when was the gang point system started?
2008.Jun.28, 10:13 PM

zenith Wrote:The old system was Respect and each gang started off with I believe 100 points or so. Each loss in a war to any opponent gave you a point and took it from the loser's gang. If that gang was brought to 0, they were deleted. That was the "original" system.

While it was only fun for the winner, the loser at times went to bed with a 200 respect gang and woke up with an event saying their gang was deleted.

interesting but when did the gp system start?

http://www.whodatjunkie.com
2008.Jun.28, 11:22 PM

I think that would be the feb 2008 date. Our respect points were converted into GP... there were a few months before that where gangs could not be deleted anymore, but that apperently wasn't good enough so the new system was put into place. then there was another change adding the PvP aspect back into warring cause the PvP being totally removed was a bit much and really hurt the fun of the game.
2008.Jun.28, 11:27 PM

sorry it looks like it was june or july of 07... zen can tell ya for sure
2008.Jun.29, 12:57 AM

Before my time and I came early August '07...
2008.Jun.29, 01:57 AM

career started in the beginning of july and the GP warring started around the same time I believe.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.
2008.Jun.29, 02:30 AM

I started up in June which was the tailend of the old system.
2008.Jun.29, 02:33 AM

i think the current sysyem was about june07? and careers september07?
2008.Jun.29, 02:35 AM

how did everyone like the old system it seems like it would suck pretty bad rather then the fact you get to delete your enemies

http://www.whodatjunkie.com
2008.Jun.29, 02:37 AM

as zen said, it was awesome for the winners, but say if a gang like super villains, warred a little gang like the 499ersRazz, they wouldnt get as much respect points for defeating an opponent as they would a bigger gang
2008.Jun.29, 02:38 AM

Totally forgot the newspaper.

http://www.awakenedlands.com/forums/view...php?t=2509

07.July.9

* Fixed issue where a player was in both the hospital and jail at the same time due to an organized crime failure combined with a simultaneous attack.
* The bug fix also eliminates players "help" if they are in the hospital or jail when an organized crime's time is up.
* Added new gang combat code and eliminated old gang combat code.
* Added a non-war Hideout Repair link to the gang page.
* Added a (x) number by the "Your Gang" link in the main menu when you are at war. The x designates how many wars you are currently in.
* Fixed issue where gangs could not kick a player after they had finished a war.
* You can no longer "repair" a hideout in perfect condition. Doing so previously was just a waste of action points.
* Added gang hideout defense status bar on main "Your Gang" page.
* Added total apparent damage done to opponents in the gang attack drowdown list. Gangs listed will have a positive or negative number to inform attackers how much apparent damage has been caused to the opponent.
* Added opponent's hideout status on the gang-war page for current warring gangs to see.
* Added current gang points to gang summary page.
* Added "momentum" display to the public gang-wars list to signify the gang that has the upper hand in the war at that moment.

Key to success: "Dress everyday like you're gonna get murdered in those clothes.