end the madness
2006.Oct.11, 06:28 PM

maybe if it was dependent on your level instead... your target has to have over 50% of your health rather than theirs in order to attack?

So if a lv 11 with 600HP hits a lv 19 with 1000HP, as long as the lv 19 has 300HP+, they can hit them. But if the lv 19 wants to hit the 11, they have to have above 500HP. If they were lv 25, with 1300HP, they'd never be able to hit the lv 11.
2006.Oct.11, 06:30 PM

thats not a horrible idea actually.
2006.Oct.11, 07:23 PM

there really should be some means in place for lower levels to take out higher levels.

maybe its expensive, maybe it often fails, but there needs to be some sort of an equalizer, for the sake of the game.
2006.Oct.11, 08:48 PM

I don't know about that either... Think real world in relation to the game. Is some 2 bit pickpocket off the street going to even be able to get close enough to a mafia kingpin to try and take him out? Probably not, too many bodyguards...

Not to mention the fact that it really takes away from the purpose of the game. This game is ABOUT power. It's ABOUT imposing your will on the weak. That's how the crimeworld works. I think any system to undermine that would take a piece of what this game is away.
2006.Oct.11, 08:54 PM

TheGeek Wrote:Think real world in relation to the game.

Let's not. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fair and balanced. An uber gang that no one could possibly do anything about is unbalanced.

vvvv hello caff
2006.Oct.11, 08:54 PM

^^^ hello otto Smile

A gun is the best equalizer of all. A two bit thug should be able to kill a kingpin, but it should be incredibly difficult. Bullets don't discriminate :wink: . Leveling, especially at the higher levels, goes pretty slowly and deserves to have benefits that come with the hard work put in but it shouldn't make you this invincible demi-god.

Perhaps an option for little guys to gang together to take out the big boys...dare I say a gangbang option? :oops:
2006.Oct.11, 10:50 PM

@ thegeek
not all fights are fair. its not allways two people lining up face to face, toe to toe, especially if the weaker party realizes they need some sort of strategic advantage to stand a chance.

sneak attacks, ambushes, hell bombs even....

plus anyone with a bit of money could allways hire a hitman capable of doing the diry work for them

if the level 30 attacks the level 15, yeah the 15 wont stand a chance.

but if the 15 plans some sort of tactic which may or may not catch the 30 by surprise...it might be a different story.

it would probably be expensive for the 15, and require something other than marching over to the 30 and attacking, but you cant say it cant be done...

think Rudy
2006.Oct.11, 10:59 PM

maybe have where you can set up an ambush on a player? so say i want to take out oven mitt for some reason. i can spend all of my energy 5 times to set up the ambush, and then attack him. so that means i have to use alot fo energy and alot of prep time but i might be able to pull it off.
2006.Oct.11, 11:21 PM

In order to spice the game up a bit, and to somewhat even out the levels, could you look into coding it so that if gang A (5 members, levels 10-12) are declared on by gang B (5 members, levels 10 -12 with a level 16) can perform a gang hit on the 16 to disable him for a bit.

Under normal circumstances, Gang A would not stand a chance, since none of it's players would be able to kill the 16, but there should be an option in the gang menu similar to an organized crime, in which the gang leader selects to do a gang hit on a person (the 16) and a 20 minute counter counts down. At the end of that 20 minutes, every gang member in gang A that is online (and not in jail/hospital) loses the normal amount of energy for a single attack and the targeted individual gets attacked by 4 people at once, taking four shots per turn, but only getting one counterattack per wave of four attacks. This would allow the active lower level gangs to attack the relatively inactive higher level gangs.

I think this would be a really good addition as it would spice things up, the Elders would like it since it would give the lower level gangs a chance to all declare war on the elders and take them out."

So the way this would work would be that each gang could select a target to attack.. if a 7 man gang targeted Sam I Am, and 6 of their people were online when the countdown stopped, then Sam I Am would be attacked by 6 people at once, while only randomly firing shots back at one of his attackers per turn. If the attackers won, then the gang leader would get the option of hospitalizing, mugging, or leaving him in shame. If Sam I Am were the leader of a gang of 12's this would be the ideal strategy for getting around their level 20something protector.
2006.Oct.11, 11:40 PM

yeah nice idea, makes it even more attractive to be a gang leader. Smile

would be good to be able to take out ringers. and zenith might even code in the thing Lordskie is talking about, 33-50% of health tho, and player defending has to have atleast 50% health

right now i have the option to attack gangs that has no chance of defending or to attack gangs that will kick our butts. so an option that could even the score a bit would be awesome, even make those expensive member upgrades more worthwhile. cause everytime i look at the next upgrade i get chills down my spine