etc.). This actually gives us a lot more options to play with for combat additions.

Perhaps hiring backup, or combining forces with a gang member in one-click combat can actually work now? Would players think having an option to link combat with another online gang member where they both can attack as one against an opponent? There would have to be an extra cost (perhaps double energy cost for BOTH, and if they lose they BOTH go to the hospital).

For example, perhaps a level 7 and a level 6 are getting beat on by a level 12 player they cannot beat, even if he is down to half health. Perhaps one player can act as the combat leader and have the other player select an option to "join in combat" with the other player. The end result would be the level 7 attacking as usual, but with boosted chances at success. Now maybe the code has both attackers firing their guns, or perhaps just the level 7 attacker acting as a level 10+?

I see both of these options entirely doable (the hiring of the hitman seems like it would be easier to complete first).

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2006.Oct.12, 01:29 AM

i love the idea Zen, this would enable smaller gangs to plan attacks on powerful gangs. This would in turn level the playing field. Would it have to stop at two people online?.

If gang A has 8 members and all thier levels add up to 90 and they want to attack gang B who has 4 members who's levels add up to 80, as long as the whole gang is online then they should have a chance against the stronger gang.

This is then a gang issue and would be down to the prez to adopt tactics and to speak to his gang etc.
2006.Oct.12, 06:28 AM

i like hitman idea, NPC or just a headhunting section. would be anonymous unless of course the hitman gets caught.

or just an anonymous hitman shop, where you can tell what kind of weapon you want him to attack with, what you want him to do etc

and there could be 3 different costs on the hitman.

Bum hitman - cheap but low success rate

Postal Joe - the standard issue prices but average chance at success

Mob Hitman - High prices, and good success rate

way to calculate prices could be
500 * each level = price for bum
1000* each level = postal joe
1500* each level = Mob hitman

that could seem to be nice prices
2006.Oct.12, 07:15 AM

I like the Idea of two or three people ganging up on someone more than I like the hitman idea. If people can gang up with others in their gang to go against someone It would be an excellent equalizer. with the hitman thing, it gives the big donator's a lot of opportunity to hire hitmen and would be really expensive for lower level non-donators.
2006.Oct.12, 09:41 AM

kk like the idea druchi
2006.Oct.12, 04:50 PM

I am also glad this thread was semi-hijacked with ideas to constructively balance out the game.

I like all the ideas, and am not preferential; so long as an option to potentially beat higher levels is implemented, which it sounds like it will be, i am happy.

One point i would also like to raise is that the hiring of a NPC hitman, (or even the multi user gang-up option) would be more beneficial during a gang war, if the successful attack earns respect for your gang, just as a normal successful attack would.

In this case, these options are even better than hiring another player to take out another.

And thus it probably will help lower the price of hiring an actual human player to help settle ones grudges.