Poll: Would you be interested in a 'work friendly' design of AL?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Poll: Should Zen create a more 'work friendly' design option
2008.Jul.02, 09:45 PM

How about she codes an AL version that will be able to go through all of our job's blockades?

Something that doesn't have anything about :
Quote:Online Role Playing Game, rpg, role-playing game, roleplaying game, free rpg, torncity, online rpg, free online rpg, cyberpunk, shadowrun

So our dear security guys won't see it has a "nothing to do with work" link and allow it?

:wink:
2008.Jul.02, 10:31 PM

For those of us where I work at least, there are no firewall or filter problems... The problem is, management walks by and sees x people with the characteristic black/green/red screens up on our second monitors all day. They currently are being kind of cool about it, but it is definitely drawing negative attention. We are working and being productive(it only takes half a dozen mouse clicks every 30 min or so to keep training up), but it has to potential to be an easy target if any problems surface.

I am for the option to offer an alternative simply to get back under the radar and let management scowl at all the youtube addicts.
2008.Jul.02, 10:33 PM

Scorpious Wrote:Especially since she never remembers to lock it. LOL
What was your address again? Wink
2008.Jul.02, 10:34 PM

McCule Wrote:
Scorpious Wrote:Especially since she never remembers to lock it. LOL
What was your address again? Wink
Apparantly pillaging in AL isn't good enough for one viking anymore.
2008.Jul.02, 11:36 PM

ok I am drunk and not gonna read all of this thread.... So the answer is firefox and a program called grease monkey.... get it. it will make everything white and black... if this was already posted then pfft. oh well!
2008.Jul.02, 11:42 PM

hydro9226 Wrote:How about she codes an AL version that will be able to go through all of our job's blockades?

Something that doesn't have anything about :
Quote:Online Role Playing Game, rpg, role-playing game, roleplaying game, free rpg, torncity, online rpg, free online rpg, cyberpunk, shadowrun

So our dear security guys won't see it has a "nothing to do with work" link and allow it?

:wink:

yea this we need
2008.Jul.02, 11:47 PM

I was actually working on Greasemonkey script for the site and had already made some skins with the Stylish add on when this was brought up . Just B&W doesn't make it as playable... a broad background/color change makes the site look really bad, and you miss the cues for the red event/gang war notices. If you don't try to correct the font colors, the default text is actually kind of grey and doesn't show up on the lighter color backgrounds that we are looking for.

To avoid losing the playability, you need to translate the colors one by one in some of the tables, which is a real PITA for someone who is not a professional at this.

Also, while I don't have the problem, some corporate environments won't let you install Firefox...Sounds crazy, but it is true.
2008.Jul.03, 01:25 AM

Look in your in-game preferences page. While the optional layout in my opinion is difficult on the eyes (both by sheer ugliness and eye strain) it certainly doesn't seem to draw too much attention. I tried using it for 5 minutes and just can't handle it though haha.

Zenith [2]
Game Creator and Admin
2008.Jul.03, 01:31 AM

Nice addition zen.
2008.Jul.03, 01:34 AM

when i played in school instead of doing my work i played al when my teacher saw and said it looks like a christmas tree over there but i said yea im doing my work just has some color
lol its white and gray now better for when ur not soppose to be on